• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Calling the 1 Mold Mid Throwers

Roc thrower here, but if you're looking for a single mid to handle a ton of shots I would look no further than a Z Buzzz.

What is a "roc"? ;)

I was rocking just the EMAC Truth, actually. Bagging a Zone also. I feel the ETruth does so much and has the reliable fade.

I do like wooded courses though, so I will add a comet for the US slot occasionally. ETruth is very versatile though! Could just beat one to the US slot! Do it!

Cro

R-pro - very straight out of the box, beats in nice for long anhys
Star - develops a nice turn and dependable fade back - my go to for most approaches, doesn't like to skip hard.
Champ - OS/wind fighter

Z buzzz... swap out a Z Wasp for really windy days. Would also say the Buzzz for one disc rounds as well.

I'm heading that way. Currently only bag 2 Roc's and a Comet, but one of my Roc's is beat in enough now that it pretty much overlaps the Comet. Let the cycle begin!

Ghosts. I have a beat gravity, a newish protege, and a pretty fresh pinnacle in the bag. I kind of have a fear about breaking my most beat in ghost so I carry a gauge also. I broke my most beat up roc years ago and I started carrying a comet at that point. The gauge is kind of a safety blanket in that sense. The ghost is my choice for 95% of my midrange shots.

this.. exactly this! But i did the roc cycle for YEARS and is a ton of fun! I didnt skip a beat going from Ghosts to Rocs and both are beyond capable i just prefer the Legacy baseline type plastics vs Innova

I used to bag a pair of Buzzzes, one beat and one fresh. A Truth has taken the place of the fresh Buzzz; the Truth seems a little longer. But if the pond swallows my Truth I could easily go back to my old setup.

I am headed that way with Comets. I mean I currently have a Ghost but I am probably going to drop that. And the Wings feels like a mid range and is labeled mid-range but it is definitely more putter speed (certainly slower then a Harp). It is a tweener.

this.. exactly this! But i did the roc cycle for YEARS and is a ton of fun! I didnt skip a beat going from Ghosts to Rocs and both are beyond capable i just prefer the Legacy baseline type plastics vs Innova

Agreed, loving my Protege and Gravity Ghosts for cycling. I still have a Comet in the bag until I beat in a Ghost enough to take it's place. It is taking much longer than I thought.

I've been a one mold mid thrower for a while... M4 has been my choice

HOWEVER! I have recently discovered that a big part of my discomfort with mids is their large diameter

So I've been playing with my star Cro for a while now (small diamer mid) and I only use the M4 for extreme control in the woods.. Cro for everything else. and my DX colts and Studs get a little use for some midrange approaches

Hope this helps..

If I had to pick one mid I would go Emac Truth as well.

I use a claymore for powered down Truth shots when I could throw a Truth flatter. (old) Verdict for really windy Truth shots. Tursas for stupid disc golf tricks and "OMG my swing is almost completely obstructed and this still needs to go 250' " shots. I have a Justice for go 250' and fall out of the sky no matter what shots (not much use).

But if I had to pick one it would be the Emac (or my fr fluid truths)

LOL it's funny I took my roc out cuz it was just to easy, it just covers so many shots and I didn't touch my other discs much. I don't play tourneys and just play to workout so I like a challenge of weird flying/hard to throw (for me anyways) discs. Now I'm trying to beat in a truth (came more overstable then it seemed it should be) and I play with a meteor for my under stable. With those and putters I'm set.

I was going thru a learning phase and was bringing all mids and putters and now I've tailored what I need and am trying to carry less discs.

Last edited:
Agreed, loving my Protege and Gravity Ghosts for cycling. I still have a Comet in the bag until I beat in a Ghost enough to take it's place. It is taking much longer than I thought.

yeah im with you there bro! I carry a seasoned Excel for those shots. I have a nice stack of Excel at home that i use for yard practice so i can beat them in before hand.. i cant wait until i get a beat up protege but ill be damned if it doesnt want to get flippy .. been in the bag for a good minute know and its still my stable workhorse

I used to cycle Rocs but throw Aftershocks now.

The Aftershock is like a mix between the Buzz and Roc. The stability seems to be in between those as well.

Latest posts