• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Colorado Trip

Dani31_5p00n

I'm looking to plan a trip to Colorado with some friends to hit a couple disc golf courses and do some hiking, camping, and maybe jeeping. Just from browsing around the map with all the courses on it, I think I have pinned down an area to go to. Just southwest of Denver I see there is about 6 courses that are all 4-5 star ratings. These courses include: Bailey DGC, Beaver Ranch, Eagles Vista DGC, Eagles Vista DGC , Phantom Falls Mini DGC, and Bucksnort DGC. To be honest we probably wont play all of these but it seems like it would be a great area to go to.
So I am trying to find a place now where we could camp at around here. We would like to find a place that would be more secluded and kind of on our own. If there are any places where we could like jeep to and then be able to hike and do some exploring would be ideal. So if anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated. I'm up for even completely changing the area to somewhere else in Colorado since we are still at the beginning stages of planning this. We are hoping to do this trip over Labor Day weekend so that we could leave Lincoln, NE Thursday night or Friday morning and stay until Monday evening and then head home.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Great area for disc! You'll have an awesome time for sure.

Just a few notes for you though:

1) Bailey and Beaver Ranch are pay to play ($8/day and $5/day respectively). Make sure you check the open/closed status of Bailey before you show up as it is used for cow pasturing occasionally.

2) Bucksnort and Phantom Falls are private, pay-to-play, one tee time per day courses that require advanced reservation to play. DO NOT expect to show up and be able to play these courses without a reservation. Even this far out, the dates you're looking for may be booked so do not hesitate in reserving your tee time.

3) I may be wrong but I believe Eagle's Vista is closing due to the land owners moving away. It was administered by the same person who runs Phantom and Bucksnort (Paul Rothley) so you can clear that up with him.

4) As far as camping goes, I'm not a local so hopefully someone else can answer that for you. You might also try posting on the local club's Facebook page for info: Foothill Flyers

5) FYI, there is a specific forum for posts like this on DGCR: Vacations & Road Trips. I have a feeling this thread will be moved there soon anyway.

Oops, I got the prices mixed up for Bailey and BR. Bailey is the one that's $5/day and Beaver Ranch is $8/day.

Wow, I have been on and off looking through this site and never realized that you can click on the "General Disc Golf Discussion" heading and be taken to all those sub-topics. I always just thought there was the 6 that are under it on the main forum page. Had I known that I would have put it in the correct spot.
But anyways, I will be sure to look into those courses more on making reservations. Since were looking to go Labor Day weekend I should definitively get on that soon. Thanks for that tip!

Welcome to the site! Klay pretty much said it all. The only thing I can add is I know there is plenty of really good places to camp in the National Forest just outside of Bailey.

Beaver, I love beaver. There is a nice course off I-25 north of Colorado Springs. It was 10 bucks when I played there last. Jellystone Park, it is a campground. But there where more goats at 18 than disc golfers I saw.

Lots of camping within 20-30 minutes and they do have camping cabins available for rent on the Beaver Ranch property. If you like to be more remote, Pike national forest is close with plenty of dispersed camping available minutes from Phantom Falls. I'm actually on my way there tomorrow for a weekend away from the city.