• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Hyzer Bags Ergo 2

Just got my red and black ergo 2. After one round i can safely say this is the best bag i have ever used. I couldnt be happier with the way my discs are arranged, the extra storage and the comfort of the back and straps. I love this bag

Just got my red and black ergo 2. After one round i can safely say this is the best bag i have ever used. I couldnt be happier with the way my discs are arranged, the extra storage and the comfort of the back and straps. I love this bag

Interesting. Compared to what other bags that you have used. Why is it the best?

Interesting. Compared to what other bags that you have used. Why is it the best?

I have tried the Ranger, Grip, Catalyst, lots of traditional bags, even tried a mahal. What makes this bag the best imo is the vertical storage. It really take the load of the discs which is your main weight and spreads it out all the way up and down your back rather than left to right on your lower back. Even Grip can't compete with this comfort wise.

I have tried the Ranger, Grip, Catalyst, lots of traditional bags, even tried a mahal. What makes this bag the best imo is the vertical storage. It really take the load of the discs which is your main weight and spreads it out all the way up and down your back rather than left to right on your lower back. Even Grip can't compete with this comfort wise.

I have an Ergo1, and I remember trading it for a couple rounds. One with a Grip L, and one with a GB Simian. I couldn't wait to get back to my Ergo.

How many discs does this thing hold? I have a Grip A and am highly considering trading...

I'm just having a hard time believing there is something better than a Grip A...

The Grip has the bells and whistles on lockdown. The organization of the pockets and the putter quiver are huge, in my opinion. The Ergo does not have any organization to the pockets (e.g., no pockets inside the side pockets to put a wallet in; just open space. The Ergo 1 I used to own had these, but the new run does not.), but John at Big Hyzer may be willing to customize something for you. I am definitely leaning going that route in terms of the Ergo, because for the same price as the Grip I can do a custom color and have him add some pockets.

Plus, the Ergo holds 10 discs as well as it holds 18. The versatility is one of its strongest points.

If the Ergo had better organization in their pockets, I would be all over this bag as well. Maybe the custom route with these additional pockets will be the right route to take so it is all covered under the warranty.

Has anyone had one done like this that can share some pictures?

The Grip has the bells and whistles on lockdown. The organization of the pockets and the putter quiver are huge, in my opinion. The Ergo does not have any organization to the pockets (e.g., no pockets inside the side pockets to put a wallet in; just open space. The Ergo 1 I used to own had these, but the new run does not.), but John at Big Hyzer may be willing to customize something for you. I am definitely leaning going that route in terms of the Ergo, because for the same price as the Grip I can do a custom color and have him add some pockets.

Plus, the Ergo holds 10 discs as well as it holds 18. The versatility is one of its strongest points.

Now you're making think about looking into a 2 to go with my 1. I would definitely add extra pockets on the sides and possibly a couple on the top of the huge middle pocket. I love the putter pocket on the 2 but don't like the removal of the extra pockets on the side.

Black and grey should be arriving today. I won't be able to use it until this weekend, unfortunately.

Now you're making think about looking into a 2 to go with my 1. I would definitely add extra pockets on the sides and possibly a couple on the top of the huge middle pocket. I love the putter pocket on the 2 but don't like the removal of the extra pockets on the side.

I agree. I had emailed John about the possibility of adding pockets and he seemed on board, but we didn't get into specifics in terms of price or logistics. Honestly, though, if he added those as standard and jacked the price up by $10 for the extra material this thing would sell like hotcakes.

tbird - Where do you think the best spot for pockets in the big open space would be? I've been debating between the slanted side or the straight side. I also would like two slots in each side pocket and a key ring. I'm picky, haha.

Last edited:
Why is organizational pockets so important to yall? Im curious because thats the last thing i worried about with my ergo 2. I feel it holds everythin perfectly in its own individual pockets just fine. I especially love the very top pocket. Thatd where i keep my wallet and sunglasses and food. Its nice and roomy. I dont even use the side pockets unless i have to. This thing has more storage than i even know what to do with