• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Central Park, Schenectady, NY(CPS)

CaptainAnhyzer

* Ace Member *
Now that 18 brand new Innova DISCatchers are locked in place, it's official !!!

Central Park Disc Golf Course is a reality after two years of work

42873_l.jpg

We'll be christening the chains this Friday at 530........ Random doubles $5

Just started playing disc golf when this course got put in. Good stuff.

Are there 2 tees on #8 (the one next to the baseball field)? I've looked around and can't find a second one with the hole map/sign. I assume I've been playing from the white tee since there's no map right there, kinda out in the open next to the field, close to the big white tennis court sign.

July 27, 2010

PRESS RELEASE

CHAIN CUTTING CEREMONY

Schenectady's Central Park Disc Golf Course is open and fully operational. We will have an official "Chain Cutting Ceremony" on Thursday July 29th, 6:00pm at the Disc Golf Kiosk, corner of Ptl Arthur Chaires Lane and Central Parkway. Hon. Brian U. Stratton, Mayor of Schenectady, will conduct the official opening of the course.

The 18 hole course, the first of its kind in the immediate Capital District, was installed as joint effort of the City and County of Schenectady, the Schenectady Disc Golf Club, Inc. and several local businesses and individuals who contributed the funds necessary. The course is open to the public and there is no charge to play.

There will be a disc golf demonstration immediately after the ceremony. For additional information about the ceremony, please contact Bob Hoffman at 370-3743. And for additional information about the sport of Disc Golf go to http://www.pdga.com

No, we just lived in Ballston Spa while I was assigned to MTG at NPTU before I got out of the Navy....tried to think of another acronymn to throw in there but no dice.

No, we just lived in Ballston Spa while I was assigned to MTG at NPTU before I got out of the Navy....tried to think of another acronymn to throw in there but no dice.

OH YA??? Another nuke that flings the plastic? :)

Ballston Spa S3G/S8G '89-'94 (EM Nuke instructor)

...and who knew that Hyzer Creek was soooo close! :)

FYI thread on how the reactors might affect disc golfing in the area:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?p=131468&highlight=ballston+spa#post131468

OH YA??? Another nuke that flings the plastic?

Ballston Spa S3G/S8G '89-'94 (EM Nuke instructor)

...and who knew that Hyzer Creek was soooo close!

FYI thread on how the reactors might affect disc golfing in the area:

Yeah I was a mechanic, on the Gee-dub 97-2002 and MTG 2002-2005. I am pretty sure it was Hyzer Creek that was being built while we were up there but she had just had our daughter and wasn't looking to go clear trees to play 3 holes.

Yeah I was a mechanic, on the Gee-dub 97-2002 and MTG 2002-2005. I am pretty sure it was Hyzer Creek that was being built while we were up there but she had just had our daughter and wasn't looking to go clear trees to play 3 holes.

And now Hyzer Creek has two great tourneys a year and is in the process of installing concrete tees !!!

Latest posts