• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big UV Lights for Glow

Personally I keep my glow discs covered up at all times when not in play. I have a dedicated glow bag I keep zipped up and a box of back up glow discs with a covered lid to keep their exposure to light low. I assume like most things glow plastic gets weaker over time and prolonged exposure.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. I have a bunch of glow P-38's I bought in 85...all still glow as brightly as ever and have never been under wraps. They are on par with Vibram's XL Glow and blow away anything new from Discraft or Innova. Its all in the glow material quality.

Personally I keep my glow discs covered up at all times when not in play. I have a dedicated glow bag I keep zipped up and a box of back up glow discs with a covered lid to keep their exposure to light low. I assume like most things glow plastic gets weaker over time and prolonged exposure.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. I have a bunch of glow P-38's I bought in 85...all still glow as brightly as ever and have never been under wraps. They are on par with Vibram's XL Glow and blow away anything new from Discraft or Innova. Its all in the glow material quality.

Lightning Discs did glow very well.

Yes the UV LED flashlights help the charge of the glow disc last longer when compared to a standard LED flashlight. However they don't make crappy glow plastic suddenly become long lasting glow plastic, nothing can. For example that colored glow plastic from Discraft is mostly garbage (CryZtal FLX Glo) and nothing can help it stay lit.

IMO There are a lot of factors to consider when it comes to Glow disc golf. The amount of moonlight can be a factor, on a full moon night the glow discs become harder to find do to it being less dark. Glow discs are easier to spot when it is really pitch black out vs moon lit nights. The weather is also a factor as glow discs don't hold there charge as long the colder it gets, below 30-40 degrees I would rather use tape on LED lights instead of glow plastic.

Personally I keep my glow discs covered up at all times when not in play. I have a dedicated glow bag I keep zipped up and a box of back up glow discs with a covered lid to keep their exposure to light low. I assume like most things glow plastic gets weaker over time and prolonged exposure.

What kind of tape works well for LED lights on discs? I have LED's coming but wasn't sure what tape to get that will stick well.

I have a UV flashlight on the way that I got for free so hoping to test that out as well before glow leagues start with the few glow discs I have.

What kind of tape works well for LED lights on discs? I have LED's coming but wasn't sure what tape to get that will stick well.

I have a UV flashlight on the way that I got for free so hoping to test that out as well before glow leagues start with the few glow discs I have.

I use the nylon reinforced packaging tape from work, had a roll that was close to being empty and just snagged that to keep things simple. I place my LED's on the underside of the discs (champion/Z/opto plastics work great) and use two strips like a + sign to tape them on. Mine have stayed on all winter and summer, only comes off when I peel it off to replace an LED light. :thmbup:

Dont recall if anybody mentioned this above but make sure you put the tape on when it is warm. Bring your discs inside and let them warm up and then apply the LEDs and tape inside when everything is room temp. The tape works better when done this way. See a lot of guys do this outside in the cold and the tape does not stick as well. Much more adhesive at room temp then when it is cold.

Latest posts