• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

relative to other comets, it is low speed overstable. but compared to any other disc, not really. the comet is very slow, so even a heavy new z comet has a lot of glide compared to most midranges. it will fade, but because of low speed glide it still gets a lot of forward finish at the end. not like a 'regular' overstable disc that has more horizontal movement (relative to thrower).

man i'm loving the x's.. have lots of woods around the crib and i was just carving up lines through the trees with them yesterday afternoon.. and getting really nice distance they glide and glide.. i guess i was expecting them to be a lil shorter for some reason but getting very nice distance..just cant wait to get them on the course this weekend... might have to try and snag a elite-z to toy with too :thmbup:

Comet does exactly what i want it to!!! Best mid on the market in my opinion!!!!!

^^^ watching you carve up the woods is why i scooped a few up to try.. and WOW.. loving them.. only had a few field sessions with them so far but i think im going to be a huge fan :thmbup:

Not to totally support Friz but my comets sometimes forget to fade, and sometimes forget not to depending one what I tell them. And I know I told it correctly.

Yeah, but you throw tp's right?
I love em but both in comets and clones, different runs will noticably vary.

MJ needs to win a world's so we can get some tye dye on the covers and get some special Ron Russel like comets made again.

Comet does exactly what i want it to!!! Best mid on the market in my opinion!!!!!

Is this Michael Johansson..? If so, my buddy Omar from Charlotte brags about your comet magic so I now throw me an esp...And I see why you love em.

Is this Michael Johansson..? If so, my buddy Omar from Charlotte brags about your comet magic so I now throw me an esp...And I see why you love em.

yes thats who i am, not quite the right spelling on my last name, but thats alright!

I recently got one in a deal, an X, wiped the stamp and took it out to throw.. needless to say I can't throw it FH, but it's like butter BH, long and flat, it has a place in the bag. It's like the fat slow older sister to the Buzzz, but it goes where I want it too, just not in a hurry. :)

yea requires a super clean throw for FH.

it might be the slow, older sister of the buzz, but believe me ... it ain't FAT. wait til you start hitting some skinny gaps with the comet. your tune will change.

sounds like you are new to the comet. one of the 'lightbulb' moments that helped me with throwing it better is this: the comet is really just a fast putter. throw it as such and your results will be much better.

I've been working on throwing some bigger turning Hyzer lines with my comets lately. I typically use them for left to right shots and straight shots, but I like being able to get them on actual hyzer lines, not simply getting them to flip flat, then have a little fade at the end.

I guess the fat part was a little misleading, I used it at Sakuna and hit some very narrow gaps. It just feels a bit more beefy and thick than my Buzzz. I'm definitely a convert and it will stay in the bag. Nice just to watch it float out and slowly drift a bit. I think this will be the disc that balances my game out from 75% FH drives to a 50/50 or where I am confident enough in my BH to not have to crank an ugly anhyzer FH. think I'll take it out in the field today to work on the FH, might pull out the Z to see how it compares.

yeah so far im loving the Elite-X.. as long as i go nice and smooth she is butter.. have been getting some turn out of it but i think thats just me messing up lol .. been testing the esp too.. i really like it you can crank on it a lil bit.. pretty sure its a 3rd run tho and i guess from what i hear they are lil beefier then the previous runs

yea requires a super clean throw for FH.

it might be the slow, older sister of the buzz, but believe me ... it ain't FAT. wait til you start hitting some skinny gaps with the comet. your tune will change.

sounds like you are new to the comet. one of the 'lightbulb' moments that helped me with throwing it better is this: the comet is really just a fast putter. throw it as such and your results will be much better.

I know what you're saying! I picked up a Z Comet a few months back. Tossed it a few times without realizing it needed a finesse touch to it and Threw it back in my trunk. pulled it back out a few weeks ago and BAM! I'm hitting beautiful anny lines with it and hitting tightly wooded gaps with ease. I mean I thought the disc was slow and didn't go anywhere. Now just use a nice flick release and it glides nicely. Sometime farther than I want it to! lol :thmbup:

Not to totally support Friz but my comets sometimes forget to fade, and sometimes forget not to depending one what I tell them. And I know I told it correctly.

I know what ya mean with the forgetting to fade, but I just resort to hyzer-flipping my Z Comet and she gets put back into her place.

The Comet has become the most thrown disc in my bag. The fast putter analogy is a good one. I think that some think of the Comet as just a turnover mid, but it really can handle most of your midrange needs once you understand how it likes to be thrown. I've even had good success into a mild headwind with it. What I really like about the Comet is its forward fade at the end of the flight, making it the perfect heavily wooded course disc.

yeah im still just starting to get the hang of it but it seems to pair SO well with a kc roc its crazy