• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz OS

Seems to be quite a bit of variance across the board on these. I'll chalk that up to first runs as well as different power levels. Too bad I won't be able to throw my two from Prime until Friday at the earliest. God knows when my one from Infinite will arrive.

Throwing them the other day the first thought I had was these take some power to fly best. So I am betting alot of the responses will vary due to that.

found out the local shop got them in the day after i ordered from prime. looks like ill be asking everyone i see on the course if they picked one up so i can throw it. i debated on buying one in the store cuz i really wanna throw one but im holding off.

haha

Sadly, I don't think I'll ever be able to pre-order a Discraft disc from Infinite Discs again. It's nothing against ID, but I think DC just has it in for them. First there was the pre-order fiasco with the Am Worlds Buzzz's where ID got them weeks after everyone else. ID assured us that they had gotten their order in early, but DC had not sent the discs out in the same order in which the vendors ordered them. However, supposedly DC told ID they would not do it again, and next time the discs would be sent out first come first served. Now the same thing is happening all over again with the Buzzz OS. I think it's because ID tends to make big orders and DC seems to always fill the big orders last. It's stupid, but it doesn't change the fact that pre-ordering a DC product from ID has been an exercise in frustration lately.

Sadly, I don't think I'll ever be able to pre-order a Discraft disc from Infinite Discs again. It's nothing against ID, but I think DC just has it in for them. First there was the pre-order fiasco with the Am Worlds Buzzz's where ID got them weeks after everyone else. ID assured us that they had gotten their order in early, but DC had not sent the discs out in the same order in which the vendors ordered them. However, supposedly DC told ID they would not do it again, and next time the discs would be sent out first come first served. Now the same thing is happening all over again with the Buzzz OS. I think it's because ID tends to make big orders and DC seems to always fill the big orders last. It's stupid, but it doesn't change the fact that pre-ordering a DC product from ID has been an exercise in frustration lately.

ok then dont ...

Hugheshilton I hear ya
Pretty ridiculous that a small surf and skate shop in my hometown has Buzzz OS' and Infinite doesnt.

Throwing them the other day the first thought I had was these take some power to fly best. So I am betting alot of the responses will vary due to that.

exactly. but whats nice about it is that even at higher power they still remain OS. Its why i think Drone SS is a more fitting name. if you notice people are liking it for sidearm, which is easier to generate power with.

Can you really blame Discraft though? ID sells Discraft cheaper than anyone on the interwebs and WELL below msrp. If I was the guy making the call at DC I would be filling orders to the vendors that are at least trying to stick to DC terms and guidlines for selling are. They could probably fill 50 orders for small vendors instead of one HUGE order that just floods the market with cheap discs.

Can you really blame Discraft though? ID sells Discraft cheaper than anyone on the interwebs and WELL below msrp. If I was the guy making the call at DC I would be filling orders to the vendors that are at least trying to stick to DC terms and guidlines for selling are. They could probably fill 50 orders for small vendors instead of one HUGE order that just floods the market with cheap discs.

ID $12.99
Prime $12.69
MSDGS $13.99
DGC was like $13-14 as well.

which one of these companies doesnt have their order?....so ya sounds like your theory is bunk.

additionally why wouldnt they want the market flooded? discraft makes the same amount regardless of which vendor it goes to (well for the most part...i have not seen discrafts vendor price sheet in a few years).

2 arrived in the mail today, have not thrown them, both have puddle tops/concave flight plates.

Kind of reminds me of my Am Worlds Verdict (Truth stamped), but beefier.

In my experience, puddle tops do not propagate/glide as far before fading hard, kind of like the concave 11x Firebirds, so these will be (over)stable monkeys, probably more stable than my Wasps.

Also including a picture of Am Worlds Verdict/Z Wasp/1st Run Z Drone/1st Run Buzzz OS.

Based on visual inspection and holding the discs, I am guessing the Buzzz OS will be between the Wasp and Drone.

Was hoping for a flat flight plate, not concave, but in the world of molding soft plastics, flat usually means sort of flat or sometimes flat......

Leave it outside in the sun on the concrete upside down for a day. We did this and they all went back to flat. Being in Texas right now helps I would imagine though O_O

I replaced my Wasp with a Drone a while back, but picked up a Buzzz OS the other day. Perfectly flat top, 175g. So long, Drone.

Yeah I really don't see what your point is. Discraft sells the discs to vendors wholesale and gets paid the same amount regardless of what the vendor sells to consumers for. As has been pointed out, tons of other vendors don't sell at MSRP and aren't being passive-aggressively punished for it. I don't think Discraft has contract terms requiring vendors to sell at a certain price; it's called "manufacturer's suggested retail price" for a reason.

Yeah I really don't see what your point is. Discraft sells the discs to vendors wholesale and gets paid the same amount regardless of what the vendor sells to consumers for. As has been pointed out, tons of other vendors don't sell at MSRP and aren't being passive-aggressively punished for it. I don't think Discraft has contract terms requiring vendors to sell at a certain price; it's called "manufacturer's suggested retail price" for a reason.

As a business they have more to be concerned about than just selling the largest volume of frisbees. They have an image to uphold which means they have to be concerned about branding and how the value of their product is being represented. Innova reserves the rights discontinue selling to a retailer if they sell for to low, DD has a policy with their bags that is the same. Plus like I stated earlier it probably makes more sense to fill up all the little racks of brick and mortar stores at the cost of some larger online retailers orders. And no, all the largest retailers are getting their discs cheaper than the smaller stores.

I just got mine. Orange with purple stamp. Flat. Can't wait to throw it.

Well... I've waiting for my Buzzz OS to arrive from Infinite Discs. Today I found a local guy selling some. Couldn't help myself from purchasing one from him. I have to say...Wow!

It may not be the most overstable mid, but it definitely shows flight characteristics that could easily replace a few molds like the wasp and drone. For me, it flies just like a Buzzz, but at the end of its flight it sports a heavy, yet progressive fade. Great for hyzer lines and flex shots!

I think DC hit it out of the park with this one.

Anyone else pre order one of these from GGGT? I ordered mine over two weeks ago and my order status is still processing.

I ordered a limited edition Z Banger GT from them a couple of weeks ago. I purchased the disc from their site and the next day they called me and told me that it wasn't actually in stock. The rep left a message on my phone asking if I would like a limited edition Buzzz GT instead. I asked for an immediate refund. No, I don't want some other disc....I want the disc that you advertised on your site as being available! I will not visit their site again. Awful. It's a better business strategy to have a live inventory going on your site GGGT!

I ordered a limited edition Z Banger GT from them a couple of weeks ago. I purchased the disc from their site and the next day they called me and told me that it wasn't actually in stock. The rep left a message on my phone asking if I would like a limited edition Buzzz GT instead. I asked for an immediate refund. No, I don't want some other disc....I want the disc that you advertised on your site as being available! I will not visit their site again. Awful. It's a better business strategy to have a live inventory going on your site GGGT!

ive had nothing but bad experiences with gggt. they did the same **** to me when i ordered stuff from their site. they contacted me and said oh no we had the price wrong sorry its not that low...screw that you advertised it at that price. honor it.