• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cheapest way to ship discs?

I8URZ28

Birdie Member
How does everyone ship discs? I havent sent any yet and am trying to find the cheapest way to ship with the discs still being protected. IE bubble mailer.
Any suggestions?

Do a search on this. This topic has been covered many, many times and you can find a lot of good information in some of the previously posted threads.

ok i will search for it. i checked out the usps bubble mailers they are $2 plus whatever it costs to ship

You can usually just get regular bubble mailers at a fedex or ups store for around .99 and ship for $2.24 First Class mail.

I usually buy a 6 pack of envelopes at Kroger for $4.99.

The bubble mailers are good for mailing.
I have built up quite a collection simply by saving the mailers for discs thatI buy or get in trade.
First Class all the way.

About 2 years ago, I actually had a guy send me a disc in a cereal box. Rice Krispies I think. It was different. Best prize I ever got out of a cereal box.

The bubble mailers are good for mailing.
I have built up quite a collection simply by saving the mailers for discs thatI buy or get in trade.
First Class all the way.

For sure. Don't be afraid to re-use the envelopes. I do it all the time. I have actually had envelopes wit previous address four or five deep, that's always great.

Walmart sells a 5-pack of padded envelopes, size 8 1/2 x 11in, for $3.49. They are the perfect size for a disc.

Walmart sells a 5-pack of padded envelopes, size 8 1/2 x 11in, for $3.49. They are the perfect size for a disc.

This is what I'm using now. You can slide two drivers in one envelope if you're careful.

Recently they were including a bonus 6th envelope in the pack, this nets these down to about 60 cents each.
USPS stagecoach is $2.24, plus the .60, this means safe disc shipping is about $3.

Anything more I just consider to be time gravy.

Meijers has the brown ones like 15 for 3.1xish was less than 20cents a mailer. haven't had a problem or compliants about discs.

Just fit 3 discs a mini a hat a keychain all the way to Australia!

anybody have a suggestion for shipping 3-5 discs? i usually send 2 in the priority envelope because its cheaper than just putting them first class in a big bubble mailer. big quantities of discs i use the flat rate boxes but the middle ground of 3-5 discs or so always gets me. ive used the priority bags,bigger bubble mailers, individual mailers and it kicks my ass every time in price. is the priority bag flat rate too? such a pain

Often when buying 3-5 discs from an online website, either a small box (10x10x6) or a Tyvek or plastic bag with a lot of padding was used. More recently, I've seen the latter used since its lighter.

USPS is going to charge Priority for anything that goes above 13 ounces and that's when weight/zone vs. flat rate becomes a consideration. Two discs + packaging are going to be borderline 13 ounces, so three is certainly going to put you in the Priority range. If the trip your discs are making is a short one, it may be better to just use your own packaging and pay the weight/zone rate.

http://www.usps.com/prices/priority-mail-prices.htm

One other option is Parcel Post, but it is a bit slower, and for stuff under 5 lbs, really doesn't save you that much. That and it gets treated a bit rougher in transport.

http://www.usps.com/prices/parcel-post-prices.htm

I do want to note for folks sending two discs that go over the 13 ounce mark, there is a padded flat rate envelope now, which costs the same to ship as the unpadded kind. I don't know if three can be stuffed in there.

I bought a bale of like 50 on ebay for 25 bucks. I believe they are #4s, about a disc and a half in length and you can shove 3 in there no problem.

For singles I just fold the extra over and tape it.

These are white bubble mailers, if you have done bidness with me you have gotten one.

Maybe I'm a cheapskate, but I don't even think about using a padded envelopes unless I'm sending something worth more than a stock or CFR disc. What can the post office do to a disc that a tree wouldn't? Most of the discs I receive are in unpadded envelopes and I've never seen one damaged in transit.

Im gonna buck the trend here and say that I prefer to pay the extra dollar for flat rate bubble mailer with priority postage paid online(usps priority supplies-envelopes and boxes-are free and shipped to you free) than to have to stand in line at the post office. I can just drop it off at the mom and pop shipping center down the street with no line. I HATE having to stand on line at the post office...you have to wait even if you're only dropping off a prepaid package. Argh

I'd love to be able to purchase first class postage online. I suppose I could stock up on stamps....hrm.

For the times when I didn't have a padded envelope, I've used bubble wrap and newspapers to pad the disc.
While I've never received a complaint about mailing damage, I have received discs that were damaged due to paper-envelope-only mailing.

Latest posts