• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

I finally tried a Z Comet not too long ago & it was very straight with a little turn. I liked it but didn't think it would beat out my Meteor. I got an X the other day & it's the bomb! A little slower than the Meteor but seems to hold the turn longer. On a full rip it's definitely not in a hurry to get anywhere but it just keeps going. It fights to stay in the air, the mythical Comet glide is the real deal. I'm afraid the once coveted Meteor has a major fight on it's hands! I threw it & my Pro Leo side by side a few times & the Comet, to my surprise, wasn't too far behind the Leopard in D

Last edited:
oh yeah dude those babies will glide.. im trying the elite-z in place of my esp for a bit so now i got..
Elite-X Comet
Elite-Z Comet
2x KC Pro Rocs
Loving the combo so far but thinking the z-comet might knock out my worn kc roc but we will see :)

I'm officially in love. Yesterday I found an unmarked, apparently brand new orange EliteX comet on hole one of my home course! I've played 2 rounds with just it and a soft magnet and have hit chains on my drive 3 times in those two rounds (none stuck:()!! One of the near aces was a 320ft. downhill shot that actually hit the bottom of the basket, bounced up, balanced on the edge, and tipped the wrong way. SO close... Needless to say I'll be using the hell out of this thing and extend my thanks to the dipstick that abandoned it in a bush after one throw!

welcome to the addiction jtredwell and VyZx :thmbup: .. i was throwing my elite-z around the yard yesterday and was just amazed at the lines i could thread with it.. things are just plain nasty.. hate to say it but kicked my esp out of the bag for now.. but elite-x isnt going anywhere lol

Wondering what type of grip most of you Comet throwers are using?

power grip, and climo grip.
3587531724_03bed27f1f.jpg

3586726217_0b0ee4806d.jpg

i use power grip for all my shots.. maybe fan on some shorter approaches w/ my putter but other then that its power on all.. including my many comets :) . Also curious any of you guys thrown those new Glo Z-Comets.. i havent seen many and i know they are pricey but just curious how they stack up.

Wondering what type of grip most of you Comet throwers are using?

Hmm... Everyone seems to be using power grips but I use the control grip with this thing. Never been a fan of power grips on non-drivers.

I just got a slightly used Z Comet in the East Coast disc pass yesterday. Threw it around in the yard, liked the short controlled accuracy. Then went out to the field, threw @ 3/4 power, and the dang thing just flew forever! I was totally surprised w/ the d that I got out of it. I guess my next dilema will be which disc it will replace, the Mako or Coyote...

I guess my next dilema will be which disc it will replace, the Mako or Coyote...

depends on plastic for mako/coyote and how they fly for you. coyotes are usually understable-ish while the mako is designed to be a neutral flyer like the comet. i would carry all three for a little while and see where the overlap pops up. if you like the z comet i would recommend getting an x comet as soon as possible. you will thank me later :thmbup:

I just got a slightly used Z Comet in the East Coast disc pass yesterday. Threw it around in the yard, liked the short controlled accuracy. Then went out to the field, threw @ 3/4 power, and the dang thing just flew forever! I was totally surprised w/ the d that I got out of it. I guess my next dilema will be which disc it will replace, the Mako or Coyote...

Both! Especially once you learn the Comet and get it really well broken in. Then the only mid you need is a Roc or Wasp or something similar for when you really need more stability.

depends on plastic for mako/coyote and how they fly for you. coyotes are usually understable-ish while the mako is designed to be a neutral flyer like the comet. i would carry all three for a little while and see where the overlap pops up. if you like the z comet i would recommend getting an x comet as soon as possible. you will thank me later :thmbup:

Star Mako - flies on a rope, straight as an arrow
Champ Coyote - full power throw, straight, then slight fade, usually used as a finesse type disc for wooded courses, thrown w/ less than full power.
I'll check out the x-comet as well, thanks!
Oh, BTW, the disc pass package is on your way!

Both! Especially once you learn the Comet and get it really well broken in. Then the only mid you need is a Roc or Wasp or something similar for when you really need more stability.

I carry a DX Rancho Roc, mainly as a disc that I don't mind losing or tacoing. I have never thrown a Wasp, but certainly would just because...
Thanks for the input!

kinda funny but i was talking to MJ at the last tourny i played and was asking what he threw before the Comet when he was with Innova and like i expected he said worn rocs but then said that was only till the coyote was released. Never thrown a Coyote but peek my interest just by him saying it lol.. but from reading the way you say your Coyote flies that sounds like a Z-Comet to me.. my ESP are more dead straight(like your Mako) and Elite-X i use for more turnovers or flip them to straight but the Elite-Z will fly straight with a lil fade for me

Last edited:
Threw my Comet for the first time today. it's an X, 165g.

I got it as an affordable replacement for the Fuse. I have to say I love it. SUPER understable, which got me a couple of elusive birdies, one on a high Anhyzer line and one low-ceiling shot that I flipped low and straight.

I am a moderate-low power player. Can anyone tell me how a 165-ish Z comet would fly compared to my X? I'm thinking one more as a slightly more stable compliment.

Threw my Comet for the first time today. it's an X, 165g.

I got it as an affordable replacement for the Fuse. I have to say I love it. SUPER understable, which got me a couple of elusive birdies, one on a high Anhyzer line and one low-ceiling shot that I flipped low and straight.

I am a moderate-low power player. Can anyone tell me how a 165-ish Z comet would fly compared to my X? I'm thinking one more as a slightly more stable compliment.

I'd get the heaviest Z you can find if you really want something more stable to go with the lighter X.

I wouldn't say the Comet is understable. It is stable/neutral in my opinion. It does what you tell it to do. I don't view it the same as a Meteor that wants to turn over and go right (RHBH). The Comet isn't a power/fast disc, so it's easy to overpower it and make it seem like it's understable.

Last edited:

Latest posts