• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bubble mailers unnecessary?

The new flat rate priority envelopes from the post office are great if your shipping 2 or 3 discs. I think its $5.15 or $5.30 to ship anything you can stuff in it and the envelopes are free. They are bubble mailers. It usually costs me $5.80 to ship 2 discs on average and I have to buy the envelope. Now I just grab a stack of them while I'm in there and I'm good to go. They also have various sized boxes for free as well that ship priority. You don't make out sending one disc though so it has to go the old fashioned way.

I don't usually think they are necessary but this week I got a two disc envelope from someone on discaroo and the paper envelope had split down the seams and they were falling out. This person also sticks about ten regular stamps on it and just tosses it in the box. I prefer a little more care than that but bubble mailers are usually not needed.

right on. I wish i could just put the postage directly on the disc and mail it that way. LoL
In many cases, you can!

I've seen inflatable balls, small machine parts, and even coconuts sent through the mail system "naked". They just slap a meter strip on and its good to go.

I don't recommend it, but as far as I know, there's nothing prohibiting a disc going through the mail system in the same way.

I've seen inflatable balls, small machine parts, and even coconuts sent through the mail system "naked". They just slap a meter strip on and its good to go.

I'll be damned, I've never seen something mailed completely unpackaged.
You learn something new every day. ;)

Somebody mailed my bro's lost star wraith from florida back to tennessee with just a addy label.
He lost the disc at seven oaks in nashville; someone outside of tampa found it on a course near him and mailed it back...he chuckled when the guy who found it called him....he's never even been to florida!