• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cheapest way to ship discs?

You guys don't have APC machines at your post office? They rule.

It's like an ATM for postage and has a drop box next to it, the whole transaction takes about 20 seconds.

I bought a bale of like 50 on ebay for 25 bucks. I believe they are #4s, about a disc and a half in length and you can shove 3 in there no problem.

For singles I just fold the extra over and tape it.

These are white bubble mailers, if you have done bidness with me you have gotten one.

what bill said... except i bought a box of 100 for about 30 bucks and mine are yellow...

Maybe I'm a cheapskate, but I don't even think about using a padded envelopes unless I'm sending something worth more than a stock or CFR disc. What can the post office do to a disc that a tree wouldn't? Most of the discs I receive are in unpadded envelopes and I've never seen one damaged in transit.

well, you definitely are a cheapskate. if i'm paying you for something, why wouldnt you take a simple, reasonable measure to insure that it gets to me in the condition i was expecting? I hate it when i get discs that arent in bubble mailers or at least some sort of protection to prevent the flight plate from being flexed during shipping.

What can the post office do to a disc that a tree wouldn't?
Having worked for USPS for 13 years, here's two scenarios:

1. Crush the package under the weight of other heavier packages, potentially damaging the contents.

2. Cut through the unsecured packaging, disemboweling the contents, and possibly losing it.

Either actually happening is rare, but I've seen both happen, and in 95% of cases its because the shipper decided to skimp on protecting the contents. Big commercial shippers and almost any online disc retailer I've dealt with use good packaging for a reason.

It's like an ATM for postage and has a drop box next to it, the whole transaction takes about 20 seconds.

I'm not aware of this but definitely going to look into it. Thanks for the heads up.

Good call on this one. Looks promising in general....here's even a link to find the closest one. Unfortunately, for me, the closest one is 10 miles away, which completely negates both the convenience factor and the $ savings I'd get by FC vs priority. So close!

Oh man, they are in like every PO around here, good news is they are in the lobby and open 24hrs a day too.

They do all mail types too, FC,Priority,Parcel, Express...

The bubble mailers are good for mailing.
I have built up quite a collection simply by saving the mailers for discs thatI buy or get in trade.
First Class all the way.

I agree too, not only is it cheaper, it's better for everyone.

I just cut a box up to the size of discs and put that in the envelopes with the discs. CE and such I use the picture mailers at the PO. 1.99 but worth knowing its safe.

I had been shipping with boxes, but lately I started using bubble mailers to save on cost. Like pchitti, I sometimes put a flat piece of cardboard on each side of the disc inside the bubble mailer. I also fold a small piece of cardboard into a square and put it underneath the flight plate so it can't get pushed in. Just take a strip of cardboard and fold it over 2-3 times and put it under the flight plate.

I just shipped 2 Rhynos, a Buzzz and a Teerex in a 9x15 bubble mailer. USPS Priority cost $6 and change. The flat rate box would have been nearly $11.

Trying to ship mine in a bubble mailer, does it take 6 or 7 stamps? weight on the disc is 169g

8 Oz First Class parcel rate (usually what you will pay for a single disc) is $2.56 right now. Six 44 cent stamps will cover that, but as advised, it would be better just to take it to the P.O. (or a post office pickup station with a scale, which can be found at some grocery store customer service counters or package service businesses) have it weighed and get a meter strip. Some bubble mailers weigh more than others.