• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Complex near Metro ATL?

1625577_731464983553744_1132839019_n.jpg
Can anyone find me the jealous smiley? :eek:

That looks awesome guys. :thmbup:

I still stand by my comments in post 12. And alternate sets of tees?

What comments in post 12? - that you think the course is flat even though I and others said it wasn't?
Why would I EVER design anything without shorter tees unless it was a REC course or school course to begin with?

By the way it also has alternate pins in the design for at least 1/2 of the holes.

Do you even look at the things I've done?
Just because we disagree that while Houck and Yourself are GREAT GUYS and I love you both personally - and you aren't the end all be all of designing ideas - That doesn't mean I design crap.....
Plenty of GREAT courses in the USA never had either one of you design them...and plenty of GREAT courses in the USA did have you guys design them - everyone sees things differently......What you and the PDGA do to Worlds courses to make them "playable for the masses of PRO OPEN players" instead of ALL players attending who are paying the EXACT same price - is the only thing that aggravates the older people who BUILT this sport and a large percentage of the courses that are played on across the USA.
/rant

Keith, I was simply asking the questions because the info wasn't there about the alt tees and pins. Plus, the length variety among the ones listed looked more limited than perhaps ideal. Some of the proof will be in the pudding when hopefully you'll be able to test the tee/pin combinations for each skill level you're designing for. The testing is the bottom line for all of us who design and resolves any speculative disagreements.

With regard to Worlds courses for Masters and older, they are usually on average more suited for their/our level than Open overall. It's not common to have more than one of the Open courses at Gold level. That's the reality in many venues. Plus the other courses like Nevin have to be shortened to meet time constraints at Worlds. But the older divisions usually have two or three of their three or four courses at blue or white level, that is in events where I have some influence over that.

Look forward to checking out the courses on a future visit to Georgia.

Last edited:
TB10 - 650ft par 3. This is either a typo or it has some crazy elevation! I'm so excited about this!

It does have elevation but is mismarked as a 3 - you can see by the line color being GREEN that is a par 4 along with the other GREEN line holes...I'll talk to Dave and see if he can update to a correct par.

You can't tell elevation changes from the satellite image, but there are several uphill or down hill holes and combo holes in te complex.

Keith

Pretty dang cool. And close to me too. Rockdale had been needing some courses for quite awhile. Any possibility of there being a mini nine holer there for newer players and or families? The reason I ask is because with a few exceptions Atlanta is largely void of small introductory courses.

Pretty dang cool. And close to me too. Rockdale had been needing some courses for quite awhile. Any possibility of there being a mini nine holer there for newer players and or families? The reason I ask is because with a few exceptions Atlanta is largely void of small introductory courses.

pssh, last I checked Moseley is the quintessential pitch'n'putt ...

There will be alt tees on holes and 1 of the proposed future course(s) will have a more "beginner" friendly course.....I spoke with Dave About this in the beginning as I originally designed THREE courses in the same piece of land - 1 beginner course with most holes under 300, an intermediate level blueish/red course 930-970 rated holes, and 1 Championship level Gold course.....

Dave thought for the ENTIRE package sales pitch to the GIHP folks and city folks that it would be better to do the build it and host large Events every year concept versus building a complex for everyone from day 1.

Then I was asked to use all that space to create only TWO championship courses, and the map shows you both with the one par 61 course being able to be made longer in spots to create a higher par when the funds become available for more clearing.
As you can see on the map there is TONS of space to the right of the Olympic (purple course boundary) and 90% of that goes downhill towards the river and requires more work.

The most amazing thing (at least to me and Dave) was that in the entire 36 holes only ONE hole needs to be completely cut in the woods, and 2 others need some gaps / landing zones to be cleared.......most of the course won't need a damn thing done to it - you can drive to almost every tee and basket with a truck which will make installation tons better.

I was careful to look for good/great holes using the natural lines and trees and Olympic stuff to create some cool and challenging shots as well as make it a Tournament course not a one hole at a time course - and hopefully Chuck will give it at least 2 stars so that I know I haven't wasted my time.:doh:

I just hope that I can live up to the excellence of holes 11/12/13 at the IDGC the best 3 Event holes in all of GA - as you never have to worry about getting in the way of anyone else on those holes.:wall: :clap: :D:D

I just hope that I can live up to the excellence of holes 11/12/13 at the IDGC the best 3 Event holes in all of GA - as you never have to worry about getting in the way of anyone else on those holes.
Individually, they are all pretty good holes and all under 300 feet (along with 16) on a gold level course. ;)

hopefully Chuck will give it at least 2 stars so that I know I haven't wasted my time.:doh:

I just hope that I can live up to the excellence of holes 11/12/13 at the IDGC the best 3 Event holes in all of GA - as you never have to worry about getting in the way of anyone else on those holes.:wall: :clap: :D:D

I've never met either of you, but I find it interesting that Chuck asked questions related to actual scoring spread and all you've done is attack him personally. He brought up an interesting point, that according to your maps there are a lot of holes in similar distance ranges, and if several of them play up or downhill so their effective lengths are different that would have been a good way to add to the discussion.

Holy Cow I didn't know about this. GA disc golf just gets better and better. Im so happy for the state of disc golf in the state of GA. I just wish I hadn't moved away! Ha

I've never met either of you, but I find it interesting that Chuck asked questions related to actual scoring spread and all you've done is attack him personally. He brought up an interesting point, that according to your maps there are a lot of holes in similar distance ranges, and if several of them play up or downhill so their effective lengths are different that would have been a good way to add to the discussion.

I find it interesting that I answered Chuck's questions, attacked him personally and he got exactly what I was saying.....:D
Chuck knows we disagree about this topic, and how I respond to posts, so he asked what he knew would elicit the responses given.
I asked him to ask me anything he wanted to know, and he basically wanted to know what was already answered....It's not flat, and there are other tees----
Seeing that and him knowing I design all my courses for Event play and that I detest 18 good play 1 at a time holes, but that are 18 crappy Tournament holes - because I don't play any course except in Events - he knew exactly what he wanted to know by my responses.

By the way, Chuck and I kid all the time on online stuff - he knows that I use his design standards for pars, that I like the ratings system (which I can guess everyone ratings at My Events within 5 points every time for a particular score) - I even have players at other Events I help at ask me what I think the ratings will be for a particular score.:D

In closing, there is nothing to see here, and when and if everything comes about at the complex, Chuck will TRY to come down and change it if he still works in that capacity for the PDGA whenever bids are sent in. :D
:clap::clap:

That's way too many :D for me. Just don't even think about taking acreage from the mountain bike course or it's gonna be :thmbdown: and I will be leading the charge

That's way too many :D for me. Just don't even think about taking acreage from the mountain bike course or it's gonna be :thmbdown: and I will be leading the charge

The course doesn't interfere with the mountain bike trails at all - some tees are near trails, but nothing crosses trail system.....

You must be related to Chuck and think know one knows how to design courses with other amenities already on site....Every course I've dealt with in the 50 plus courses I've designed or changed had other amenities on site - even the private course ones......I've been doing this for over 18 years - pretty sure I can figure out what else is already on the properties I've been given to work with.....

So save your smackdown for someone who really needs it.

Look I used no smiley faces - can you handle that?

I'm not sure why you're so defensive Keith. I know you take pride in your work and you should. But, you need to let your courses do the talking. This course is not in the ground yet and you can't get mad at people asking questions about the blueprints of a course that only .01% of disc golfers have actually seen the layout and land.

You're a great designer Keith and I have full faith in whatever you put in the ground. I'm sure this will be one of the best courses in GA or greater.

- Bryson

I'm not sure why you're so defensive Keith. I know you take pride in your work and you should. But, you need to let your courses do the talking. This course is not in the ground yet and you can't get mad at people asking questions about the blueprints of a course that only .01% of disc golfers have actually seen the layout and land.

You're a great designer Keith and I have full faith in whatever you put in the ground. I'm sure this will be one of the best courses in GA or greater.

- Bryson

Because it's more fun for me to poke at people to make them understand the stupid things they say.....
It's not in the ground yet and only being TALKED about which I've said on here and F/B numerous times, but then people right after ask or say something incredibly stupid, which makes it easy to point out their dumbness - with or without smileys - cuz even when I use them to show I'm just having fun, people still have no clue......
I'll say it again to be clear...:D:D:D

Great piece if land to work with, I did some work there when the Hawthorn Suites was built.
Good luck with the City!
Hopefully you saved some tact for them...lol

Great piece if land to work with, I did some work there when the Hawthorn Suites was built.
Good luck with the City!
Hopefully you saved some tact for them...lol

That's what David Dittmar is for - he is the behind the scenes guy on this project and it's his baby - when it's my project, I have more charm than Cinderella when dealing with the entities necessary...I've done this for Cities, Counties, Private Entities, and States in three locations I've lived in across the country.

Being that most if not all of them AREN'T Disc Golfers - means I don't have to deal with boneheads when explaining myself so it makes it easy to be charming. :D:clap:

Based on NGCT, I'd be all for another couple of courses that Keith had a hand in... just another reason to stop in the area for a couple of days on the way to see my family in FL. :)

Latest posts