• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Calling the 1 Mold Mid Throwers

Spike Hyzer

Birdie Member
I currently throw a verdict, emac truth, and M4. I have a justice I sometimes add to the mix. I am thinking of just going with the Emac Truth and my Harp to reduce overlap and up my disc confidence. How many one mold mid throwers are out there? What mold do you throw?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I only carry the Bard and Justice and don't really consider the Justice a real mid.

As long as you have a disc that won't flip easily but that you can manipulate that should be okay.

I cycle Rocs. I'm sure I won't be the last person to say that. I just stick to Ranchos. I bag a USDGC Champion Roc & 3 KC Pro Rocs. My KC Rocs go from stable to flippy & my Champ is overstable. I like carrying only one mold for my mids. It's easy to get a bunch of backups & I like that they all feel the same in my hand.

Ghosts. I have a beat gravity, a newish protege, and a pretty fresh pinnacle in the bag. I kind of have a fear about breaking my most beat in ghost so I carry a gauge also. I broke my most beat up roc years ago and I started carrying a comet at that point. The gauge is kind of a safety blanket in that sense. The ghost is my choice for 95% of my midrange shots.

I also have a harp but it's a utility putter even though it's a 4 speed. Not close to what I'd consider a midrange driver.

i've been the one mid person. i'm not really right now.

i'd do rocs or ghosts like i did before.

if you mean "only one disc, period" then i'd have to say i've also done that. i basically do it right now. i'd throw a z comet. the wasp comes out less than once per round, i'd say.

When I bag an Ion I could probably get away with just one mid, something floaty and neutral like a Theory, Comet, Fuse, etc. The Ion (or similar) is so sneaky long for a putter and such a great gap hitter that it can eat up a lot of mid shots. If you prefer your beefy utility disc to be a driver you can really minimize your need for a traditional midrange.

Rocs. I carry an 06 Rancho, an 08 Sanny, and a Star Mako. I could easily sub out the Mako for my old DX bar stamp Rancho.

My biggest fear of cycling is losing the really beat in, super groovy version. Those don't just grow on trees.

Rocs. I don't need anything more stable then a USDGC champ in my mids, that what a whippet is for.

Rocs. Champ USDGC / Glow DX flat top for OS (glow if any chance to lose the USDGC), KC straight with late fade, beat KC straight/turnover/roller. Love the way they feel, fly, and the incredible variety available.

Was just Truths, now it's just the Compass for me. Working on getting one broken in to fill a more understable slot, but I've never really thrown flippy mids. I'll put a Justice in the bag for utility as well if the wind is blowing too hard for my Harps.