• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Coming Soon, Print Your Own Discs?

man and think about if one of these 3D printing companys get mad investors and in 20 years they can just print matter instead of plastic, crazy

pretty awesome, of course there will be twats that will bitch that they aren't PDGA certified and it's cheating to make and machine your own discs.

but what if we just write "PBGA approved" like cheap knockoffs

I like or maybe PGDA? it would pass casual inspection, and with the right machining and plastic you could get the exact weight you wanted..

"can't find that elusive OOP mold you want, download it and print your own!"

if you have ever used one of these 3D printers then you know the technology is a long ways off

the products of it aren't a "solid" piece, but a lot of layers of brittle glue attached to each other by a thinner glue.

Last edited:
I like or maybe PGDA? it would pass casual inspection, and with the right machining and plastic you could get the exact weight you wanted..

i want more 9x teebirds cant find any... oh well ill make some... thats funny and since i have some i would just have to scan it not draw it up my self. that would be cool i would definately do that but then the value of OOP plastic would decrease dramatically

sure it's a long way off, and just the material to print a disc would probably cost more than just buying an OOP disc. Of course if you printed a downloaded mold you could be gotten for piracy! I think I'll go gbuy the domain name disctorrents.com for in the future when this is a reality! ;)

i want more 9x teebirds cant find any... oh well ill make some... thats funny and since i have some i would just have to scan it not draw it up my self. that would be cool i would definately do that but then the value of OOP plastic would decrease dramatically

Im not sure how close you could reproduce OOP. It would be more for making your own discs or something with a new twist.

If everyone had one it would be hell for people with patents.

So just like the S-OS thread. Good times.

My buddy had one of those 3D printing machines in his college class. Took almost a day for it to print a plastic-like prototype of a car's coil suspension spring. It was a fully functional (traveled up and down the mount when pressure supplied) coil that looked like you could put on a small car. Endless possibilities.

I thought about asking him if he could print me a disc. I wasn't sure if it would be a very durable plastic, but his proto coil spring was his course's final exam and he already graduated school.

What Innova (or others) would need to do is set up their online store so people can buy the formatting for each mold and people would have to go there and buy them for printing.

Which as Fishy pointed out would lead to some crazy disc piracy.

I wonder if you could make your own discs though, like set it up to print a vulcan top on Groove bottom or something. :p