• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Columbus, OH. Disc Golf Trip

ChiCubs

Par Member
Wha's up everyone...I am headed out to Columbus in June to throw with a buddy of mine. Im definitely hitting the Hambrick Memorial Course but wanted to hear from you. What other courses that YOU have played out there are worth throwing? I am currently going through the course list on DGCR but I figured reading some quick comments and thoughts from the DGCR community would be pretty cool as well. GO!

My personal favorite permanent, public courses around Columbus are on the outskirts: Simsbury in Pickerington, and Gordon Holton in Delaware, but then I live a couple hours away. Locals may have better tips!

From what I can remember, Hambrick was the main course around there. If the winds are swirling it can be a very challenging course. Griggs Reservoir Park was the other one I played and it was ok. As long as you don't mind seeing people walk around all over in disgusting ohio state gear you should be just fine.

Agreed with Sisyphus. You have to get outside of 270 for the best of the area. It's been a few years and I know there are a few new ones in Cbus, but Simsbury and Flat Rocks are 2 of my faves. It had/has a reputation of being somewhat unmaintained but Lobdell is a lot of fun too.

If you're coming in from Maryland, you shouldn't miss Orange Crush/Seth Burton in WV along the way!

Agreed with Sisyphus. You have to get outside of 270 for the best of the area. It's been a few years and I know there are a few new ones in Cbus, but Simsbury and Flat Rocks are 2 of my faves. It had/has a reputation of being somewhat unmaintained but Lobdell is a lot of fun too.

If you're coming in from Maryland, you shouldn't miss Orange Crush/Seth Burton in WV along the way!

Agree with stopping at Seth Burton/ Orange Crush. Played there on way home from Pittsburgh a couple years ago and it was great. Only got to play Seth though.

Third the recommendation for Orange Crush / Seth Burton. Black Course / Yellow Course is also fun and a little closer to your likely route.

If you are willing to detour to Pittsburgh lots of good courses around - Deer Lakes and Moraine particularly.

Woodshed and Whippin' Post in Paw Paw, WV are well worth a little time on winding country roads. Plan on at least a half day to play both.

Ditto Farms in Hagerstown is a good course just off the highway.

So in summary I know nothing about disc golf in Columbus OH, but you can have a lot of fun getting there. Good luck!

Flat Rocks and Eagles nest in Lancaster are about 30 minutes outside the 270 Columbus outer belt but well worth the drive. Simsbury (my home course) in Pickerington is worth the stop. Lobdell is good. Players DGC (Alum Creek) and Gordon Holton (Delaware stat park) are both better than Hambric (Hoover) in my opinion, but Hoover is a classic with a lot of fans.

Hoover is where I first discovered the sport, so it holds a special place. If staying in the immediate Columbus area, it's the best bet. That said, I would still recommend venturing a little north to alum creek and Delaware state parks.

I've played Hoover twice on my travels thru OH, it's over rated IMHO. Lobdell was very good, I'd go back there. Simsbury was good too.