• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Confession!

Tjamesd

Birdie Member
I hope to be accepted here! I have been throwing casually since about 2008 and more seriously since about 2011 or so but have recently started getting more involved in the DG community.

About a year and a half ago I was definitely the guy with 10+ 13 speed drivers in my bag with no idea of how to use them (of course I thought I knew how to use them). As of late I have been throwing more and more mids but I want to know what that ONE mid you can't live without is...

I've had a Buzzz in my bag ever since I started throwing and recently lost it (glo FLX) :\ Also I LOVE my Cryztal FLX Drone for FH shots. I randomly got a X comet recently and have been loving that for short turnover shots. Just wondering what everyone else loves!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Welcome to the site! I'm a Buzzz and Comet fan myself. They compliment each other well considering how many plastics they each come in. Personally, I throw a Ti Buzzz, a X Buzzz, and a X Comet. Once the X Comet beats in too much I'll get a ESP Comet. They are great molds!

Pro D Buzzz - prefer them to my Z, better feel - great for hyzer/anhyzer, BH & sidearm, even putt/approaching works

Yeayohey!

Welcome aboard Cadet, I too have been experimenting with throwing mids off the tee lately, and so far I'm really into it. I wish I would have given my GL Mace some love sooner, that thing was a on fire today!

The Buzzz, especially in Z plastic, is hard to beat as a driving mid. Just keep on huckin', man.

Yeayohey!

Welcome aboard Cadet, I too have been experimenting with throwing mids off the tee lately, and so far I'm really into it. I wish I would have given my GL Mace some love sooner, that thing was a on fire today!

I too have been enjoying the gl mace.

I too have been enjoying the gl mace.

Me too. Although I saw some big bee pearly buzzes today at PIAS. They were pretty sweet.....

Aside from the GL Mace, the Warship worked pretty well for me. Interestingly, it worked better in VIP for me. :\

I think I throw my buzz more than my putter(not because I'm a good putter). It seems to be more resistant to wind than drivers and easier to control in any kind of tunnel shot scenario.

And welcome to the addiction.

On a warrior kick...
They fly faster and hook harder than my rocs.
Interesting to have a new set of shots to be had from a new mold.

Get another Buzzz. I love my Z Buzzz. But I also use an FLX when its cold like it has been this past winter. But this past February I picked up a Chryztal Buzzz. It might just might push all my other Buzzzs to the curb.

For DEAD straight and long try an Atlas.

Many will recommend the Comet, I like the Z. And since you sound like you are committed to improving your form, the Comet just might be the disc you need. The Comet is very unforgiving. If your technique is off the Comet will give you nightmares. But when you throw it right, the Comet is amazing. Long and holds about any line.

Rocs. They cover all the stability in different stages of wear right now.

Just wondering what everyone else loves!

Thanks!

A great burger as I reflect on the 2 or 3 wonderful courses I just finished playing on a road trip. :D

I agree with the buzzz chatter going round. Got a cryztal that is awesome, but the pro d made it's way and I think it's just as awesome! Drones too! :)

Welcome, and cheers!

I love my Vibram Ibexes. Super straight with good glide. So they are basically what everyone claims the Buzzz is. Also, welcome to the site :)

if you like to pair up brands
Wasp & Buzzz
Roc3 & Mako3
Gremlin & MD1

I was once a Buzzz fan as well, but over time the Roc/Roc3 took over. I still have my Buzzz's in case I ever decide to go back. :)

Ive been on a z wasp kick lately keep a beat and newish one in the bag. For some reason I just seem to throw a beat z wasp better than a new z buzz even though its basically the same.

Only carry 3 mids.
Trident, Warship, Tursas.
If I had to carry one it would be the Tursas.

Latest posts