• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Classic Roc

Do you like the classic Roc?

• LOVE IT!

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • HATE IT!

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Never tried the classic.

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • Hate all Rocs!

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters

Marty McFly

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
The Classic Roc.

Love it or hate it?
Please explain why.

It is nothing like the others in my opinion but I love the feel of it. I have a beat up one that I never use anymore and for some odd reason I busted it out in my round yesterday. I played great with it, and note sure why I retired it. :D

I didn't like it, I tried to use it for a putter, especially long putts and we just didn't click, too stable. i would accept a second date if offered though.

Nice av by the way, I got tired of looking at that damn Samberg.

Classic Rocs are my favorite discs, I use Champion but I think the dx are solid too. They are so consistent it's almost like cheating to use one. They hold any line, are great forehand and backhand, and they make a good putter. If you haven't thrown a classic Roc, the flight (on drives and approaches, but also putts really) is like a big bead Aviar on steroids but with 100% predictability in that they can handle a bit of off axis torque without fluttering and flipping; so you get the benefit of a putter flight path without the touchiness. :)

I have a 150 class DX Classic Roc and after watching Dan Beato's videos and retooling my form I can throw it about 230 feet consistently from a standstill. That thing just sails 200 feet plus straight as an arrow and the fade is really subtle which allows it to always be moving forward. Great disc on calm days.

I love my classic roc for shorter drives, and medium length approaches. It will go dead straight about 270 for me, but will also hold nice hyzer or anny lines. I don't putt with it, but it's one of my most used discs off the tee. I love having a disc that fills in between my putters and my rocs/other mids.

I love my classic roc, it is perfect for a forehand fairway shot or shorter approach shots

I recently stopped at a store that sells discs. I've shopped there many times when I travel that way. I noticed they had in a new shipment of dx classic rocs and also noticed they were selling them for $15.99. When I told the girl that works there that I can get 2 dx classic rocs almost anywhere else for that price she responded that there is no way someone is selling champion plastic for 8 bucks. I explained that because it says Innova Champion Golf Disc on the front, doesn't mean it is champion plastic. I then showed her the difference in champion plastic and dx. Not sure if it sunk in....

To her credit she sold me some new star plastic for 16 bucks.

Many people confuse this disc with the real deal.

The one I have is not in the DX plastic which makes it that much sweeter!

I held one at the pro shop the other day and it felt a lot like a Buzzz to me, with the flat top and all. Hmmm I wonder if Discraft stole that mold like they stole the Aviar to make the Magnet.

Never tried it, but when I get my next break from school I plan to buy about 5 discs I've been wanting to try out and see how I like em, including the roc

I absolutely love mine. I use it from 200 and in. I love it on just about any kind of an annie line and if I have to worry about my shot blowing past I can usually park it for the short putt. It wasn't a love at first grasp type thing but now I probably have it out more than any other disc in my bag since I often putt with it if I parked it.