• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Chucker Definition

..chuckers do more harm than good.

..they just can't see that their obnoxious behavior is the reason why some people will never play or accept disc golf as a sport.

Last edited:
..chuckers do more harm than good.

..they just can't see that their obnoxious behavior is the reason why some people will never play or accept disc golf as a sport.

Nah, it's the druggies that do that. Families tend to turn away from illegal activity more than someone throwing an 79 on a course.

i see chuckers as obnoxious, inconsiderate, a bit rude, but sometimes unaware for better or for worse of their actions. Big or small, fat or skinny, drunk or sober, if you act like a jerk you make yourself look like a scumbag. If you're not letting people play through while you throw your whole bag and then some, that's a chucker. If you're throwing your beer cans/bottles/butts around without a care while playing, that's a chucker. If you're being loud, rude, and obnoxious around others trying to play....well you get the point. That being said, there are also people who fit many descriptions of a chucker, but still not qualify as one as they may be loud, obnoxious, and unaware, but they clean up after themselves, let others play through, and try to keep an out for people even when inebriated after 6 or so beers. But yeah as CJC said "Chuckers do more harm than good" which i do believe.

Nah, it's the druggies that do that. Families tend to turn away from illegal activity more than someone throwing an 79 on a course.

..the chuckers around here are very open about their drug use too.

i see chuckers as obnoxious, inconsiderate, a bit rude, but sometimes unaware for better or for worse of their actions. Big or small, fat or skinny, drunk or sober, if you act like a jerk you make yourself look like a scumbag. If you're not letting people play through while you throw your whole bag and then some, that's a chucker. If you're throwing your beer cans/bottles/butts around without a care while playing, that's a chucker. If you're being loud, rude, and obnoxious around others trying to play....well you get the point. That being said, there are also people who fit many descriptions of a chucker, but still not qualify as one as they may be loud, obnoxious, and unaware, but they clean up after themselves, let others play through, and try to keep an out for people even when inebriated after 6 or so beers. But yeah as CJC said "Chuckers do more harm than good" which i do believe.

What ever happened to... What goes on in Vegas stays in Vegas...?????

I screwed up the quote. wrong button

Now this is where I say what goes on in Vegas stays in Vegas........

When you see a group of 10-15 people in one big group. One throws, they run to their disc and the others people keep throwing on them until the hole is done

Not necessarily a group of chuckers, but it always makes me shake my head in wonderment.

Not sure what's worse as far as pace of play, a herd of chuckers, or a big family including the parents and grandparents throwing discs 75' each throw.

At least the families are nice and let you play through.

Last edited:
Not sure what's worse as far as pace of play, a herd of chuckers, or a big family including the parents and grandparents throwing discs 75' each throw.

At least the families are nice and let you play through.

Agreed. And families know that they are oblivious. Chuckers don't care.

Those are casual players. The chuckers are the ones who do that and leave a trail of beverage containers and cigarette butts in their wake for someone else to clean up.
The groups being called "chuckers" here we used to call FC's.

I've always used the term to refer to anyone who plays with one maybe two discs, no bag, and little to no regard for rules/etiquette. He's the type who couldn't tell you the brand/mold of the disc he's throwing unless it's stamped on it, and even then he has to look at it before he tells you...every time. Also, the type of player who would never find themselves on a forum like this. So if you're here, congrats, you're not a chucker. :D

^this

Latest posts