• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

Just when Brodie was building tons of interest, this Break from disc golf comes along.

He's still making vids...

Idk, it could be a good thing. He definitely still has a lot of form work to do. Especially when it comes to consistency on the longer FHs and BHs

Just when Brodie was building tons of interest, this Break from disc golf comes along.

True, but I bet his appeal will stay pretty high during the down time. No new tourneys to watch + he has a lot of disc golf content out there for his short time + I'm sure he will continue to make videos.

True, but I bet his appeal will stay pretty high during the down time. No new tourneys to watch + he has a lot of disc golf content out there for his short time + I'm sure he will continue to make videos.

The smart guys will be churning out content while people are in this captive audience state. He is going to 100% keep hammering.

I like Brodie, but I find the vids of just him playing or with his wife, about as entertaining as those CCDG vids with lesser known players. It's ok for a few minutes but then it gets a bit boring. I'm still going to check in from time to time, but it's going to be hard to beat some of that earlier content. I think he should do a mix of real game play and some trick shots on the course to spice up the video a bit. His tournament quest is extremely entertaining, too bad that's on hold.

I'm fine with solo Brodie rounds, as long as they're on quality courses. These little pitch-and-putt courses are stupid to watch anyone play.

You guys have a point there.

The throw that nobody else has?

It's been used many times. Most older golfers (like myself), use it to get out of woods or on through-the-trees approach shots. In Texas it's called a "pancake." But it is not "new" by any stretch. I think it was seen on camera and emphasized for the first time.

I think Brodie is good for the sport but the number of posts here are meaningless.

I must disagree. Over 1200 posts to a thread entitled "Brodie Smith PDGA#128378" is not meaningless. I would venture a guess that other than McBeth, Paige Pierce, Lizotte and Eagle, the name Brodie Smith is mentioned in these forums more than any other player. It looks like his Dark Horse 3 pack is selling very well at $55 plus tax. There is definitely a connection here.

It's been used many times. Most older golfers (like myself), use it to get out of woods or on through-the-trees approach shots. In Texas it's called a "pancake." But it is not "new" by any stretch. I think it was seen on camera and emphasized for the first time.

I threw (scoober, pancake, etc) it years ago playing various home made games with a frisbee. lol...

I must disagree. Over 1200 posts to a thread entitled "Brodie Smith PDGA#128378" is not meaningless.

There are threads on here about literally nothing with over 5k posts. My point was we're meaningless and don't take anything we talk about as a measure about anything.

Brodie is definitely putting disc golf in front of a new audience.

In my opinion the money Discraft is spending on him is worth more than what they're spending on McBeth.

Last edited:
I think Brodie is good for the sport but the number of posts here are meaningless.

Most of us are rapid serial posters with nothing to say and less to lose.

I challenge anyone to find human interest threads in these forums with this many posts. Not saying there aren't any, but I'd be curious to find out if my supposition is close to correct. Your point, while well-taken, ignores the fact that serial posters' typically short attention span causes them to move on to the next thing pretty quickly. My point is that here, they continue to return.

Latest posts