• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bolf pro

T.Hizzle

Eagle Member
I went to the golf course by my home this morning to hit a bucket of balls. My friend Kevin who is a scratch golfer and PGA teaching professional was working. We started talking about the sequencing of the bolf swing and frolf throw. Next, I go out and hit a bucket of balls, chip a little. Then, I went to my local DG course and shot -5 less than usual. Weird that a bolf pro could help my frolf game so much.....

Pretty easy to shot below par when using golf equipment on a frolf course....;P

not surprised that an expert in form and mechanics would help you in your game.

Interesting, I never thought about the physical similarities between the two.

I played on my Ball Golf team in high school and for the club team in college and still get out there occasionally. I know there are a lot of similar concepts to the two games. The similarities in mental and strategic approaches to the games are uncanny.

Similarities between ball golf and disc golf? No way! :p

x2.

@ T.Hizzle: Also please stop using the terms "Bolf" and "Frolf"...I know you're a troll but...

KeyshawnJohnson.jpg

I went to the golf course by my home this morning to hit a bucket of balls. My friend Kevin who is a scratch golfer and PGA teaching professional was working. We started talking about the sequencing of the bolf swing and frolf throw. Next, I go out and hit a bucket of balls, chip a little. Then, I went to my local DG course and shot -5 less than usual. Weird that a bolf pro could help my frolf game so much.....

So you shot five strokes worse? :confused:

Bolf or Frolf, the timing at impact or snap is where it happens.

Thanks for trying, John. Too bad trolls have such a short attention span. :p

Last edited:
OH EM GEE YOU SAID FROLF RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE. I'M IGNORANT AND CHOOSE NOT TO BELIEVE WHAM-O AND THE FRISBEE HAD A HUGE PART IN INVENTING OUR BELOVED SPORT RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE.

Bolf or Frolf, the timing at impact or snap is where it happens.

Kind of. For me, the similarities would be more with the positioning of the body. Keeping every part of your body in line, the coiling of your core, and exploding through with the hips, pivoting with your feet, and follow through towards the target.

OH EM GEE YOU SAID FROLF RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE. I'M IGNORANT AND CHOOSE NOT TO BELIEVE WHAM-O AND THE FRISBEE HAD A HUGE PART IN INVENTING OUR BELOVED SPORT RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE.

OMG, I'M IGNORANT AND CHOOSE NOT TO REMEMBER THAT ONE OF OUR SPORT'S GRANDFATHERS KNEW WHAMMO WOULN'T LEND THEIR COPYRIGHTED NAME TO OUR SPORT SO HE CALLED IT DISC GOLF. RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE. :rolleyes:

rabble rabble

my dad and i used to play stick golf all the time. hes is really good at golf.

last summer i took him out disc golfing. his second round out he hit chains and spit out. on a 330+ wooded protected hole.

it wasn't luck either. he just controlled his form and figured out his tempo.

Here's the problem with FROLF: It sounds stupid.

Here's the problem with Frisbee Golf: It's misrepresentative of the sport, so some players dislike it. It adds to the generacizing of Wham-O's trademark, so they don't like it either. No matter whose side your on, calling it Frisbee Golf is "wrong"

Here's the problem with Bolf: There's already a name for golf with sticks and balls: golf. If it wasn't called golf, we wouldn't need to specify disc golf, we could just call it golf. But since there's already a golf, we call it disc golf (or frolf or whatever).

Ken Climo has said that he ball golfs to help work his body in being balanced, using opposite muscles, etc.

^^^Makes sense, but tai chi/rockclimbing/swimming are much better and less impact-stress.