• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bradley Williams Suspended

Given what we know, was the PDGA suspension of Bradley Williams correct?

• Yes, and the amount of time was correct.

Votes: 122 51.5%
  • Yes, but the amount of time was not correct.

Votes: 69 29.1%
  • No, the process was flawed.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • No, Bradley Williams should not have been suspended at all.

Votes: 16 6.8%

• Total voters
I wonder if the PDGA will take a shot back at the DGPT in 2017 and schedule their NTs/Majors close or on the same day as the DGPT. The PDGA can last longer financially in this game of chicken when this should be a mutually beneficial relationship. Instead of writing a long blog post why doesn't Steve dodge work to make it better with the PDGA next year? Plus citing the Williams incident as a reason is ridiculous.

I wonder if the PDGA will take a shot back at the DGPT in 2017 and schedule their NTs/Majors close or on the same day as the DGPT.
Aren't all of next year's events already scheduled?
The PDGA can last longer financially in this game of chicken when this should be a mutually beneficial relationship. Instead of writing a long blog post why doesn't Steve dodge work to make it better with the PDGA next year?
He listed the reasons. DGPT and DGWT both went to the PDGA several times to only be given excuses.
Plus citing the Williams incident as a reason is ridiculous.
Agreed

Where's the who gives a **** option?

Or better yet, the '**** this guy, he's a homophobic, racist, immature piece of ****' option?

He listed the reasons. DGPT and DGWT both went to the PDGA several times to only be given excuses.

i would still approach it differently - I would setup a meeting for 2017/2018 and pose a partnership agreement (maybe even contractual). I would bring the weekends I want and back these choices with participation stats (including spectator stats) from 2016, purse sizes, media coverage plans and financial gain. This way events too close together could be avoided and DGPT could leverage the PDGA for support.

I tend to give situations the benefit of the doubt and try to make one last effort before creating a divide.

Dodge has done this before. The Marshall Street Open was a big event that there was something that Jason and Steve wanted to do that conflicted with the PDGA in some way (I think it had to do with booze but I might remember that wrong) so they just ran it unsanctioned. He knows what he is doing.

Ironically, the biggest issue that set Jason (not necessarily Steve) off with the PDGA was that he was the one who was asked to hand deliver the letter to Cam Todd notifying him of his suspension in 2004. Jason was already pretty anti-PDGA prior to that first MSDGC and I believe Steve was the driving force behind sanctioning it in the first place.

I think they did attempt to get a waiver of the alcohol during rounds ban for the MSDGC in 2005, the PDGA said no, and they went unsanctioned for a couple years. In the meantime, Steve ran for and won a spot on the PDGA Board...shortly there after, Jason and Steve parted ways and the Vibram Open, as an NT, was born.

Or better yet, the '**** this guy, he's a homophobic, racist, immature piece of ****' option?

Maybe BW should have done the prank video with Liberty University instead of McBeth. Sounds like he would have gotten along with the president there.

correct on both accounts: the letter and they wanted kegs out during the MSDGC.

I'm assuming Dodge had a master plan with some sort of timeline.
Perhaps this episode has served to shorten that timeline.

DGPT said:
This process of not sanctioning may need to continue into 2017 unless positive steps are taken toward working together. This is mostly meant as a shot across the bow of the PDGA.

I don't know... I get the idea that this is instead a poorly executed play to try to gain leverage over the PDGA and it's board, rather than sever ties. Only a total fool would truly pull the rip cord on the relationship with the PDGA before you had all your ducks in a row, people and processes to replace what the PDGA did. Even the ADGT knew that... and promptly got to work at plagiarizing the PDGAs documents.

In before the Chris Kilgus 30for30 on ESPN420.

Lol!

I can picture rival tours in the form of the WWF and WCW back in the day. Paul McBeth and Bradley Williams will leave the PDGA for a rival organization, and start up the outlaw NWO.

It would be hilarious.

Bradley Williams committed two DGPT Class B infractions. Due to these infractions, Bradley will miss the remainder (Discraft's GMC and the Tour Championship) of the Pro Tour season. During the off-season, we will finalize the Pro Tour Disciplinary Process and what appropriate punishment should be taken per Class A and Class B infraction. Bradley's suspension may be increased based on these conversations.

Infraction Classes:
Class A, Fines: Behavioral amongst oneself
Class B, Suspensions & Fines: Cheating, Endangering, Behavior affecting players

Disciplinary Panel:
One DGPT representative (Steve Dodge)
One player representative (Nate Doss)
One TD representative (Jeff Spring

An ex post facto violation of a rule that didn't exist at the time, with a uncertain penalty to be determined in the future?

Isn't this the sort of "transparency" that started this week's avalanche in the first place?

ohhhh you mean the smashboxxx podcast that the article linked quotes throughout and this entire offshoot of the discussion derives from?

lol thx

Hearing Steve, Terry, and Johnny talk about it is much more entertaining than reading an article....so...you're welcome! :thmbup:

An ex post facto violation of a rule that didn't exist at the time, with a uncertain penalty to be determined in the future?

Isn't this the sort of "transparency" that started this week's avalanche in the first place?

You're on a roll today

Shhhh... it's a revolution! One based on the theory that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Even if that grass hasn't been planted yet... it will be. Trust us. Well, him. That one very vocal guy. I mean, okay he's never grown grass before but whatever, he's talking very loudly about growing grass, he really wants good grass, and that's most of what it takes to grow good grass, right? Something like that.

Not that the DGPT is saying that the suspension handed out to BW was wrong. Just that, like any good judicial process should, it didn't take unsolicited email input from an un-accountable third party. You call that transparency? Well... the PDGA doesn't, they specifically set out to make the disciplinary process a private affair... but a few days ago a couple people decided they wanted it to be retroactively transparent, and 8 hours went by and nothing had changed. So what can you do, other than burn it to the ground?

Viva la revolution!

Shhhh... it's a revolution! One based on the theory that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Even if that grass hasn't been planted yet... it will be. Trust us. Well, him. That one very vocal guy. I mean, okay he's never grown grass before but whatever, he's talking very loudly about growing grass, he really wants good grass, and that's most of what it takes to grow good grass, right? Something like that.

Not that the DGPT is saying that the suspension handed out to BW was wrong. Just that, like any good judicial process should, it didn't take unsolicited email input from an un-accountable third party. You call that transparency? Well... the PDGA doesn't, they specifically set out to make the disciplinary process a private affair... but a few days ago a couple people decided they wanted it to be retroactively transparent, and 8 hours went by and nothing had changed. So what can you do, other than burn it to the ground?

Viva la revolution!

*drops mic

Its privacy. The PDGA is not going to disclose every factor that went I to the decision. He was on probation, he did not learn, he earned his suspension.

Latest posts