• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cheap Tee signs

I like they ones they did in Kingwood , when the others got damaged:

Attachments

• 5381b27f.jpg
    5381b27f.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 61
I took a 3/4 inch piece of treated plywood & burned the information with a wood burning tool. One 4x8 sheet will do 18 signs (16"x16"). It is not "fancy" but it is effective. I completed 18 signs in less than 20 hours of work & that included A & B placements. They can be stained & sealed once they cure for a year or so. I drilled a hole in one corner so color coded pieces could be bolted to the sign for easy changing of basket positions. I decided on this so I can eventually add C placements without starting over. They are also cost effective in case replacement is necessary because of vandals.

Congrats on your first DGCR post Bear. Congrats on the tee signs at Anna Page. The work your crew has been doing there this year is awesome. All of us traveling enthusiasts welcome signs at your wonderful venue.

The other day I saw some 18 inch square paving stones with the hole layout, number, and distance carved into it, and the etchings filled with paint. they looked surprisingly good and do stay in place.

We made some signs for our course and it wasn't too bad in cost.

We developed designs in Word, printed out on Photo Paper, then laminated them. When cutting the laminating sheet ($15 for 50), leave enough space so the seal around the paper isn't compromised. Basically, leave about 1/2 inch around the edge. If you trim the laminate all the way up to the photo paper, water will definitely get in and make the ink run.

I got a small piece of birch plywood ($15) cut into as many 8 x 10 pieces as possible, about 25. This matched the size of the pre-cut acrylic sheets ($2)Lowe's had. Then prime and seal the wood with Kilz exterior ($15). I used some small nut, washer, and bolts to attach the acrylic sheets to the wood.

In total about $100 bucks, that's not too bad and they're holding up nicely!!

Attachments

• Sign #10.jpg
    Sign #10.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 39

Latest posts