• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

as of 3/17

Jomez WACO
R1F9...143K individual views.
R1B9...102K
R2F9...127K
R2B9...110K

~
Paul McBeth Mentors Brodie Smith (Jomez)...133K

Brodie Smith DG not including DGPT coverage
BS plays McCord Park B9...82K
BS Plays McCord Park F9...91K
How to throw far with Drew...127K
2020 Mem Practice round...95K

Simon Lizotte Vlog
5 hole challenge...38K
WACO Practice with Eagle...44K
1 hour ace with Avery...39K
Casual Round with Avery...47K

Take this info for what ever its worth

i respect his achievements in ultimate. tho his following in youtube is overexaggerated 10 fold. noone of his discgolf videos has over 200k viewers. ultimate players are drawn to discgolf by them self and i think there is another audience that doesnt even know discgolf exist. we need exposure to those people.

200k subs, let alone 200k views on a video, is a pretty big deal. Getting 200k views routinely is unheard of in this sport. He's getting 100k plus routinely, and not even tournament videos (Jomez probably has the best watch numbers and are essentially only tournament coverage)

I get that it's cool to hate on him or gatekeep disc golf, so many people are doing it.

I just like seeing people excited about the sport, and want to see others do well. Apparently I'm in the minority though.

Last edited:
i respect his achievements in ultimate. tho his following in youtube is overexaggerated 10 fold. noone of his discgolf videos has over 200k viewers. ultimate players are drawn to discgolf by them self and i think there is another audience that doesnt even know discgolf exist. we need exposure to those people.

His following comes from years and years of youtube content. Many different audiences and fans of many different things.

CLEARLY not all of those will translate to disc golf, but it's maybe the largest influx of viewers disc golf has seen from one person in such a short amount of time. Brushing it off because there are supposedly better potential audiences for disc golf out there is daft.

200k subs, let alone 200k views on a video, is a pretty big deal. Getting 200k views routinely is unheard of in this sport. He's getting 100k plus routinely, and not even tournament videos (Jomez probably has the best watch numbers and are essentially only tournament coverage)

I get that it's cool to hate on him or gatekeep disc golf, so many people are doing it.

I just like seeing people excited about the sport, and want to see others do well. Apparently I'm in the minority though.

My negativity comes from my expectations of an elite athlete, ofc starting with glaring flaws in his form and still having those after months of training. That is a casual player to me.

McBeth would be an idiot to not want to do the videos. He's been hustling and building his personal brand for ages and suddenly has an opportunity to present it to potentially 2 million pairs of new eyeballs. Why would he pass that up?

Not to say that was the only motivation.

i thought it was obvious that i didn't mean the only reason he did the videos was because DC said so. i was just framing the situation for a hater, which should have been obvious from my post. those videos offer just as much exposure and opportunity for McBeth as they do for DC in general. tens of thousands of people new to the game seeing his name, his face, and his signature discs which are getting promoted in the videos.

obviously he wouldn't pass that up. but even if for some reason he really didn't like Brody and didn't want to do them, i think we'd still have those videos.

My negativity comes from my expectations of an elite athlete, ofc starting with glaring flaws in his form and still having those after months of training. That is a casual player to me.

Dude is casually slaying life and seems to be having a great time doing so. Do you want me to just send you an email when he's 1000+ and spare you the anguish of his struggles?

on a similar note, i've been thinking the last few days that this lockdown situation is a prime opportunity for pro players to create content, post tons of videos, and try to get some new social media followers.

if i were a touring pro i would be setting up doubles matches, 1 disc challenges, team challenges, etc with as many different players as possible. with all sports being cancelled, there are lots of eyes searching for something to stare at and the smart opportunist should be pumping out as much content as possible.

JVD said on the smashcast tonight that they got around 2000 subs after Brodie was announced. I'm sure some, if not even a lot of those weren't just for him. He said they were around 6500 total subs. That's a lot more than I was expecting for sure and the season was just getting started.

Young people are rearly getting sick. Maybe ban crowds, but there was no reason to stop the season.

Panic.

It does give Brodie time to hone his skills.

The ban was as much about the young, healthy players acting as carriers, as it is about protecting them from getting sick. Players would travel, stay in hotels, come in contact with tournament and video representatives. Those reps would interact with one another....

Anyone not understanding this premise needs to spend some time reading up on the entire pandemic. Sorry for being cryptic, but folks not taking a few minutes to understand the pandemic process, simply puts many folks at risk of death. Again, sorry for the melodrama, but this is the world we live in now. You can feel fine, spread the virus to hundreds... including many very high risk individuals, who don't have the immuno-ability to overcome the illness.

Just pretend you have the virus. Stay away from everyone. You don't have to panic, hoard, and stay inside. Just stay away from people. Assume that every person you come within six feet of, for the next 14 days, is catching the virus from you, and vice versa.

The ban was as much about the young, healthy players acting as carriers, as it is about protecting them from getting sick. Players would travel, stay in hotels, come in contact with tournament and video representatives. Those reps would interact with one another....

Anyone not understanding this premise needs to spend some time reading up on the entire pandemic. Sorry for being cryptic, but folks not taking a few minutes to understand the pandemic process, simply puts many folks at risk of death. Again, sorry for the melodrama, but this is the world we live in now. You can feel fine, spread the virus to hundreds... including many very high risk individuals, who don't have the immuno-ability to overcome the illness.

Just pretend you have the virus. Stay away from everyone. You don't have to panic, hoard, and stay inside. Just stay away from people. Assume that every person you come within six feet of, for the next 14 days, is catching the virus from you, and vice versa.

I work in the medical system. It is way too late in the game for a quarantine to work.

Don't panic. Fear is the mind killer.

Fear also lowers your immune system.

Latest posts