• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

China Peak Disc Golf Course (near Fresno)

Why don't you go play the course and give it a bad rating? I have no control over who comes on here and reviews the course.

Wasn't trying to comment on the course itself or its designers. Just always find it funny that the only courses that ever show up as 5 stars have one or two reviews, and the reviews are usually about 50 words long. Really hard to know much about a course from that.

Ha...if you think Ross is butthurt about this comment wait until I set the new course record when i play it for the first time August 3rd.

Proper review to follow. Unbiased. Promised.

hopefully my review provides more insight. 84 is the new course record afaik

partially due to the impressive skill of James and the other kids, some holes were more birdie-able than I expected. on the other hand, on about half the holes, when things go sideways -- they can really go sideways... the main reason that he shot 84 and nobody else in our large group broke 90, is that he had no 5s. I'd bet that everyone else had at least three 5s, plus some 6s and 7s...

I'm leaning towards a 5 review as well, lets see after I play it today again.

Played it yesterday -- course is starting to get worn in well, footpaths developing They've also done a bit of clearing on #14 & #22 making those holes a bit fairer.

Played it yesterday -- course is starting to get worn in well, footpaths developing They've also done a bit of clearing on #14 & #22 making those holes a bit fairer.

14 seemed fair. 15 needed that stump removed

Sorry, that's what I meant. Stump on 15 is gone. Plays much more fairly. Possible 2 if you have a huge arm which I do not.

I played there this past weekend with two buddies from the Bay Area. Having a spotter and knowing where every basket was have me way more confidence this time and allowed me to throw a way larger selection of plastic without worrying I was going to lose something. My group shot 80, 83, and 89. It was fun. Totally recommend this course. It will be interesting to see the scores from a tourney if one is held here.

possible bounty winner

I played there this past weekend with two buddies from the Bay Area. Having a spotter and knowing where every basket was have me way more confidence this time and allowed me to throw a way larger selection of plastic without worrying I was going to lose something. My group shot 80, 83, and 89. It was fun. Totally recommend this course. It will be interesting to see the scores from a tourney if one is held here.

I promised $100 to the first person who broke pro par (84) in a legit round. "Legit" means that the person played their first disc, followed all the rules, and had witnesses.

If you provide the proper details, including the aforerequested copy of the scorecard, I'll happily send $50 each to the two people who broke par.

Are you playing with Rico? Damn son, those are some SCORES on that course. I would hope that whomever got the 80 is at the very least a touring pro and/or considering that life.

I will look for the scorecard. As for the scores I'm sure Steve Rico or another top pro would shot around 72-75 in the course. After playing it twice, it plays easier and with little stress. If players have a forehand and backhand then there shouldn't be any concerns. I should get a pro out there to see what he puts up. Well see what happens.

Proctor shot an 84, and he's 1012 rated.

^^^ does he play at that elevation often? Having Wrightwood in SoCal and multiple courses in big bear at that elevation helps. I'm just saying that a few pros who have high elevation bags would be able to shred a solid score.