• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Border Courses?

I just returned from a vacation encircling Lake Erie and had the time to stop and play Beaver Island State Park on Grand Island, NY. As soon as our sport's biggest arms can reach about 1600', they'll maybe be able throw from the USA to Canada across the west branch of the Niagara River there.

(I almost had enough time to stop in St. Catharines and play the course there that utilizes some of the abandoned first and second versions of the Welland Canal built in the 1820's and 1830's. That would have been super cool. Maybe next time.)

Well, it's not exactly "states", but

There is a course on the border between Poland and the Check republic where a tree kick can easily mean you throw from another country.

Look up Zieleniec, it's a great tournament every year.

Unfortunately the monument isn't actually in the correct location. :wall:

Yes, I've heard that. Looks like its about 1.5 car lengths below the spot and over about a car width. How do they screw that up?

This would be a fun tournament anyway. I've only got 1 of those 4 states, so that would be a convenient way to bag the other states! Definitely bring plenty of water!! :D

Last edited:
Place a basket right on the four corners. Throw a roller that finishes by curling around the basket. Then you can say your drive went through four states before stopping.

One basket, Red, white & blue tees in each state... 12 hole course?

Simon (and Casey White) claims in his latest vlog that Clement Farm is mostly in Massachusetts, but that hole 15 crosses into New Hampshire. After scrutinizing the uDisc map, it looks like hole 15's basket and hole 16's tee really are very close to the border, but come up just short. A church(?) just behind those holes is fully in NH. Assuming the border I'm seeing is drawn correctly.

Simon (and Casey White) claims in his latest vlog that Clement Farm is mostly in Massachusetts, but that hole 15 crosses into New Hampshire. After scrutinizing the uDisc map, it looks like hole 15's basket and hole 16's tee really are very close to the border, but come up just short. A church(?) just behind those holes is fully in NH. Assuming the border I'm seeing is drawn correctly.

If the map is accurate at all, the course comes no closer than about 300 feet from the state line.

it is close but truly nowhere near the state line

It's definitely close, I used to park on the Indiana side and walk to the course. Parking fees were a few bucks cheaper for Indiana residents at St Pat's.

late 80's story... they locked the gate of Bertrand at sunset, 3 of us were still on the course and parked in their lot. The gate was locked upon trying to exit so we took the fence apart using tools we had in the car, drove out and put the fence back together :)