• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

I work in the medical system. It is way too late in the game for a quarantine to work.

Don't panic. Fear is the mind killer.

Fear also lowers your immune system.

This is irresponsible and misinformative. The only time a quarantine is too late is if the entire population is infected. I have already been informed that I will be leaving my IT job and going back into nursing. The hospital system I work for, instituted a policy that does not allow for me to opt out (save for medical reasons). Healthcare systems are at their breaking point now. Every 10 people we can prevent from access and using healthcare resources will save lives.

I am far from advocating panic. You can label the current reality what you will, but it is the reality and it will have to be dealt with. I don't think you can leave the general population to their own decisions, rule placing is needed, IMO.

We both agree that action was taken late in the game. We both agree that earlier action would have been appropriate and would have changed the numbers and outcome. It does not really matter though. To spew a phrase I hate, the curve still must be flattened. Healthcare is the reason. Implode the healthcare system and people are going to really panic.

My negativity comes from my expectations of an elite athlete, ofc starting with glaring flaws in his form and still having those after months of training. That is a casual player to me.

lmao because some normal dude can come out and average 975 right? Months of training? 73 days of playing golf when he shot the E in R2. Casual players would shoot low 800s on that course.

There are good players that have been playing for decades that have 'glaring flaws' in their technique. His technique off the tee is not great, yet still throws farther than 99.9% of people on this board.

More of that educational stuff...

I watched about half of it, I've heard Jerm's spiel a few times in person and on video, good stuff... what I was really hoping for was him working with Brodie on his form, actively training Brodie. I think we'd get more out of that. Watching the output-feedback approach helps others identify weaknesses in their own games. There's value in what Jerm did in that video, but there're enough videos of Jerm talking forehand.

Spice it up Brodie.

The Darkhorse 3 pack challenge is good stuff. Paul Ulibari's comments are a riot.

I don't know if it's just the Brodie factor, or perhaps with higher paid contracts some players are now overall more relaxed.. but it's extremely refreshing to see the pros in a way we really haven't seen. McBeth is now McSocial... who knew? It's obvious Brodie's "on camera" persona is an "every day" dude and I think this is working for him. He's brash enough to get attention, but not cocky enough to cringe, plus he brings enough skill to the game to warrant respect. Finally, the way he allowed Tanner to use his own discs and push them a bit in the video... I guarantee that earned Brodie some respect from both pros and fans. Let's rewind all the way back to when Brodie first started taking disc golf a bit more serious....what...3 months? lol.. crazy... :eek:

...It's obvious Brodie's "on camera" persona is an "every day" dude and I think this is working for him.

His DG videos are almost like a behind the scenes look at the real Brodie when he's not in "Full on Trick Shot" mode.

I can't take "Full on Trick Shot" Brodie, but every-day Brodie isn't bad at all.

I don't know if it's just the Brodie factor, or perhaps with higher paid contracts some players are now overall more relaxed.. but it's extremely refreshing to see the pros in a way we really haven't seen. McBeth is now McSocial... who knew? It's obvious Brodie's "on camera" persona is an "every day" dude and I think this is working for him. He's brash enough to get attention, but not cocky enough to cringe, plus he brings enough skill to the game to warrant respect. Finally, the way he allowed Tanner to use his own discs and push them a bit in the video... I guarantee that earned Brodie some respect from both pros and fans. Let's rewind all the way back to when Brodie first started taking disc golf a bit more serious....what...3 months? lol.. crazy... :eek:

Agree this was a great video. And something about the camaraderie and ball-busting they did in that round almost made me feel like I was out at the course myself. I really appreciated it, given what's going on right now.

Also, Uli is a god damn gem.

I love being around other competitive people. It always has a way of bringing out a special brand of trash talking, fun and pressure. Nice to see that personal fun side being shown, I think it makes it way more relatable and enjoyable.

Okay. Gotta admit.....I'm now fully a Brodie fan. That starter pack challenge was a super fun watch. And those darkhorse discs look sick, I won't buy any, but they look absolutely awesome. I might end up with one of those hoodies if I seen one though.....

Okay. Gotta admit.....I'm now fully a Brodie fan.

I'm with you. He is energetic, well spoken, seems to be having a great time, and the content he is putting out is just fun to watch. I am especially impressed with his videos with other pros. He seems to bring out a light-hearted side of them that isn't often seen.

And, I think he is going to be very good in a relatively short amount of time...

Brodie's first "golf" tournament. Interesting if you skim through his golf channel the overall strategy is (was?) just about identical to what he is doing with his disc golf channel. Except with the disc golf world he's obviously a much bigger fish in a much smaller pond. lol..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Yuoeh-yUlw

Latest posts