• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Hyzer Bag- Ergo

That is something I don't know. It looks like there are five sleeves. In Sarah's video, she filled three and put discs some in the bottom. I doubt it's tight enough in the bottom in that scenario that you couldn't at least put one disc in each of the two sleeves, but that's pure speculation. Hopefully I'll be able to answer that question tomorrow.

That is something I don't know. It looks like there are five sleeves. In Sarah's video, she filled three and put discs some in the bottom. I doubt it's tight enough in the bottom in that scenario that you couldn't at least put one disc in each of the two sleeves, but that's pure speculation. Hopefully I'll be able to answer that question tomorrow.

Cool. I will be awaiting your first impressions! :popcorn:

This is getting pretty ridiculous. Either they are holding out on releasing info until the last minute, or they are getting ran around by their sewers. (If that even is the real problem) There is no way he "didn't know" the bags weren't coming until 9 last night.

Would he not get some sort of delivery confirmation, or a phone call, letting him know his large shipment is coming in? (The "It's 8:52 PM" comment was obviously staged to seem very specific)

Is tbirds bag the only one that shipped out? Why would they only have one non-faulty bag? The video made it sound like they didn't have any bags in their possession. Just seems odd, and not "as transparent as possible."

Not that it really matters I have to wait yet another week for a bag, I just don't like being given the runaround.

This is getting pretty ridiculous. Either they are holding out on releasing info until the last minute, or they are getting ran around by their sewers. (If that even is the real problem) There is no way he "didn't know" the bags weren't coming until 9 last night. Would he not get some sort of delivery confirmation, or a phone call, letting him know his large shipment is coming in?

Is tbirds bag the only one that shipped out? Why would they only have one non-faulty bag? The video made it sound like they didn't have any bags in their possession. Just seems odd, and not "as transparent as possible."

Not that it really matters I have to wait yet another week for a bag, I just don't like being given the runaround.

Doubt he knew before, he would have no reason to wait until the day of to say something...what would be the benefit of him doing that?

I just hope he finds some new people to contract with in the future, or else they won't be able to make it in this market.

I am pretty sure this is a common thing that goes on behind the scenes. The only reason it's affecting us is because it's a Pre-Order scenario where the bags aren't already in stock before being purchased (like 99.9% of the products we are used to buying). Most products aren't available or on a shelf until they have already gone through this process. This is why I am not surprised going into any preorder, especially with a small business.

Doubt he knew before, he would have no reason to wait until the day of to say something...what would be the benefit of him doing that?

I agree, he would have no reason too. But for some reason it seems like he has, multiple times. I said the same thing about the first delays. Why wait until the very last minute to say something? Speculation, of course.

I mean, good thing he told us at 8:52 instead of 8:58. I'm sure he got a phone call and then 20 seconds later was like "man I better make a youtube video that states the exact minute I received this information"......

I think it's easy - and understandable - to get frustrated with the delays. That said, we kind of have ourselves to blame for being pre-order guinea pigs. The same thing happened with people who pre-ordered Grips...and Flaks...and probably the next bag. It comes with the territory, unfortunately.

No, I totally agree. I expected delays, and have no real problem waiting for it to come. Just the way it has been handled does not sit particularly well with me.

So...I had a little surprise waiting for me when I got home. I have to say that I am incredibly impressed. There are some things I wasn't expecting, both good and bad (trying to be neutral here).

Basics:
-I've packed in 24 discs: 19 upside down like the Simian in the six slots (4 in the top, 3 in the rest), 3 in the front outside pocket, and 2 in the tongue half pocket
-The side pockets will hold two discs each (they're stacked but locked in place - shook the bag upside down without them moving)
-The frame is sewn into the side of the bag, but there is the room behind it as wide as the frame
-The removable lumbar piece is nice and thickly padded but the strap is 1" wide. I would've liked a wider strap like most hiking packs.
-The main compartment wedges down to the part of the bag that touches your back. That space means more room in the inside front pocket.
-The straps are well-padded and almost four inches wide. With an empty bag, they pressed against my neck. Fully loaded, they spread out enough that I couldn't feel them.

So...I had a little surprise waiting for me when I got home. I have to say that I am incredibly impressed. There are some things I wasn't expecting, both good and bad (trying to be neutral here).

Pictures please.

I submitted early so I'll make another post. The bag is great. I can't wait to get it on the course and start breaking it in.

One more basic:
-The side pockets will hold either water or discs. Right now, the disc pocket is very tight when putting in a putter. I'm sure it'll stretch a little with use. I could fit my powder keg of Chucker's Chalk in the outside side pocket with a putter in the inside pocket. I wouldn't try to fit a larger cylinder than that, but I could fit my wallet in there if I wanted.

Overall it's an amazing bag. It's not perfect, but I don't think any bag could ever be.

Wish list:
-I would love a Gorilla Boy bottle pocket on each side so you could store discs and water, but the rest of the bag holds more discs than I will regularly carry so it's not an issue for me. As it is, the water bottles sit in the side pockets very securely. My worries are gone in that regard. My 32oz Nalgenes sit in to about the 700mL mark.
-I would also like a little more depth in the side zipper pockets. With the extra room from the water/disc pockets, I think they could grow the side pockets to make them a little more useful without killing the compact size. I will probably put my wallet and phone there as it is, and that will be it (they sit flat so height but no depth).
-The only other thing right now is that, when empty, the padding on the entire back, not the spots with extra padding, dug into my lower back making me worried about comfort. Once loaded, it wasn't an issue.

I don't know if I'll be able to get a video up before I leave, but I did want to get some initial thoughts down. Bring on the questions.

Teasers while I get the pics cleaned up

This is something I just noticed. The pencil pocket is too deep for a golf pencil (is it Voodoo that has shallower pockets? Whoever it is has it right) but too shallow for a Sharpie. Looks like I need to buy a shorter Sharpie and some school No. 2's. I don't think that Sharpie will move but just want to point it out.
62456388-5bc8-406d-b7a1-a1982f910700_zps3947cd29.jpg

Right side. Notice the umbrella strap velcros flat instead of a ring like most other bags.
57054ab2-faf3-476a-9ec4-5f5d117315b9_zpsa3bcf79b.jpg

Still worried about these falling out? Note that these are the taller, narrow mouth bottles. The wide mouths are a little wider and sit a little deeper.
05ebc3d4-c6ed-49f9-b856-f67a5328a066_zpsd97032a5.jpg