• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Can't figure out the last spot in my bag....driving putter

Soooo many options. Obviously (as evidenced by my sig) I prefer the Envy. But Big Bead Aviars (KC, JK, yeti, etc.) Work also.

Ions, Chiefs, Zone, Harp...If you're looking for an OS driving putter, the world is your oyster.

I like to drive with the following two putters:

1) DD Judge - Fuzion Plastic - I can put this disc on any line I want.
2) Vibram Summit - I like to hyzer flip this disc.

Rhyno Flat or super baby dome
Zone
Jokeri
Wizard
KC Aviar
Clozer
Warden
PA1
PA2
Challenger
Tank
Classic Roc

All of the above are dependable and arent overly beefy. Rhyno and Zone may seem like it at first but once you get the throw down with them they are very straight and dependable.

Sinus is probably too beef cake. at least from my experience. nice for heavy winds but otherwise its meh.

Breaker is my hands down call here. They're very similar to a rhyno but always flat. They come in bullet proof sparkle (champion) plastic, shallow grip & incredibly reliable. Also I've never met another player who throws them on my local courses so it has that novelty as well.

That said, there see a million good options out there now. Envy would be my choice if I didn't love my breakers.

I've driven my Classic Aviar and my Nova at least 250' into wind with only a little turn. It's doable, but something meatier would be more forgiving.

I use an Evo Wizard for most of my headwind upshots, and it's steady as can be.

I've been going between the opto pure, envy, and ion all summer.

The opto definitely has the most distance for me.

Envy does an amazing job holding lines. I was initially off put by its tendency to hold a hyzer so strongly but I'm used to it now.

My ions are so beat at this point that I'm not sure I can even give a good opinion.

I'm pretty sure the envy will be my driving putter for now and ions just for short upshots and putting. I may end up just keeping the pure though as I don't have any midranges in the bag for some idiotic reason.

Two things you can do; video your form from the side to look for flaws, and get a stable to overatable putter with no bead; the Warlock and Gui are my favorite for driving putters.

Thanks for the responses. I decided (along with checking my form/function) to order 2 discs and see where that leads me. I ordered a Breaker since I have wanted to try DGA for awhile and to have a Beaded selection. Also ordered a P2 to go with the familiar feel of the McPro's.

Thanks again!

Another plus to the Breaker is that you can get a Ringer in Pro-D and cycle them more quickly. They're the same mold, from what I can tell.

All of the above are dependable and arent overly beefy. Zone may seem like it at first but once you get the throw down with them they are very straight and dependable.

Sinus is probably too beef cake. at least from my experience. nice for heavy winds but otherwise its meh.

uuh...what?

zone is the king of beef. sinus is beefy too, but the zone beats it. especially if you get a puddletop.

I personally use the Pa1. But I can see the Opto Pure being a good choice, and ppl like the Envy, and i think it looks nice. Rhyno, Pig.......I would suggest the first 3 I posted though. ;)

.... wrote a post about getting the Breaker at 170 vs 172 which I normally throw ,but decided it wasn't really needed in this post and really, how much of a difference can 2g make for trying out a disc.

I can always make it my backup and get another if I decide I like it.

OCD for the win?

Last edited:
Recently got an Axiom Envy after all the good things that I have heard. It lives up to the hype. Incredible driving putter and takes touch really well on approaches. Your P2 choice should work well too and I have heard good things about the breaker

I'm a fan of the Judge.

Lucid for wind and more stable drives.Then Classic,Blend and Soft to cover your other drives