• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cincinnati, OH Invading Columbus, OH - Saturday, 6/22/13

I think it is, although I sleep with the owner every night ;) Just throwing it out there as an option. About 9 miles closer than Flatrocks, harder course, more shade and no crowd. Depending on the timing I can probably join as a guide. Plus it would be nice to see J W again...

Lol. Quite the perk! Where is it in Canal? My brother lives in Lithopolis and I'm in Reynoldsburg, so it's pretty much dead center. I may PM you later for more details if you don't mind.

Wish I could invade C-bus with you guys. I was too beat after Idlewild/Lincoln Ridge/Mt. Airy and didn't get to stop on my way home. Have fun!

Wish I could invade C-bus with you guys. I was too beat after Idlewild/Lincoln Ridge/Mt. Airy and didn't get to stop on my way home. Have fun!

I hear ya! I just did Idlewild/Airy and couldn't play for a week afteward. Afraid I'm in for the same pain here with the 3 courses we have lined up. Hit me up anytime you can make it to Columbus. I'm in and could maybe roust up a few more folks. I also have a wedding coming up in August and will be in one of the cabins at Moundsville for a week...... we should get a group together.

More importantly, did you get your tag today?

And if not, can we blame timg? :D

I wasn't able to check my mailbox today. I will check it tomorrow. I think since I ordered it Monday night that if it wasn't here it would be okay to blame timg ;)

I think it is, although I sleep with the owner every night ;) Just throwing it out there as an option. About 9 miles closer than Flatrocks, harder course, more shade and no crowd. Depending on the timing I can probably join as a guide. Plus it would be nice to see J W again...

I am game with whatever the others vote for. I will be playing disc golf with cool people, so as long as the courses are playable I'll have a blast.

That is awesome! Thanks for chiming in. If the group decides an awesome private course is a better option than driving all the way down to Lantucky that sounds like fun. Either way, I think myself and All Day (plus 2 or 3) will be looking to try your course sometime soon.

That is awesome! Thanks for chiming in. If the group decides an awesome private course is a better option than driving all the way down to Lantucky that sounds like fun. Either way, I think myself and All Day (plus 2 or 3) will be looking to try your course sometime soon.

He's right you know! ;)
I can't get back up to Columbus again this weekend, but would love to visit the Twilight Zone sometime this summer. :clap:

He's right you know! ;)
I can't get back up to Columbus again this weekend, but would love to visit the Twilight Zone sometime this summer. :clap:

Let me know if you do! I am always game for day trips and playing new courses (provided I don't have a tourney that day).

You going to join us for a round? :clap:
I have played the first two courses and should be able to remember the hole locations once there. If we can play the private course for #3 I vote yes.

We just booked our hotel room for the Drury Inn in the Grove City area of Columbus, OH (south-central Columbus), so if we can end up nearby to there, or someone can drop me by on their way back to Cincinnati, that'd be great.

I kind of prefer the three we'd listed, and I'm not entirely sure of a course situated on five acres and playing to the same baskets a few times. Maybe it's great and I'd kick myself for missing out on it, but I'm leaning towards the existing list we had.

To the owner of Twilight, some pictures and more reviews and things like that would help people get more excited. Maybe you don't want to do that, though, and I can understand reasons for that.

In the end, I'm happy with the majority vote, and thankful that the weather looks good and I can meet some cool people and swap a travel tag or two, and so on. My vote's for the three we have listed, but again, I'll be happy to do whatever in the end. :)

^Then I believe it is decided. I think myself along with 2 others is a majority so as long as it is cool with the others I think we should take discoriented up on her very generous offer and plan on hitting the Twilight Zone to top off our day.
:hfive:

edit:my post showed up AFTER iacas...... I type real slow didn't intend to jump the gun on any decsion

Last edited:
This is going to be a great time! If there was an area with a fairly large open field, we could let people throw Vibram's new proto as well as pretty much the rest of Vibram's lineup. I only have r420b, but if iacas brought his, we would have both protos here.

I am really looking forward to this Saturday!

All four of the options are new to me, and I'm just happy to get to throw some new places. If we have the opportunity to play a private course, I would say absolutely.

I do want to ask if dogs are allowed though. He's friendly, and I clean up after him! :)

All four of the options are new to me, and I'm just happy to get to throw some new places. If we have the opportunity to play a private course, I would say absolutely.

I do want to ask if dogs are allowed though. He's friendly, and I clean up after him! :)

Smokey has more energy than any other dog that I have ever seen.

This is going to be a great time! If there was an area with a fairly large open field, we could let people throw Vibram's new proto as well as pretty much the rest of Vibram's lineup. I only have r420b, but if iacas brought his, we would have both protos here.

I am really looking forward to this Saturday!

I'm looking forward to it too.

I'll bring my 419. I may shove the 420 in the bag too but then I'll have to carry that around all day too and it's useless. ;)

Smokey has more energy than any other dog that I have ever seen.

He'll be struggling Saturday with the heat so he won't be his usual crazy self after round 1.

I got lucky on my trip that the temps and humidity stayed low.

This is great! I'm just sorry that as the only local guy I have to admit that of the courses we will hit I have only played the first 10 at Alum. Going to be a great day!

Would love to join you guys, but had a prior obligation in Pike County. Old friend with ALS is having a get together at his place. He's been dealing with ALS for almost 10 years so.....
I would like to play Flat Rocks again, I recall that course being on a nice piece land. If Lancaster was the first stop I would've given serious consideration to joining y'all. I liked playing GH except for the double bogey on the last hole. Be safe, have fun, and "throw long and prosper".

Hey all, I'll be good with any decision you make. If you decide the TZ is on the list I'll get a fresh cut for you and cover the icey beverages. I'm a couple miles S of CW and a few E of Lithopolis. We are pup friendly as we have one of our own. As for reviews and such I can't make folks do that. Maybe you all would be so inclined? Any of the courses you'll be playing I've had a design hand in. If you're looking to test plastic your best option will be hole 9 or "G" (btwn 11&12) at Delaware. Also be aware that Alum underwent a slight re-design last year and hole #1 is now on your immediate left as you pull into the course parking lot.

^thanks for the heads up and THANK YOU so much for the invite. I'll call or text you when we are at Alum so we can try to get an idea of our ETA.

Latest posts