• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Blue Ribbon Pines gets a ZERO?

One of the courses here has several ponds. They also have rakes available. They also have bass in the pond who are in the egg laying season. They have stated not to rake the ponds to not disrupt the bass breeding season.

This could be the reason dude was so pissy. It could also have been posted in places and you didn't see it, or if there was a waiver you signed before playing and didn't read. Maybe you ignoring something that *might* have been obvious to everyone but you pushed this guy over the edge and he acted like an ass because you, in turn, acted like an ass?

they are man made ponds, not natural. they are also not very large. think roughly the size of a medium sand trap at a professional golf course. I'm about 99% sure there are not any fish living in them, only frogs and pretty much any normal water insect you would find.

The is also not a waiver you sign when you get there. You walk in the door, had the cashier your $5, and they give you your day pass. the day pass acts as your waiver, and doesn't mention the water in it anywhere.

While a great experience; Whippin Post is probably not top ten compared with many designs these days.

*awaits chastisement*

actually my sentiments exactly...i rated the 2 courses 4 and 4.5 and strongly feel they get by on reputation. mythology, lore, and nostalgia.

Good thought but in this case its not even a pond, its a made man hole prob 4 ft deep and maybe 40 ft long by 80 ft wide.

Bottom line, a zero rating is a little reactionary but the guy deserves to rate what he wants and people should read the totality of the reviews and be able to form their own opinions. If this was the only review it have been an issue but I think the guy should get his say like everyone else.

its more then 4 feet deep. it has got to be pushing 6-7 feet in the middle. you hit 4 feet deep about 5 feet in, because the clay sides of the pond slant at about a 30 degree angle, which also pushes most of the discs to the middle after they sink in the water.

So the only reason to register was to get mad about your experience. I am wondering if you view everything in a negative light, because clearly you stated you would have given the course a 5 prior to today. But that wasn't enough to post a review? I am not discrediting your opinion of the situation, I only think the review/rating should include everything. You seemed to only focus on the negative, which bothers me.

Thats all I have to say I am just gonna sit back and watch now.

Dude, he's just an angry Liberal... uh I mean Progressive. Yeah that's it, Progressive. Or he might be a Flippy.

Last edited:
I prefer the Regressive Movement!

LOL. Look another person that just joined up to drop Idlewilds average. Now we are talking. Hey Tallpaul, this is what it was like when idle and flip were neck and neck. Someone would join and give 1 of them a 5. then someone would join the site and give the other a 5. Now they join and give their rival course a 3 or 3 1/2. Back in the day it was so close that a 4 1/2 disc rating would drop said course into 2nd place. :popcorn:

So for a recap, this dude being kicked off BRP is like:

racists making blacks eat in the back.
A cop telling you it is illegal to wear a green sweater on tuesday.
A "dumb ass maintenance worker keeps parking his damn cart in front of the tee box, and grabbing my disc off the ground after my shot"

I just overdosed on analogies and metaphors.

Well, guys, we'll just have to rock, paper, and scissors for it.

I'm guessing the guy was mad that you were in his pond and he didn't want you fooling around and accidentally drowning yourself on his private property.

Lost in all this mess was that the whippin post simultaneously got it's 10th review and was eligible for top 10 and was for a moment...however brief..... .01 discs from crcking the top 10!

I just played (and reviewed) there today. Kind of funny and ironic considering that I lost a disc in the pond on #18. If Spencer yelled at me for trying to retrieve a disc out of his pond, I sure as hell wouldn't give the Whippin' Post a zero; if anything I'd commend him in the review for having the balls to protect his private property.

Oh look, another flippy reviews idlewild. that's 2 within the last few hours.

i was about to say...

one of them registered today too. "coincidentally" just after flip took a 4.5

this **** is so ridiculous it hurts.

No it's his business, therefore it is similar to saying you can eat at my restaurant but because you're black you have to wait at the backdoor for your food. He's applying different rules to different groups of people.

your analogy would be correct if the diner went back into the kitchen (Edit: frank beat me to the analogy), the person was prepared to go into the water looking for discs. It wasn't just a disc went in and he tried to grab it. He brought waders and went disc diving using his "friend previously lost disc" as an excuse

Last edited:
your analogy would be correct if the diner went back into the kitchen (Edit: frank beat me to the analogy), the person was prepared to go into the water looking for discs. It wasn't just a disc went in and he tried to grab it. He brought waders and went disc diving using his "friend previously lost disc" as an excuse

Great minds think alike.