• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Buckhorn Woes

Nope

It isn't marked with a skull and crossbones. I think he was over exaggerating.

The pond in question isn't next to a power plant, but the course is. There are a few holes(8 - 11) that play along Lake Jordan where you can see the power plant billowing smoke in the distance.

It is Harris Lake. Jordan Lake is the bigger one up the road. Nuclear plant lake water is fine. That pond is nasty in the summer. In winter you can go in and not die.

A disc usually isn't worth a confrontation and a possible fight. If you really wanted it you could have gone in. Sucks that there are douche bags in the world, but that ain't going to change. Carry some crappy plastic for holes that you might lose discs on. I wouldn't fight over most of my discs. And the ones I would aren't going near a pond. Just chalk it up to a learning experience. And let me know when you go to Buckhorn. We have disc retreival experts and tricks!

Skull and crossbones was an over zealous discription. Wish I coulda gone yesterday moose. Next time!!

It is Harris Lake. Jordan Lake is the bigger one up the road. Nuclear plant lake water is fine. That pond is nasty in the summer. In winter you can go in and not die.

A disc usually isn't worth a confrontation and a possible fight. If you really wanted it you could have gone in. Sucks that there are douche bags in the world, but that ain't going to change. Carry some crappy plastic for holes that you might lose discs on. I wouldn't fight over most of my discs. And the ones I would aren't going near a pond. Just chalk it up to a learning experience. And let me know when you go to Buckhorn. We have disc retreival experts and tricks!

You're right. It is harris lake. I don't know why I was thinking about Lake Jordan.

Every one is big and bad online and would've done this or that. Fact is you didn't put the effort in to get your disc when you had the chance and someone else did. You lose, they win. Next time go swimming.

Every one is big and bad online and would've done this or that. Fact is you didn't put the effort in to get your disc when you had the chance and someone else did. You lose, they win. Next time go swimming.

Ima take your car if you don't take the effort to lock it. it's not stealing if I call it first, right?

Normally, I would agree with this but when there are signs that say that it is illegal to go into that pond then I should have the right to be mad.

However the lake holes do not have a sign and I wouldn't have had too many issues if they had gone in and gotten one of my discs then. Just don't tell me that you did...

However the lake holes do not have a sign and I wouldn't have had too many issues if they had gone in and gotten one of my discs then. Just don't tell me that you did...

they do have signs out there now..."no swimming or wading" behind 8 basket and 15 basket

I'm not breaking the law risking a 250.00 fine for a 15.00 disc. But that does not validate your statement at all. You tookem didn't u? ;p

why dont you buy a goldenretriever? If you could see it and there was no tree limbs anywhere, i would bring a goldenretriever to that course incase your disc gets stick in water! =)

this is why you carry a sceptor from Whirld Sports. never have to hunt for sticks or go in.

buy one and save yourself a lot of time and money in the future.

Being a local that frequents this course often, I have always found everyone who plays to be very helpful in trying to retrieve discs in the pond or any other lake hits.

Like someone else said, there are going to be dbags at any course with water - or any course, regardless of water - but that is a byproduct of human nature and not a particular locale or course.

Btw, any disc retrieving device is going to be useless on 17 - except for blind stabs - it is an algae filled pond.

yeah we were playing back tees....i dont normally play the shorts unless its just me and the 10 yr old....you dont see many people get across from the tee...

thumber, aviar, aviar - take your 3! :)

I have attempted to cross it from the short pads about 10 times - made it over "maybe" 3 times - so somebody is hukkin' my crappy plastic.

thumber, aviar, aviar - take your 3! :)

I have attempted to cross it from the short pads about 10 times - made it over "maybe" 3 times - so somebody is hukkin' my crappy plastic.

yeah i figure just get out with a 3....i throw a soft aviar down to the waters edge...then another soft aviar across ....only thing is every once in awhile that small tree on the basket side will mess it up and roll it into the water or the small limbs it has will block it down into the water...

I had nice family of anglers pull my crappy T-rex out of the lake with their net from their pontoon boat once. Still had to go in the water though b/c junior chucked it 5' short of the shore. :\

So, nothing but good stories of disc retrieval from there for me.

True, I have lost a couple this way as well. I haven't played the course in about a month, but I am thinking thumbers all the way might alleviate this issue.

If it wasn't for the ceiling, I would go for it all the time. Too many times I hit that ceiling and the disc stalls out right before getting over.

A friend had a similar thing happen at our home course. He threw into the creek and instead of getting the disc right then and there he wanted to finish the round and come back for it, of course when we came back through it was gone. We then set out walking the course and found a guy throwing his disc. He walked up and snatched it right out of the guys hand and then laid into the guy for not calling his number.

I've never gotten a call from the pond

I did 2 17 though, went challenger buzzz and it stuck from across the pond

I've been known to take discs back that are mine. Return it ill give you a new disc no problem. If you find my disc and dont return it.. ill take it from you. Plain and Simple. Its Common Courtesy.

Latest posts