• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BroD's screwing with his bag again!

:hfive:Dont sleep on it for real! I want the OS relay asap. Slower tesla(pd)? OOOOK!

Last edited:
Dave, is your Polecat pre flight? I just added a max weight with #s and wondered if there was much difference. Floaty magicalness? Lol

Another random bag update

Max Distance:
167 Opto GLADIATOR - headwind fighter
173 Opto BALLISTA - Bomber
172 TP GIANT - "Throw-away"
168 VIP KING - Uphill D, turnovers, rollers, wind rider

Controlled Distance:
175 S-DD - Not long but PREDICTABLE straight to fade
174 C-PD - go-to FH and stable flights
172 Z HEAT - BH Line shaper, FH straight
173 Big Z HEAT - BH/FH turnovers

Fairway Drivers:
169 CH. EX - beefy, throw-away
168 Star EX - BH/FH line shaper
174 TP SEER - flippy as *$%#, rollers, FH turnovers/rollers
175 CH. EXP-X - OS, FH rollers, OH, etc.

Mid-ranges:
173 ESP NEBULA - fresh, straight to fade
174 ESP NEBULA - Straighter than any Buzzz could dream of being
176 OPTO FUSE - Essential US woods threader

P&A:
155 PLASMA ION - Spin putter
166 DX POLECAT - magical floaty stuff
175 N ENVY - Hard throwing putter, windy putts

I've added distance so the bag is getting driver heavy. I love the Ballista for all-out rips but would love to see if the Ballista Pro is as stable as advertised and could knock out the S-DD. DD, Ballista and King get most of my distance throws. The Gladiator (also rotate a Cutlass or Giant into this slot) just comes out for serious wind or needed skips. The TP Giant actually has a lot of turn but still fights back. Not useful until you run into that question mark shaped fairway. The PD and Heats are my go-to's for sidearm and a lot of line-shaping, stealing lots of shots from my FW drivers these days. I actually don't throw my Eagles much b/c most holes suggest mids for keeping on the fairway or are open enough to rip for distance. They come out on properly wooded, long courses. Seer and EXP-X are understable/overstable bookends.

My go-to Nebula has gotten so beaten up it hardly fades so I put in a fresh Nebula for better LSS. Envy is taking the Breaker spot of a slow, no turn putter I can blast on short wooded holes. Biggest change? A 155g Ion I'm using to learn how to spin putt. It's actually working out really well.

What's going on in here? Any bag changes for the season?

I didn't think my bag had changed a lot in 2 years but apparently it has. :\

Distance Drivers:
Opto Ballista Pro - OS enough to flex. BH
Neutron Excite - Super straight, easy bomber disc. BH
Opto Ballista - US tailwind bomber. BH

Control Drivers:
500 FX-2 - Really HSS and good for "Nikko lines." Not used much. BH/FH
C-PD - Very beat but still dependable straight-fade driver, mostly FH. 3 aces.
Opto-X Glimmer Saint - Similar to the PD but slightly more turn, one of the straightest discs I've ever had, mostly BH. 1 ace.
VIP Stag - Turnovers, BH and FH.

Fairway Drivers:
Champ Eagle-X - Straight-to-fade driver. BH/FH
Star Eagle-X - beat, turnovers, techie hyzer flips. BH/FH
TP Seer - rollers, tomahawks, crazy anhyzers. BH/FH
Quantum CG Draco - FH rollers, flex FH, spike hyzers, thumbers, wind. BH/FH

Midranges:
Neutron Runway - OS mid. Not used much, similar to FX-2. BH
ESP Malta - Moderately OS mid. Straight to fade, decent in wind. BH
Z Nebula - workhorse stable mid. Just holding the spot for when it's warm enough to bag the ESP Nebula again. BH/FH
Proline Rift - Stable-understable mid, also placemark for the ESP Nebula. BH/FH
Opto Fuse - Understable wonder mid. BH

Putters:
Keystone - Putting putter. Zero medium for cold days, retro for warm.
Opto-X glimmer Keystone - Throwing Keystone. Very neutral, good straight flying putter. BH mostly.
Cosmic Neutron Envy - Straight to fade throwing putter. Frequently used FH/BH.
400 A2 - Zone ripoff. Does Zone stuff. BH/FH.

So yeah that's 21 discs, not including the Polecat that jumps in depending on the course. This is way more discs than I like honestly but my FH makes it tricky to drop some because my FH speed isn't quite as good as my BH speed. So the control drivers are also by FH distance drivers. I'm trying to work on FHing the distance drivers but the wider rims are hard to get used to. I might actually drop the Eagles because I have enough accuracy with the PD, Saint, and Stag that they overlap a lot. The FX-2 and Runway can get dropped if it ever stops being abnormally windy here. I'm just clicking with a lot discs right now.

If anybody sees any other way to reduce overlap, let me know.

Are you buying any fancy new Nebulas?
iu

Distance Drivers:
Opto-X Ballista Pro - Very OS. BH
2x Neutron Excite - Super straight, easy bomber disc. BH
Opto Ballista - US tailwind bomber, rollers. BH

Control Drivers:
500 FX-2 - Really HSS and good for "Nikko lines." Might try to beat one in to fill the stable PD slot. BH/FH
S-PD - Fresh X-out that's goodly stable. Stealing BH lines from the C-PD.
C-PD - Very beat, very straight but mostly FH only b/c I know it like the back of my hand. 3 aces.
Opto-X Glimmer Saint - Similar to the PD but slightly more turn, one of the straightest discs I've ever had, mostly BH. 1 ace. Current favorite gap hitter on BH.
VIP Stag - Turnovers, BH and FH.

Fairway Drivers:
TP Seer - rollers, tomahawks, crazy anhyzers. BH/FH
Quantum CG Draco - FH rollers, flex FH, spike hyzers, thumbers, wind. BH/FH

Midranges:
ESP Malta - Moderately OS mid. Straight to fade, decent in wind. BH
Z Nebula - workhorse stable mid. BH/FH
ESP Nebula - Suns out, Nebs out! Stable-understable gap hitter. BH/FH
Opto Fuse - Understable wonder mid. BH

Putters:
Keystone - Putting putter. Zero medium for cold days, retro for warm.
Opto-X glimmer Keystone - Throwing Keystone. Very neutral, good straight flying putter. BH mostly.
Cosmic Neutron Envy - Straight to fade throwing putter. Frequently used FH/BH.
400 A2 - Zone ripoff. Does Zone stuff. BH/FH.
Got a few tourneys under the belt, been mildly happy with the results. Made the big switch and dropped the Eagles. Hate to say it but it's been an addition by subtraction. Now I'm thinking about condensing my FX-2, PD, Saint area. The FX-2 has been very dependable and rewarding me with park jobs so it's getting more and more use. Beloved C-PD is overlapping hard with the Saint so I might actually retire it at some point. New Excite bombs just as good as the og Excite but can take more power. The B-pro slot is going to get rotated probably between the Opto-X, regular Opto Ballista Pro, and a Neutron Thrill that has been decent for me lately, depending on wind levels. I throw the Envy a **** ton now, especially on FH turnovers in tight spots.
Is this DGCR's longest running ITB?
It wouldn't surprise me, ha ha. It's so weird to see what I used to throw back in the day.

Just seeing this thread, sorry if this has been asked, but: Why are you labeling discs as exclusively for FH or BH?

My thought process is: every disc in my bag can be used for forehand or backhand. Whether we are referring to my max weight Stiletto or my 150s Diamond Lite: each disc can serve a purpose to shape a shot.

I suppose I can see where you can consider one disc or another to be more frequently useful for FH or BH in particular, but I'd be careful not to peg a disc as being "for" one or the other, I wouldn't want to mentally block myself out of a disc that could fit a particular unexpected situational role.

Is this DGCR's longest running ITB?

The first post of BroD's bag thread beat mine by about 19 hours.

So maybe? But we both probably had older bag threads on DGR.

Just seeing this thread, sorry if this has been asked, but: Why are you labeling discs as exclusively for FH or BH?

My thought process is: every disc in my bag can be used for forehand or backhand. Whether we are referring to my max weight Stiletto or my 150s Diamond Lite: each disc can serve a purpose to shape a shot.

I suppose I can see where you can consider one disc or another to be more frequently useful for FH or BH in particular, but I'd be careful not to peg a disc as being "for" one or the other, I wouldn't want to mentally block myself out of a disc that could fit a particular unexpected situational role.
Good ask because I didn't really clarify why I was listing it. Basically I'm recording how I primarily throw that disc. I'm about 60/40 BH:FH in general and more like 50/50 on wooded courses. Unfortunately, varying arm speeds and grips don't make these discs interchangeable for my liking but I do try to not bag discs exclusively for one throw or the other if I can find a mold I like for both.
The first post of BroD's bag thread beat mine by about 19 hours.

So maybe? But we both probably had older bag threads on DGR.
I lurked on DGR a lot more than I posted so you probably have me beat on there. RIP, DGR.