• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Calling the 1 Mold Mid Throwers

Hmm...I have a Proline and SP Aftershock heading my way for some testing. Very excited to try them out.

Star Mako. My form is too terrible to get Rocs to finish straight. I used to carry a Buzzzzzzzzz but I didn't use it enough to be worth it.

Just curious how many rounds people are playing until they notice a flight change in their Rocs and what plastic they are using?

I was a one 1 mold mid thrower for a while, literally only having one Truth in the bag to cover all of my midrange shots. However with the recent introduction of the EMac Truth in my bag, I've also been bagging a Warrant as an understable compliment. At this point those are the only 2 mids I carry. Otherwise I'm powering up on a putter, or powering down on a fairway.

You could definitely do the single mid thing with a Truth and a Harp, but would probably suggest going with a regular Truth for when you absolutely need something that you can force to turn over and not have it come back as hard as the EMac.

Just curious how many rounds people are playing until they notice a flight change in their Rocs and what plastic they are using?

Really depends on the roc. DX's will beat up pretty fast, especially if you are hitting trees. KC's really take a long time to season into a sweet spot. With KC's it generally takes me about a year to get it all the way to trusty turn over status.

I was a single mid user for decades, throwing Sharks. Would get a new one and beat it up before throwing so I could make it dance in play.

Are KCs kinda like star? I've seen pics but never held one and they remind me of star if I remember correctly.

Are KCs kinda like star? I've seen pics but never held one and they remind me of star if I remember correctly.

Not really. More like a much stiffer and more durable DX. Doesn't Really compare to any premium plastic

I carry 4 Ghosts. Beat excel, worn protege, newer gravity and purple legend of when it must do n ish hard right.

I have some more gravity ghost that will start to cycle in.

We are very similar, you and me.
I bag an M4, a compass a verdict and a justice. I also have a harp. I see no problem in having multiple midranges but if going down to just one the compass would fit the bill. Straight as an arrow and can hold any line.

I used to cycle Rocs but throw Aftershocks now.

The Aftershock is like a mix between the Buzz and Roc. The stability seems to be in between those as well.

Aftershocks. Just like Rocs but better.

^These guys know what's up. Last year's mold minimalist mindset had me believing Squalls could cover my mid shots. Since bagging the Aftershock again, it has quickly become my workhorse, and I rarely reach for a Squall.

Pinnacle gauges really can pull off any shot imho, I'm not as much of a one mid guy as I used to be but those discs can flex, go on a line straight and fade straight, hold a hyzer, and hold an anhyzer. Big time versatility

My set up is a little different but similar to yours. I carry Zones and Fugitives in different stages of wear. For a while I was carrying a Wasp to complement my Fugitives both I noticed that I would reach for my beat in Pro D Zone for that shot. Eventually I went almost half a summer without ever throwing the Wasp.

180g rancho rocs:

1 usdgc champ (OS)
2-3 KC Pro Rocs (from flippy to OS).

It took me a year and a half to find a mid but then settled on trying to cycle some rancho rocs and wow they have been great. I'll admit sometimes I don't throw the rocs once in a whole round (because of the course/situations) but there are just perfect roc shots out there and before you know it I'm using rocs off the majority of the tees/upshots.

I still bag a champ gator and champ firebird for utility shots though. I tried living without the gator/firebird but damn sometimes you really need a firebird to get around some trees and flare skip up, or a gator to do a flex shout around trees. Or you're in the wide open and 150-300ft out and its windy and spiking a gator or firebird into the green is the easiest option.

Latest posts