• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BG AMS!!! April 12, 13, 14

Doesn't matter whose fault. It sucks. Some people needed the boost from this tourney to register for USADGC. Now they can't. It's going to be nearly 3 months after the tourney before the ratings are reflected. (July 2nd update) If it's known this could be an issue, then a way around it should be thought of up front. (pay the fee, and have county reimburse maybe?)

This is the biggest am tourney of the year (possibly next to worlds) and for it to not be official in ratings for 3 months is ridiculous, no matter the reason.

Exactly. There's no excuse for that results submission to miss the deadline :mad:

Doesn't matter whose fault. It sucks. Some people needed the boost from this tourney to register for USADGC. Now they can't. It's going to be nearly 3 months after the tourney before the ratings are reflected. (July 2nd update) If it's known this could be an issue, then a way around it should be thought of up front. (pay the fee, and have county reimburse maybe?)

This is the biggest am tourney of the year (possibly next to worlds) and for it to not be official in ratings for 3 months is ridiculous, no matter the reason.

Yea take it out of the entry fees so then all the players can bitch about that. Any other tournament would be glad if the PDGA fees were payed by tourism. HB cant win with some people and if you need this tournament for a boost to register for USADGC then you dont deserve to play USADGC.

The PDGA player fee is paid by the local tourism after the event, and this takes lots of time due to board, city, and county approvals for that $2500 grant. Should be done by next ratings . . . .

This is false. The city and county governments are not involved. We just got a grant from the same tourism board for our event this weekend. We filled out the application and picked up the check a couple days later. This process can be done way before the event ever happens. Plus when you bring in over $40,000 in entry fees one would think $2,600 in pdga fees wouldn't be a problem.

The PDGA tour standards require that the TD report and all financials be turned in within 48 hours. So there is no excuse!

I read the other day that the world was ending.

I thought, pssh, yeah, just another one of those things.

Now Shawn Sinclair is posting on DGCR?

Proof!

Now where did I put my bomb shelter....

There are lots of ways this could have been avoided and it's ridiculous, regardless of whether or not you wanted your rating updated as quickly as others.

If the issue is the $2500, then $2500 could have been set aside from the onset and the budget set for the tournament and player's pack and all other expenses set afterward. The fact is that this has a negative impact on hundreds of players' experience and was completely avoidable. :doh: :thmbdown:

There are lots of ways this could have been avoided and it's ridiculous, regardless of whether or not you wanted your rating updated as quickly as others.

If the issue is the $2500, then $2500 could have been set aside from the onset and the budget set for the tournament and player's pack and all other expenses set afterward. The fact is that this has a negative impact on hundreds of players' experience and was completely avoidable. :doh: :thmbdown:

you can run the ams next year since you know exactly how it needs to be done

Not submitting a td report because a TD is waiting on funds is inexcusable. The player pays those fees and the TD should budget those out in advance of the event.

If a sponsor is willing to cover those fees this still doesn't change any budgeting for the event. That is basic accounting.

Seems everyone I knew that went the year HB didn't run it said that was the best year. 2010 I believe was the year everyone said was the best. Seemed to get worse every year, only thing that made tourney worth while was meeting so many golfers from all over. This seems so far off we all know someone made a killing off this tourney so how come the funds havent been paid for the PDGA?

Well HB, I appreciate your months of preparation for the largest AM event in the world, even if no one else seems to

I forgot the thing tournament players do best: complain

Last edited:
HB is a cancer to disc golf. His selfish attitude has drove away 3 local Disc Golf Hall of Fame members, and several other long time players. I've heard comments about HB from groups he used to be involved in BG outside of disc golf ......pompous, slimy, unethical, liar to name a few. Amy Caldwell at the tourism commission told me a few years ago, that Brian Graham specifically told her BG would NOT get Worlds if HB was involved. What a lame excuse after taking in over $40,000.....and I know for a fact he fudges his TD reports.

Ha, complainging?

It doesn't even effect me. I'm just stating my opinion as someone who has plenty of experience running events.

HB is a cancer to disc golf. His selfish attitude has drove away 3 local Disc Golf Hall of Fame members, and several other long time players. I've heard comments about HB from groups he used to be involved in BG outside of disc golf ......pompous, slimy, unethical, liar to name a few. Amy Caldwell at the tourism commission told me a few years ago, that Brian Graham specifically told her BG would NOT get Worlds if HB was involved. What a lame excuse after taking in over $40,000.....and I know for a fact he fudges his TD reports.

^^This guy might be on to something everyone from outta town may think Hb is the man, but his ways are well known around the people that know him best.

Honestly I don't care whose fault it is. This should have been in the update.

What is the PDGA going to do if this doesn't get updated to reflect in ratings and points and such? I traveled to BG simply for the points. I don't have the time to grind out the couple hundred that I should have earned (I suck big whoop wanna fight about it) to get to my 500 for my worlds invite.

Punishing the players for TD actions in inexcusable.

ever run any with 650 players and a 5 disc+ players pack?

You don't have to be such a fanboy. I love playing BG Ams. It's my favorite tournament to play every year. That doesn't meant that the worst parts of the experience aren't directly related to the TD.

Everyone appreciates the efforts that WERE put in, it's the efforts that weren't put in that stand out.

^^This guy might be on to something everyone from outta town may think Hb is the man, but his ways are well known around the people that know him best.

People I respect and trust have nothing positive to say about him. It's the only time I've heard a couple of these people speak poorly about anyone. So lets just say he's well known around here and not for the good reasons.