• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

Just like Brodie's side of the story is incomplete, this sounds incomplete as well.

The PDGA was "working on it", yet Brodie was able to get it done ? Your previous post you lamented those that didn't get to take advantage of Brodie's generosity yet NOW your story is the PDGA was working on it and all Brodie did was make a spectacle of himself.

I didn't know who you were prior to the PP stuff. Didn't really take sides there.

You don't seem to be a person of significant integrity, character, nor professional restraint. JMO.

He's been known for belittling people online for quite some time now. He's been "working on it" but is still widely considered a jerk. He does provide some valuable insight at times, but his insider knowledge just contributes to his arrogance.

Just like Brodie's side of the story is incomplete, this sounds incomplete as well.

The PDGA was "working on it", yet Brodie was able to get it done ? Your previous post you lamented those that didn't get to take advantage of Brodie's generosity yet NOW your story is the PDGA was working on it and all Brodie did was make a spectacle of himself.

I didn't know who you were prior to the PP stuff. Didn't really take sides there.

You don't seem to be a person of significant integrity, character, nor professional restraint. JMO.

Wow....that is a lot of interwebz intuition. :\

He's been known for belittling people online for quite some time now. He's been "working on it" but is still widely considered a jerk. He does provide some valuable insight at times, but his insider knowledge just contributes to his arrogance.

More incredulous insight into the psyche of someone you only know on the internet. Any mirrors in that glass house of yours??

How about we stick to Brodie bashing, per the thread topic?? :thmbup:

While I'm not sticking up for Brodie's attention whoring...why didn't the PDGA have the foresight to rent the entire range?

Its more complex than just walking in an buying it. It simply can't be there for one day and then not another with pool play. Is it available every day? What times on those days? When does the water sprinklers turn on? What is the range's policy on closing in inclement weather? Who picks up all the golf balls that are now out there because people were hitting? When does that happen?

I'll be very clear, I am not in Utah. The fact that he turned down the offer was not heard from a staffer or PDGA employee, but someone in the know. I wouldn't say something for shock value.

But I know that these are the conversations about the issues and what would need to happen because I've been in those rooms. You can't make snap decisions and focus on the immediate positive result. That's what Brodie did. You have to think big picture.

The only thing worse than not having the facility available would be having available for half of the field and not the other half.

I don't like how he handled the situation, but I do respect that he took action. However, the actions he took after it happened were, in my opinion, a calculated PR stunt. The whiskey ad to me shows that.

Rude? Sure. Abrasive? Sure. Cocky? yup. I've heard all those things. And there is truth in them.

But no one who actually knows me or has dealt with me has every questioned my integrity or honesty.

Last edited:
But no one who actually knows me or has dealt with me has every questioned my integrity or honesty.
Carolina Hurricane fans, by default, should be considered lacking in integrity. No need to question what you already know isn't there.

Carolina Hurricane fans, by default, should be considered lacking in integrity. No need to question what you already know isn't there.

Now thats funny! lol

I mean, I get it. Columbus hasn't been past the second round in....well...ever. So I get the salt.

So while the pdga and course were working on an arrangement for the week, they sold the range to some other guy for the day?

JlawOK.gif

Its more complex than just walking in an buying it. It simply can't be there for one day and then not another with pool play. Is it available every day? What times on those days? When does the water sprinklers turn on? What is the range's policy on closing in inclement weather? Who picks up all the golf balls that are now out there because people were hitting? When does that happen?

I'll be very clear, I am not in Utah. The fact that he turned down the offer was not heard from a staffer or PDGA employee, but someone in the know. I wouldn't say something for shock value.

But I know that these are the conversations about the issues and what would need to happen because I've been in those rooms. You can't make snap decisions and focus on the immediate positive result. That's what Brodie did. You have to think big picture.

The only thing worse than not having the facility available would be having available for half of the field and not the other half.

I don't like how he handled the situation, but I do respect that he took action. However, the actions he took after it happened were, in my opinion, a calculated PR stunt. The whiskey ad to me shows that.

Rude? Sure. Abrasive? Sure. Cocky? yup. I've heard all those things. And there is truth in them.

I'll grant you he added on the PR stunt.

To think that upon seeing the clusterF going on you need to get a board room full of people to go over to clubhouse and say—we've got a problem, what can we do to fix it? Sounds like BS to me.

This had a simple solution, Brodie did it.

All you had to do was acknowledge that, say "thanks" and offer to compensate him.

Did Brodie need to be an attention whore? That's what he does. It's literally his livelihood. If he goes to far, he will lose following.

You/PDGA (Professional DGA) should be more restrained when it comes to these interactions. IMO. Everyone has a role to play. Athletes performances and personalities are what sports market.

I respect that most of the effort to put together any tournament is volunteer. Mistakes and errors happen and people busting their butt for free shouldn't be judged to harshly.

A different approach and we could all be Brodie bashing for attention whoring.

:rolleyes:

So are you, nanny nanny boo boo.

plus you seem to frequently cr@p on my posts with your opinions. Please stop.

My apologies. Didn't mean to come across so abrupt.

I don't fault them for the way the range was setup—it was a mistake. Just the way this drama is being addressed is to play tit for tat.

I expect social media influencers to be attention whores and the Professional DGA to attempt to be professional.

I am not sure i understand the Brody appeal/hate. He is obviously a personality and does bring eyes to the sport mostly for that reason. But he is not a good enough player to really hate. I don't find him personally that interesting, so I just ignore him. I guess if he were on lead card coverage i could see being annoyed by him, but it is not like he is. So why do so many concern themselves with someone who obviously annoys them? There are plenty of social media personalities that I have run across that I have no interest in ever seeing again and there is just not enough time in my day to be bothered to care.

Seriously, why do people love to hate Brody? I genuinely don't understand why he is worth caring about.

I am not sure i understand the Brody appeal/hate. He is obviously a personality and does bring eyes to the sport mostly for that reason. But he is not a good enough player to really hate. I don't find him personally that interesting, so I just ignore him. I guess if he were on lead card coverage i could see being annoyed by him, but it is not like he is. So why do so many concern themselves with someone who obviously annoys them? There are plenty of social media personalities that I have run across that I have no interest in ever seeing again and there is just not enough time in my day to be bothered to care.

Seriously, why do people love to hate Brody? I genuinely don't understand why he is worth caring about.

I think it is because he is new to disc golf and is so arrogant about it. He comes across as thinking that he is the greatest thing that happened to disc golf and everyone better agree with his ideas/opinions.

(and I've met him and tried to chat with him after a round).

Latest posts