• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Breaking a disc in

I would think playing would be the best way to break in a disc
It took me like 3 months to break in my champ. boss from just throwing it.
I just got a new star fl and its too overstable and it takes so damn long to break in a disc in the winter so I decided to throw it against a brick wall with a towel over the wall so the disc wouldnt get damaged. Only did it a handful of times and the disc is a bit less stable so its getting there.

Anyone else tried the dishwasher? I saw a post on Marshall St. about the coating on the wizards being slippy and to run it through the dishwasher, seriously. When mine showed up, I threw it for a few rounds, got ticked off and tossed it in the dishwasher the neXt three times and I gotta say, it worked. It washed off that crazy film that was on it, bitta mud and a few rounds and its coming along better.

Field work's a great way to break in diiscs. In a round, you typically only get 20 drives unless you're on a monster, and maybe less approaches if the round's going well. If you take a stack of drivers out to a field, especially if you're lucky enough to have one with some trees or bushes at the margins, you can throw a round's worth of drives in ten minutes. Another plus is that you get to know each one as it's finding its sweet spot, so if you're keeping a rotation in the bag you'll know which ones make the combo you're looking for.

Also, hi, howya doin'.

so wait ive heard both sides. does a disc after it gets broken in get more overstable or more understable?

More under-stable since there's more friction between the new gouges and protrusions on the surface of the disc and the air it's traveling through. If you wish, you can perform light sanding on the disc to gain back some of the original flight characteristics.

over or under?

Thanks man, ive heard that they become more of both in this forum and i had no idea how to decide what to get from that. I havent been playing that long and At least now i have a foundation upon which to base my future purchases on.