• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

Brodie is really starting to get good, he played the WTO layout in his latest video "2 Brodie Smith's vs. Paul McBeth" and he did just fine.
Pauls round must have been insane. . . a -15 !!! 45 . .

Brodie is live streaming a round with Paul and others. Why haven't any other disc golf pros recorded practice rounds or livestreamed their rounds ever? Guy has been streaming for 5 minutes and he almost has 1k viewers. Pretty nuts.

Because practice is just that. Practice. There is focus involved.

Brodie is taking a different approach, of course.

But 90% of pros doing this for a living don't want to have to be entertaining when they are prepping for an event that is their job.

When is he actually going to play a tournament?

No more fun rounds, lets see what he really scores

I just happened to turn on that stream yesterday while he was answering some questions waiting for a group to play thru. Iirc, he said he had decided yet but was starting to look at some options.

If I had to guess, he will probably play some local Texas events on not too hard of courses to try and get that 900 rating established for Tour events later in the summer.

But 90% of pros doing this for a living don't want to have to be entertaining when they are prepping for an event that is their job.

I am looking at this from a financial standpoint as well. All these guys do is drive around and play disc golf. I have a hard time believing they can't find an hour a day or every other day to record something. That would lead to an increased fan base for them that would generate money from views and from an increase in product sold. I just can't believe none of them have tried. People are eating this up from Brodie and he isn't even half as talented (yet) as the game as the rest of these guys are.

I am looking at this from a financial standpoint as well. All these guys do is drive around and play disc golf. I have a hard time believing they can't find an hour a day or every other day to record something. That would lead to an increased fan base for them that would generate money from views and from an increase in product sold. I just can't believe none of them have tried. People are eating this up from Brodie and he isn't even half as talented (yet) as the game as the rest of these guys are.

Matt Dollar has.

But they could probably leverage their increased exposure into a better sponsorship deal, sell more signature discs etc. I would imagine that Nate Sexton is very happy with his choice to do commentary. He must have sold so many Firebirds because of the exposure he got!

Last edited:
Good interview. Talks about his possible rating, winning tournaments, etc. (It was recorded a few weeks ago btw.)

2 Brodie Smiths, 1 Paul McBeth (Too bad Paul's round wasn't covered....wow..)

"No more fun rounds, lets see what he really scores"

Probably better than most people only playing seriously for 2 months. lol..

There are plenty of practice round videos out there. Course previews, AJ solo at the Memorial, etc.

If they want more money, they'll want more exposure.

I would imagine they had played a few rounds. That's Paul original home course. They probably played a round or two before and he decided spur of the moment to join the league night.

His twitter says...

Well that sucked.

lol

But they could probably leverage their increased exposure into a better sponsorship deal, sell more signature discs etc. I would imagine that Nate Sexton is very happy with his choice to do commentary. He must have sold so many Firebirds because of the exposure he got!

To be fair though the Firebird is innovas most popular fairway driver right behind the tee bird. I don't think his sales would have differed too much