• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Buzzzzzzzzzz poll

What is most important to you in a Buzzz?

• That it is straight

Votes: 81 45.5%
  • That it is flat

Votes: 37 20.8%
  • That I can easily get it in Z or ESP plastic

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • That it does what you tell it to do.

Votes: 96 53.9%
  • That it is not a Roc

Votes: 24 13.5%

• Total voters
people who generally like the buzzz are finesse and touch players who like the does what you tell it to mentality. people who like the Roc seem to be more of the power and flex style player. they like to force the disc into their lines. at least thats where my current theory lies.

I completely disagree with those statements. To me, the buzzz likes power and needs to be thrown low. A seasoned roc needs to be thrown high to achieve the same distance. Roc throwers like to have a really beat one in their bag so they can use it on short touch shots. Buzzz throwers either have another mid mold in the bag for those touch shots or use a putter.

Edit: I like the buzzz for that reason. It can handle power and the premium plastic doesn't change quickly. Even when they do beat in, they still like the low/power lines and perform beautifully. I carry a wasp, new max weight buzzz, beat max weight buzzz, and beat light weight buzzz to perform any mid range shot.

Last edited:
they didnt come out with the buzzz ss just to replace the only buzzz the pros carry. they came out with it because McCabe uses buzzz's alot and wanted to have a insta-beat in buzzz out of the box. plus isnt the buzzz ss an old mold? (cant remember if its a revived mold or a mod of a OOP mold)

so no pro has a non beat buzzz in their bag? you say it like only the dumbs ones chose the buzzz.

that makes no sense. basically what you are saying is that you cant become top level until you put the buzzz aside. so only roc throwers can be top level?

personal opinion is not fact. just cause you dont think that a buzzz can get you to the top doesnt mean the disc isnt capable of it. every disc has its strengths and weaknesses. its all about matching the disc to the players individual game. any and every legal disc is in play.
and heres one for you. why are so many of innovas top pros throwing the MD2, a very buzzzish flight, more and more?

Perhaps I'm just not communicating effectively. I was merely saying the buzzz works well for so many players right from the very start, and that as one's game develops, it's more likely to stay in your bag than most discs. Over the years, many players try several putters and drivers of the years, trying to find something that feels right to them and perfoms exactly as they want it to, with lots of discs working their way into, and eventually, out of their bags. But you just don't see many people going away from their buzzz because they found something they like better. Sure, some switch, but most people who start throwing a buzzz stick with it.

Nor did I mean to imply a pro wouldn't use a buzzz that wasn't beat in. But many players really do like the feel of a broken in buzzzz, hence they released the SS. I'm not positive, but I don't recall a buzz SS out just a few ears ago. Discraft's site currently plugs the "New E. Mac Buzzz SS." I doubt they'd call it new if it was an some old mold , but now sporting Mac's autograph, but I've been wrong before.

And ultimately, it always comes down to personal preference and what disc is best suited to one's particular throwing style and game in general.

The buzzz ss was released as a glow cfr for one tournament (don't remember which one)

Hated it when I first started, but I didn't give up on it, and if you're form is good, its an incredible mid.

the buzz is my new favorite disc - been playing with it for a couple months now

Last edited:
Don't pay him any mind, surge just has too girly of an arm to throw the buzzz, so he throws rocs.

Haha, not as often as I'd like with the wind, but I broke it out on every chance I had.

My z buzzz won me $100 in the throw off ;)

Also, my buzzz did go ob on hole 19s long position, cause it flies so damned straight ;)

I like it because it does what I tell it too, but also because it's distance is similar to that of a slow fairway driver, so it really helps me reduce molds in my bag. It is useful at such a wide variety of hole lengths from 280 to 350 the buzzz can be trusted in the hands of someone who knows how to throw it properly. Look at Cale Leiviska for example, he makes the buzzz look more versatile than the roc and that's because he has worked with it for so long. The buzzz has so much untouched potential.

When I threw buzzzes I loved the range of shots it had and the fact it was a good straight disc.

But I went to the roc because it has more glide and a worn roc does anything a stock buzzz can and that works for me.

i like it b/c its straight, and does what i want...and all n all just feels better in my hand than a roc does