• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Commander - New Midrange

As I look at my Star and Champ Mako3s, they look straight to me, not really rounded and convex like the V-Tech discs. Having said that, it's not concave by any stretch, and I can see where many would say it's convex. Feels pretty "full" in my gruppy paw as I grip it, as well. So the Mako3 is not VTech, but I won't debate it if it's "deemed" convex...

Mako3 had VTech before VTech was cool hahahaha.

You mean a Buzzz OS?
Innova won't even make a Buzzz copy, so chances are slim to none.

Have you thrown an Atlas? Dead ringer for a Buzzz both in flight and in hand feel (other than the overmold thing which is neither here nor there). I'm not sure if Innova made it a Buzzz clone on purpose, but the one I had felt and flew just like a Buzzz.

Have you thrown an Atlas? Dead ringer for a Buzzz both in flight and in hand feel (other than the overmold thing which is neither here nor there). I'm not sure if Innova made it a Buzzz clone on purpose, but the one I had felt and flew just like a Buzzz.

IMO little slower and not quite same HSS. Close but its no buzzz. Can definitely work similar lines just has more glide at low speeds and can be sliiiiiightly understable at high speeds while buzzz is the epitome of stable until uber beat up.

IMO little slower and not quite same HSS. Close but its no buzzz. Can definitely work similar lines just has more glide at low speeds and can be sliiiiiightly understable at high speeds while buzzz is the epitome of stable until uber beat up.

Hmmm, you could be right, my sample size for the Atlas is small (just 1 Star Atlas). On the other hand, I've thrown quite a few Buzzzes. I agree with you on Z and Big Z and Cryztal Buzzzes, but I've had ESP's that had a little bit of turn out of the box, which was very similar to my Star Atlas. Also, I've not thrown a champ Atlas, which I'm guessing might be more stable than the Star I threw.

Anyway, discs that are "clones" never do fly *exactly* like the original disc in my experience. The Atlas feels the same in the hand as a Buzzz to me (other than the overmold) and flies very similarly, so I'd still call it Innova's Buzzz as far as that term really means anything.

Could this be that Roc OS type disc that Bobby Musik had on his FB awhile back before he went to Legacy?

I remember that being a Spider/Roc/Gator looking baby.

Having thrown both Star Atlas and Buzzz I would say they are actually very similar. Buzzz's not in Z or Big Z have a little drift right.

Having thrown both Star Atlas and Buzzz I would say they are actually very similar. Buzzz's not in Z or Big Z have a little drift right.

Ive thrown slightly seasoned baseline buzzz that dont turn but whatevz. Maybe this will be a true clone.

Buzzz Dimensions:
Diameter: 21.7 cm
Height: 1.9 cm
Rim Depth: 1.3 cm
Rim Width: 1.2 cm
Max Weight: 180.00 g

Atlas Dimensions:
Diameter: 21.8 cm
Height: 1.7 cm
Rim Depth: 1.4 cm
Rim Width: 1.4 cm
Max Weight: 180.00 g

The way they said that this disc will fade throughout it's flight reminds me more of my beefy Bard then any Buzzz except the OS. But the OS doesn't glide much, My guess for the Commander is that it will be like a slower and slightly less beefy Viper or a real Beefy Rancho Roc.

The buzz and atlas are two completely different discs. The atlas wishes it was a buzz. Buzzes do not turn. I just popped a fresh d buzz in my bag, even after some tree hits, it lasers all the way to the ground. no turn, and .1 fade. If the buzz is turning for you, thats user error.

But it also matches my experience also. Could you guys be releasing it on a slight hyzerflip. I would say it's likely. I've never considered the Buzzz to be true HSS zero.

Nor have I - but then I throw Pro-D and Elite Xuzzz, so they beat in to turning discs.

But it also matches my experience also. Could you guys be releasing it on a slight hyzerflip. I would say it's likely. I've never considered the Buzzz to be true HSS zero.

I think its more people who believe they are throwing "flat" dont...

Buzzz only turn when you get sloppy or super beat up. Ill stand by that forever and seen some top level pro shots which go along with it.

If I had a video camera or not a crappy Iphone 3gs phone I would record myself throwing every buzz I own in almost all their plastic.

I can even throw them in medium head winds and know they arent going to flip on me. They are 0 hss. The x I have in my bag for like 4 years now gets a little wiggle turn on it but it really doesnt move much laterally.

What do we know guys? We just throw the discs...

I mean find my history here you can read about me raving over the buzzz. Pure was mini buzzz and we dubbed that **** early on bc it ddoesnt turn.