• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

Yeah, I thought the Spin was gross too.
I can't exactly put my finger on it, but I really, really hated that disc. I've tried a lot of discs I didn't click with and that was fine, but the Spin was different. It wasn't that "this isn't my style" or "It's OK but I prefer" thing, I HATED that disc. More of a deep-rooted visceral hate from somewhere in my subconscious. I hated the way it felt in the hand. I hated the plastic. I hated the way it flew. I hated looking at it taking up space in my stash. It had to GO! It's seriously on a short list with the Wolf of discs I've actually hated and would discourage others from throwing.

I found it on reddit for like $20. Had a few lucky used disc finds last year.

mFXoTyw.jpg

Ive been throwing an MJ z comet for winter one disc bad weather/snow rounds. Nice disc.

I like the increased stability of z plastic and even will sidearm it up to 175ft if needed.

The thing I forget about z comets compared to seasoned kc pro rocs is that it does comet stuff lol like actually hyzer back when you follow through with hyzer even when thrown hard. Or if you didn't give it enough speed.

I got used to having specific rocs for specific lines. And have been throwing flat topped roc3 and aviar3 and throwing harder with less glide and its disorienting how much glide comets have.

My last and only glow Z (dislike the ghostly white color, I very rarely play glow rounds) ended up in the water at Stafford Woods NJ. Park job mcgee but somehow caught an edge and rolled back. It was my first 10 throws with that particular disc but I decided to just shy away from the alleged "overstable" Comets. Seemed very ordinary to me.

Long tee was the drive:

10449ea0.jpg

10eea933.jpg

Does anyone know how often Discraft releases the Rubber Blend Comets? Is it just a special release type of deal?

I picked up one 2021 Ledgstone Edition from Infinite recently and wish I had bought more.

Does anyone know how often Discraft releases the Rubber Blend Comets? Is it just a special release type of deal?

I picked up one 2021 Ledgstone Edition from Infinite recently and wish I had bought more.
Not often. At least not regularly.

*Nelson laugh* HA-HAAAA.

3P keeps the weight stickers on his discs. What a loser

Perhaps?

I'll let you know when mine arrive 😎

Maybe the fields will be dry enough for some field work by the time they get here. All the snow we got last week has everything soupy this week as it melts off. I've got a stack of new to me LE esp's that I need to compare against my favorite Comet in the bag.

I played my Saturn stamp big Z comet on the weekend, I buffed off a tiny bit of flashing. Wow deadly straight!

Those big Z are pretty nice. What a great out of the box Comet. Been a while since I cracked into a fresh one. I hope it treats you well.

Oof those look nice. Maybe it's the light, but do they have a pretty flat top?

So you like a flat top Mr buzzz chief? Haha me too and I blamed the buzzz.

Big Z is typically a flatter top akin to the one glow comet I had and the 4 glow buzzz's. A decent, medium shoulder, just a little short of the '21 MJ's.

Some people may not prefer it, but if one was more in Buzzz country it might be the droid you are looking for. I have yet to fully break in a big Z but they seem to fly a flatter line. Less "S" sway... maybe a touch less glide but very "linear" and predictable. Kinda the missing link/ or gateway Comet for a buzzz guy

Last edited:
So you like a flat top Mr buzzz chief? Haha me too and I blamed the buzzz.

Big Z is typically a flatter top akin to the one glow comet I had and the 4 glow buzzz's. A decent, medium shoulder, just a little short of the '21 MJ's.

Some people may not prefer it, but if one was more in Buzzz country it might be the droid you are looking for. I have yet to fully break in a big Z but they seem to fly a flatter line. Less "S" sway... maybe a touch less glide but very "linear" and predictable. Kinda the missing link/ or gateway Comet for a buzzz guy

Funny that I was a Buzzz guy for a short while (when I joined the site) but have been a Roc/Ghost guy for probably 16 of the ~20 years I've been playing. I tend to like the feel of flatter mids but the flight of domey ones. Go figure.

My current favorite Comet is a color "glow" Z that has a nice shoulder but a flattish spot on the top. Like you said, it's laser straight.

Honestly if don't know if a scale is a blessing or a curse...

Kinda like flight numbers haha. Sometimes you just gotta throw it.

Latest posts