• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Collection Pics!

Here is our wall:

Wall 1, Christy's tourney discs:

Aerial Armada - 2nd women , Perkerson Ice bowl - 15th REC-men, Stevens County Pro Am -5th REC men, GCO-1st Rec women
Ace Race 09, Meeks Madness Mako-1st rec women, ADGO spring- 1st women, GSSS 4 1st women
Mayday Madness 1st int women, Damntree doubles 4th, Wood Nymphs 2nd INT, Firecracker Fling 1-1st rec women
attachment.php

Wall 2, collection:

southern belle roc, gentlemens club challenge pro groove, Atlanta Open Roc signed by Climo and Feldberg
Sarah Stanhope Signature Vibram 09 Wraith autographed, KC 9x Gazelle autographed, Val Jenkins signed Pegasus

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC00280.JPG
    DSC00280.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 420
  • DSC00281.JPG
    DSC00281.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 409
Yeah a few...maybe not a lot, but I am proud to say I have given over 230 discs to women & children in the last 4 months and still have about 90 or so to go. :)

I just went through the records of the weekly series I run. I gave out over 400 discs to the ams. I also run a 2 day PDGA event and two other big doubles events. Buying discs for prizes can get expensive with big weekly turnouts.

www.edgeleague.com

All new stuff, tourney discs and discs for clinics. Given is kind of a loose term, clinics are all paid events but I keep the prices stupid low, the most we have ever charged is $18 and that was for 3 discs, 3 minis, a bag, avon stuff and a pile of stickers.

I just went through the records of the weekly series I run. I gave out over 400 discs to the ams. I also run a 2 day PDGA event and two other big doubles events. Buying discs for prizes can get expensive with big weekly turnouts.

www.edgeleague.com

Cool site, I like how it works like an excel sheet & yeah, thats a huge league. :hfive: Do you play the same course or rotate?

Here is our wall:

Wall 1, Christy's tourney discs:

Aerial Armada - 2nd women , Perkerson Ice bowl - 15th REC-men, Stevens County Pro Am -5th REC men, GCO-1st Rec women
Ace Race 09, Meeks Madness Mako-1st rec women, ADGO spring- 1st women, GSSS 4 1st women
Mayday Madness 1st int women, Damntree doubles 4th, Wood Nymphs 2nd INT, Firecracker Fling 1-1st rec women
attachment.php

Wall 2, collection:

southern belle roc, gentlemens club challenge pro groove, Atlanta Open Roc signed by Climo and Feldberg
Sarah Stanhope Signature Vibram 09 Wraith autographed, KC 9x Gazelle autographed, Val Jenkins signed Pegasus

attachment.php
your Sarah Stanhope disc does it say made the cut, got paid?

Cool site, I like how it works like an excel sheet & yeah, thats a huge league. :hfive: Do you play the same course or rotate?

It's basically a part time babysitting job. We play on one course that has multiple layouts. I change the setup about every 3 weeks. This year's hot player was an advanced player. We will be facing him next year as a pro. I'm not scared but others are.

All new stuff, tourney discs and discs for clinics. Given is kind of a loose term, clinics are all paid events but I keep the prices stupid low, the most we have ever charged is $18 and that was for 3 discs, 3 minis, a bag, avon stuff and a pile of stickers.

It's funny how the people who participate in events take it for granted. They see the amount of product being pushed and think that the organizers are making a pile of money. It really doesn't work that way. I buy sponsor discs and fund raisers and resell them for what they cost me. Dyes and Glows are $2 more but all of the better plastics get sold for $10. When the Nuke came out I bought 75 and sold them all for $10 each, the same with the 1st run Z Nukes. I'm not making much for all of my time and efforts.

It really is a tiring, time consuming job but every year i'm so excited and motivated to do it again. I've played in about 20 PDGA events this year and i've only been in 5 somes at my weekly.

your Sarah Stanhope disc does it say made the cut, got paid?

No, it says Sarah Stanhope2009 Vibram Open champion. I think she got xx amount from Vibram for winning that she was personally selling...I have not seen them anywhere else. Can't wait to get a 2010.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC00282.JPG
    DSC00282.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 401
It's funny how the people who participate in events take it for granted. They see the amount of product being pushed and think that the organizers are making a pile of money. It really doesn't work that way. I buy sponsor discs and fund raisers and resell them for what they cost me. Dyes and Glows are $2 more but all of the better plastics get sold for $10. When the Nuke came out I bought 75 and sold them all for $10 each, the same with the 1st run Z Nukes. I'm not making much for all of my time and efforts.

It really is a tiring, time consuming job but every year i'm so excited and motivated to do it again. I've played in about 20 PDGA events this year and i've only been in 5 somes at my weekly.
Way off topic, but I had to stop promoting disc golf when my wife and I had kids. I was dropping a hundred dollars of my own money into every sanctioned event I ran. That doesn't include gas money and phone bills trying to run down sponsorship and all the time I spent organizing the event. Even the non-sanctioned things I ran were nickle and dimeing me to death...a hundred mini's here, some CTP discs there, a 100 photocopies twice a month...it all added up. Even at that somebody yelled at me about the payout at every single event I ran and accused me of "stealing their money." What a joke. If anybody was stealing money, they were stealing mine! When I was single I could pull it off; once I had a family there was no way I could afford to keep putting that many of my resources toward disc golf.

Most people who don't try to promote the sport have no idea how much money, time and effort people like Hysell pour into the sport and take what he does for granted. Some misguided folks actually think he is making money off this. That's crazy. The sport stands on the shoulders of guys like Chris Hysell, and I for one am grateful he is there and able to do it. Thanks, Chris.

its almost like peopl 3 years n less should have their own thread n people 3 year plus should have their own collections differ so much damn sme of you have a ton of discs!

Thanks Three Putt. That goes out for everyone who runs events.

I made an offer a few years back for someone to step up and run the acepot. Here's the deal, collect the dollar and pay $50 for all aces. It's like an insurance policy. Sometimes we go 2 or 3 weeks without an ace, sometimes we get 3 in a night. No one would take the chance.

Back on the topic, here is the back of my truck

http://www.edgeleague.com/truck.JPG

Way off topic, but I had to stop promoting disc golf when my wife and I had kids. I was dropping a hundred dollars of my own money into every sanctioned event I ran. That doesn't include gas money and phone bills trying to run down sponsorship and all the time I spent organizing the event. Even the non-sanctioned things I ran were nickle and dimeing me to death...a hundred mini's here, some CTP discs there, a 100 photocopies twice a month...it all added up. Even at that somebody yelled at me about the payout at every single event I ran and accused me of "stealing their money." What a joke. If anybody was stealing money, they were stealing mine! When I was single I could pull it off; once I had a family there was no way I could afford to keep putting that many of my resources toward disc golf.

Most people who don't try to promote the sport have no idea how much money, time and effort people like Hysell pour into the sport and take what he does for granted. Some misguided folks actually think he is making money off this. That's crazy. The sport stands on the shoulders of guys like Chris Hysell, and I for one am grateful he is there and able to do it. Thanks, Chris.

I say I don't spend any of my own money but I keep a very loose budget to hide those kind of things...but I certainly do not spend hundreds. I do front hundreds but then take it back when the entries roll in or whatever.

I was scared ****less for my womens tournament because I went WAY overboard on players pack stuff and every woman got a mini ($1), a cobra ($4.40), glass earrings ($5.50) and a homemade soap and scrubbie kit ($10) and when you account for the $270 I was paying for the park ($9 a head) and at least a buck a head for programs I was at $30 and was charging $15 for juniors, $25 for rec, $30 for int, $35 for adv and $40 for pro!!

Luckily I worked my ass off and got a ton of sponsorship and was able to average 80% on AM payout and 149% on pro payout. WHEW.

Here's what I've got... a few more drivers on the way, but then I'm done. Time to focus in technique, master the discs I have, and start finishing better in local MI/OH tourneys. I hope to win one by next summer; best finishes so far are a couple of top 5s.

Drivers (red): champ boss, star boss, pro katana, star teerex, champ destroyer, champ beast, pro beast x2, champ teebird x2
Mids (orange): champ firebird, dx teebird, dragon x2, champ leopard, dx leopard x2, star cro, star ont roc, rpro roc, dx roc, dx shark
Mid/putt (yellow): star shark, dx shark, kcpro aviar x2, aviar P&A x2

...Yah, I'm kinda a color nazi. I figure I should at least look like maybe I might be sponsored by Innova... lol

Attachments

• P9120413a.jpg
    P9120413a.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 110
  • P9120412a.jpg
    P9120412a.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
It's not much, but I only had 2 discs in January. :cool:

attachment.php

Attachments

• DiscGolf_2010-09-12.jpg