• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Hyzer Bags Ergo 2

Why is organizational pockets so important to yall? Im curious because thats the last thing i worried about with my ergo 2. I feel it holds everythin perfectly in its own individual pockets just fine. I especially love the very top pocket. Thatd where i keep my wallet and sunglasses and food. Its nice and roomy. I dont even use the side pockets unless i have to. This thing has more storage than i even know what to do with

I like to have a dedicated space for certain items without them floating around in the abyss. Simple as that.

I agree. I had emailed John about the possibility of adding pockets and he seemed on board, but we didn't get into specifics in terms of price or logistics. Honestly, though, if he added those as standard and jacked the price up by $10 for the extra material this thing would sell like hotcakes.

tbird - Where do you think the best spot for pockets in the big open space would be? I've been debating between the slanted side or the straight side. I also would like two slots in each side pocket and a key ring. I'm picky, haha.

Agreed. I would love a pocket for a golden retriever, my Chucker's Chalk container, and maybe a zipper pocket for poop bags and other random things that I hate floating around in that pocket. Things that are always in the way when reaching for other things but buried as far back as possible whenever I need them.

Wallet, phone, keys. Don't want to have those in the top pocket, would like them in a more secure spot. Aspirin, hand sanitizer, chucker's chalk...

Makes sense. Everyone has their own preference. I would love to see what it looks like if it gets done :)

Makes sense. Everyone has their own preference. I would love to see what it looks like if it gets done :)

Yep. I'd like to basically take the organization of the top storage area from the Flak and transfer that to the bottom pocket of the Ergo. I think it's pretty doable.

tbird - Where do you think the best spot for pockets in the big open space would be? I've been debating between the slanted side or the straight side. I also would like two slots in each side pocket and a key ring. I'm picky, haha.

I would like to see them on the top of pocket (what separates the disc slots from the big storage compartment). That compromises the flexibility of horizontal disc storage, but I wouldn't use that option anyway. I carry 18 in my 1 and can't see carrying any more than that.

Titan, I would like to keep my phone separate from my keys and wallet because it's too valuable to have floating around getting scratched. In my 1, I have one side pocket with my phone in the internal pocket and wallet below it and the other holds my keys in the internal pocket. It would be nice to be able to keep a hoodie/jacket in the bottom and keep it isolated from my Retriever after it's been in a nasty pond getting my poorly thrown disc. Ziploc bags are nice but sometimes fail.

I would like to see them on the top of pocket (what separates the disc slots from the big storage compartment). That compromises the flexibility of horizontal disc storage, but I wouldn't use that option anyway. I carry 18 in my 1 and can't see carrying any more than that.

Titan, I would like to keep my phone separate from my keys and wallet because it's too valuable to have floating around getting scratched. In my 1, I have one side pocket with my phone in the internal pocket and wallet below it and the other holds my keys in the internal pocket. It would be nice to be able to keep a hoodie/jacket in the bottom and keep it isolated from my Retriever after it's been in a nasty pond getting my poorly thrown disc. Ziploc bags are nice but sometimes fail.

I like that spot too, but I wonder if it might be easier to put pockets (at least from a manufacturing standpoint) on the wall right behind the putters...

I mean, imagine these pockets, adjusted for size, obviously, on the inside of the large Ergo pocket:

20140315_092925_zps0fhqhplc.jpg

This bag would be a home run.

Yeah i see what you mean T. I keep forgetting not everyone has a lifeproof or ghost armor or even a basic case or screen protector so i can see why you would want to keep that seperate. The retreiever may fit in side one of the pockets just above the water bottle holder. I have a disc gator coming in so that will be where a stool typically goes. There id a d ring on the outside above the side pocket and thats where i keep my keys

I like that spot too, but I wonder if it might be easier to put pockets (at least from a manufacturing standpoint) on the wall right behind the putters...

I mean, imagine these pockets, adjusted for size, obviously, on the inside of the large Ergo pocket:

20140315_092925_zps0fhqhplc.jpg

This bag would be a home run.

Woth putters in the putter pocket, its kinda hard to open that pocket out and may be difficult to get to that slotted storage area. Fitting two or three more discs in that huge pocket is easy once it gets past the entrance but initially is a little bit of a snug fit so it may not work out ideally as you are hoping unless the sides of that pocket were expanded and the zippers extended farther around the pocket and closer to the ground. See what i am saying?

Woth putters in the putter pocket, its kinda hard to open that pocket out and may be difficult to get to that slotted storage area. Fitting two or three more discs in that huge pocket is easy once it gets past the entrance but initially is a little bit of a snug fit so it may not work out ideally as you are hoping unless the sides of that pocket were expanded and the zippers extended farther around the pocket and closer to the ground. See what i am saying?

Can you post a photo of what you're talking about?

I agree. I had emailed John about the possibility of adding pockets and he seemed on board, but we didn't get into specifics in terms of price or logistics. Honestly, though, if he added those as standard and jacked the price up by $10 for the extra material this thing would sell like hotcakes.

i just did the same and talked to john. just a matter of picking colors now and said inside pockets would be no issue.

2wn095g.jpg

This is what it looks like with the pocket zipped and 3 putters in the putter pocket
o5dimo.jpg

In this picture, this is as far as I can stretch the opening of the pocket behind the putter pocket. There is some room but you would have trouble digging stuff and placing stuff into the organizational pocket
wv4j5t.jpg

If you look in this picture the zipper trails on each side of the pocket only go out so far to the right and left, but if you were to extend that trail further to each side like on the flak, you would have a bigger opening and therefore more room to easily place and take out items from the organizational pocket and that pocket will extend out further down towards the putter pocket...make sense? or do you think there is enough room without extending the zippers?

Thanks man, much appreciated. So to get to the stuff in the big pocket you just need to take the putters out? That's not a deal breaker for me. Can you photo how much you can stretch that with the putters out?

Thanks man, much appreciated. So to get to the stuff in the big pocket you just need to take the putters out? That's not a deal breaker for me. Can you photo how much you can stretch that with the putters out?

yep another couple minutes :)

16beog0.jpg

without putters
24y5mo8.jpg

with putters. Honestly it is a very minimal difference with 2 putters. with the 3 its a little more snug.

Latest posts