• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Central Coast Disc Golf - CCDG vids

Ian, will you be filming Wintertime Open? If so, will footage be out before Gentlemen's club? I'm wondering how long we'll have to wait to see McBeth in action with the new Discs.

Also, did you film any overseas tournaments this offseason, like the ones in Iceland and Thailand from last year?

Yes we'll be filming WTO :)

You really think there's any chance I'm not gonna do next day vids on Paul's first tourney with DC? :p

I'm bringing out Brian for slow mo cam, and hopefully adding in a reaction cam or chase card peak ins as well. Which would you guys rather see if I can only do one of those two?

Nah, no crazy ones like that. Thailand from last year should be out soon though! I was talking to Terry the other night, and he's headed over there this year.

I would say the first and second rounds would be better to have a reaction cam... and then switch over to chase card, if any on the chase card has a reasonable shot at making the podium.

:hfive:

Just want to say I was having a rough day yesterday and stumbled across Ty's guest commentary on the HoFC round...what a day brightener! Was in tears laughing so hard!

Ty is a treasure. He's already working on a bad lip reading vid :) Expect to hear a lot more from him as the year goes on.

I would say the first and second rounds would be better to have a reaction cam... and then switch over to chase card, if any on the chase card has a reasonable shot at making the podium.

Agree. I think we've seen so little reaction cam in disc golf that it's hard to know how good or bad it would be. But I'm curious.

Ty is a treasure. He's already working on a bad lip reading vid :) Expect to hear a lot more from him as the year goes on.

Those videos were so random! The timing during the off season was perfect, and his stream of consciousness routine with a deadpan delivery is inimitable. There could definitely be too much of a good thing, but those videos were very enjoyable. They make you and Cory seem downright serious!

Maybe you can work in reaction cam with PnP. I would set it up you see the shot, then you would cut to a replay of a good (or bad shot/break) with the reaction cam synced to the timing of the flight shot in the corner. I would give it a snappy name like... "Zanguini's not too original, but decent idea."

I just wanna see some San Francisco Safari coverage! I gotta see how the legend continues man!

That's next on my list! Finally put out CCDG v Jomez 2 today. The wife already edited the A/B cam, I just need to toss on the graphics/drone/commentary.

Maybe you can work in reaction cam with PnP. I would set it up you see the shot, then you would cut to a replay of a good (or bad shot/break) with the reaction cam synced to the timing of the flight shot in the corner. I would give it a snappy name like... "Zanguini's not too original, but decent idea."

:hfive:

Ian, I know it would be a lot of work but it would be sick to have that sweet sweet slow mo of pros in a sort of compilation video.
Something like Paul McBeth - Drive and then have 2-3 of his drive videos from like right side, behind, 3/4th iso views. Maybe power drive vs midrange shot vs soft up.

Either way, the slow mo between holes is one of my favorite additions and does a good job as a little break for commentary to run on tangents or catch up.

You know i just watched grudge match part 2... and i have to say... Hey ian could you continue this for me and give yourself a moderate ribbing... i have something i have to do....

*goes and eats a burrito*

That was funny. Having to watch him eat the burrito and talk with a mouthful of burrito, not so much.

Ian, I know it would be a lot of work but it would be sick to have that sweet sweet slow mo of pros in a sort of compilation video.
Something like Paul McBeth - Drive and then have 2-3 of his drive videos from like right side, behind, 3/4th iso views. Maybe power drive vs midrange shot vs soft up.

Either way, the slow mo between holes is one of my favorite additions and does a good job as a little break for commentary to run on tangents or catch up.

Agreed! The thing is, I don't own the rights to any of it lol. My slow mo guy Brian Guice is an absolute gem, and charges me way less than he should. Part of that deal is he owns the rights to his footage. I can see if he's interested though :)

In the fun news department, I've got Barsby lined up for commentary for LVC, as well as a Champs vs Chumps the day after. He and Madison Walker will take on the Chumps at Sunset Park, 9 am the 25th. Tickets on sale soon!

Latest posts