• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] buzzz stability in different plastics?

i carry 3 buzzes....

- cryztal z that is 176 and is meaty. I took my esp wasp out of the bag unless it is super windy and use this now.

- elite z that is my bread and butter. Nicely seasoned. I can work lines with it or put a slight hyzer on it on a wide open shot and it will bomb.

- esp - it still has a nice low end fad that i really like b/c it pulls it out of the anny so that it floats in flat. I throw this one on standstills and left to right shots that need some distance or when i don't have a run up.

I don't think people realize how all over the places Buzzes can be. My most overstable Buzzes was 176 FLX. The FLX was by far the most OS Buzz I've thrown. It would fight hard out of an anhyzer even with 350' of power. All three 178 FLX Buzzes I threw started out a bit OS, but broke in kind of weird. They'd fly great for most shots but on high distance throws they didn't seem to keep their HSS as they broke in the way Z did.

All the Glo Z Buzzes I've thrown have been neutral. I've thrown 170, 175, 176 and 178 and not a single one was OS for a Buzz.

Threw a few mid 170's ESP's and they seemed pretty consistent, all starting out a tiny bit OS from neutral but breaking in nicely.

D and X start out more understable, they have less fade at the end of the flight. I think maybe because the Buzz was meant for premium plastics, the baseline versions come out a little less stable.

I've tossed brand new X Buzzzes almost 400' on flex lines, they don't start out understable...

How many times do we have to do this thread???

BUZZ GUIDE

Disc Devil

i get that i guess i wanted to know how it can compare with other discs without having to buy one. from my experience ive throw z buzzz. elite x. and a buzzz ss. all vary but not super significantly i see alot of people using buzzz as their "one mold quiver" but from what ive read and researched it just doesnt seem like the buzzz would cover as many slots.

A buzzz in different stages of wear can do almost anything. The only thing that it might not do is super OS shots but other than that everything is possible with a Buzzz....

I've tossed brand new X Buzzzes almost 400' on flex lines, they don't start out understable...

I threw more D's than X's so I could be wrong about that. I remember the D's I tried needed to be hyzer flipped for a straight shot at 320', and they generally didn't fade back at all, just kept going straight. Useful at times but it's not what I wanted out of a Buzz. I tried a few lightly used X's and they flew about the same as the new D's but I don't think I ever had a brand new X now that I think about it.

Well, the good news is that since you are using a 170, i think either a z or glow near 178 will work for what youre looking for.

The bad news, as im sure you can tell, is that opionions always seem to be mixed on the buzzez stability throughout plastics.
The tactic i use here to filter disc opionions is to figure out who owns alot of plastic, and whos good at throwing it.
No offense to anyone, but i dont put much stock into those that only own or thrown a few- and sometimes dont even notice the weight, especially with neutral flying molds (as i find them more weight sensitive).

Personally, ive found glo to be shorter but the most versitile and z to be most overstable (but it has to feel beefier in the hand). However, as i said before, i think a 178 in either will do for you.

I threw more D's than X's so I could be wrong about that. I remember the D's I tried needed to be hyzer flipped for a straight shot at 320', and they generally didn't fade back at all, just kept going straight. Useful at times but it's not what I wanted out of a Buzz. I tried a few lightly used X's and they flew about the same as the new D's but I don't think I ever had a brand new X now that I think about it.

Well it seems we are the opposite, the only D Buzzz I've thrown well worn lol :p

if you like buzzzes, give it a try sometime. They are cheap, and have better glide than any other buzzz. I don't even throw z/esp/flx/cryz/ anymore, it's all X buzzzes with rocs/md2 as a more OS mid.

So I'm contemplating buying a couple pro d buzzes and trying to find some info on If they can cover controlled long turnovers when beat. Having a hard time finding info on it, so far this thread has been the most informative but my mind is not made up yet. Anybody?

So I'm contemplating buying a couple pro d buzzes and trying to find some info on If they can cover controlled long turnovers when beat. Having a hard time finding info on it, so far this thread has been the most informative but my mind is not made up yet. Anybody?

I would say elite X it a lighter weigh is better for that shot. I don't throw D's very much because I think the plastic sucks but it may be what you are looking for.

I like Elite X in 166g for this shot. It does take a bit of time to beat it in but throw some rollers in a field with it and it should be good to go.

The Pro D Buzzzes I've thrown have been of the concave puddle-top variety and they have sucked. Poor glide and very understable right out of the box. Not good for holding long slow turns at all. I'd suggest steering clear of these. Flat or slightly domey D Buzzzes might be better, but X Buzzzes are also decent for this slot.

The Pro D Buzzzes I've thrown have been of the concave puddle-top variety and they have sucked. Poor glide and very understable right out of the box. Not good for holding long slow turns at all. I'd suggest steering clear of these. Flat or slightly domey D Buzzzes might be better, but X Buzzzes are also decent for this slot.

Stop wasting money on craptastic Buzzzes. You could have used that money to buy a first run Buzz that you would put under your pillow at night. But, instead you go out an buy D plastic Buzzes that no one wants, including you. Secondly, for that long turnover shot you should have a Comet or Meteor in the bag.

That is all........

Stop wasting money on craptastic Buzzzes. You could have used that money to buy a first run Buzz that you would put under your pillow at night. But, instead you go out an buy D plastic Buzzes that no one wants, including you. Secondly, for that long turnover shot you should have a Comet or Meteor in the bag.

That is all........

I have that long Anny in the fuse but I like the idea of eliminating amother mold out of my bag. That is all