• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Broken DGCR personal bag tag :(

WillACarpenter

* Ace Member *
So shortly after I got my DGCR personal Bag Tag I stepped on my bag after a poor follow through (okay, I had a bad follow through that left me reeling and as I was taking large steps in the opposite direction to maintain balance I stepped on my bag) and I snapped my bag tag.

But before my first tournament a few weeks ago, I glued the two halves together, and I glued a popsicle stick (literally, not a craft stick, this baby was half red) cut in half on the back to act as a brace....It held up for a couple dozen rounds...but now the popsicle stick, and the bottom half of my tag are now gone :(

Sadness ensues.

\/\/

That sounds like a really bad follow through with ramifications several weeks later. My west is usually landing in a puddle, mud or tweaking my ankle. Fell once that was just embarassing

not glue..... Eat another twin-pop and get some Gorilla 5 minute Epoxy down the broken edges and stick it back together. Use the stick for some added strength. it won't break again in the same spot.

Actually, it was elmers expoxy. I had regular gorilla glue, but I didn't have time to babysit and I didn't want it to expand and leave yellow foam on the front of my tag.

The problem is...I don't know where the tag is now.

\/\/

pardon my novice-ness, but how may one acquire such a bag tag?

On the home page of this website there is a link towards the top right to get one and other DGCR products. The link says click here to check out DGCR Minis, Decals &more.

Hope that helps

mine either got swiped or fell off a few months ago, and i've yet to convince tim to provide me a new one gratis ( :p ), so i feel your pain Will.

/CAN'T WAIT to see that tag on somebody's bag and confront them about it...

I looped the chain through the hanger and tag hole twice, both to get it up off the ground so I won't step on it and to have that tiny extra bit of security in case the chain unhooked. It's been fine so far (crossing fingers).

The only bad thing right now is that the tags are currently out of stock and they won't get more until late summer.

yeah mine fell off the first round i played with it. i would've double looped it but...it was too late:(

I looped the chain through the hanger and tag hole twice, both to get it up off the ground so I won't step on it and to have that tiny extra bit of security in case the chain unhooked. It's been fine so far (crossing fingers).

yeah mine fell off the first round i played with it. i would've double looped it but...it was too late:(

After trying out many methods of attaching it, I settled a heavy duty BLACK plastic zip tie (i.e. cable tie), left loose to create a loop.

If you do this, make sure it's a black one. Most White/Yellow cable ties are not rated for UV light protection and will dry-rot in sunlight.

If you do this, make sure it's a black one. Most White/Yellow cable ties are not rated for UV light protection and will dry-rot in sunlight.

I know it's weird for a chick to say, but.....I actually knew that :p

I know it's weird for a chick to say, but.....I actually knew that :p

I actually had to explain this to somebody when they got mad at me for buying the black type once...the black ones were going to cost a couple bucks more...but came with more in the package.

I easily made my point when I took them to the ties I was replacing and the white ones I took off my prying them slightly with a screw driver and watching them flake to pieces :)

\/\/

Damn so thats why the white ones I used on my basket keep breaking...thanks.

Most any of the "softer" or "glossier" ones are the ones meant for UV use. I've got a jumbo pack in my garage somewhere that has all kinds of colors segregated by size. Pretty neat. Found it at a harbor freight for like $4

\/\/

Latest posts