• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Confession!

i haven't thrown a roc either.

or maybe i have, since i throw ghosts. ;) i love my gravity ghost and it just keeps getting straighter and flying longer. i could almost see myself cycling only gravity ghosts and keeping a pinnacle or icon for gusty days, only bagging the comet for super tight wooded shots and upshots.

I prefer to either pair up ESP Comets with Z MRV's or Ti Wasps. Used to be a Buzzz junkie but not anymore. Comets really are the best disc ever (so long as your form allows you to throw them without cursing).

Welcome to the site.

I'm a die-hard Roc lover. Bag three of them (2 DX, 1 Roc3) and practice with seven others at home (1 Glo, 1 Star San Marino, 1 KC-Pro, & 4 DX). Arguably the best all-around disc ever made. I also have a Ti Buzzz and a Glo Comet that I swear by, but I've recently come to like the MVP Tensor. It's kind of like a more stable flat-top Roc.

Welcome to the site!

Discraft Glide... Technically a fairway driver, but (at least for me) it powers down nicely for mid-range shots.

I'm using a Buzz/Wasp combo right now and a Wedge/Zone combo for extreme US/OS duties, even though I consider those to be more 'tweener' discs. Thinking about going to the Hornet instead of the Wasp though, it just doesn't hook up at the end as much as I'd like.

I recently made the switch to the idea of cycling rocs. For the tee box, I am loving my kc pro roc in 180 g. Flys nice and straight , but has dependable fade. I get more oohs and hash off the tee with my roc than any other disc. It's a beautiful flight. While trying to break in my rocs, I purchased a comet for my dead straight and anny lines.......it's still in the bag. Stand still control and distance with the comet is superb. It's fantastic down wind. Now that some of my rocks have beaten in similar to my comet, I still reach for the comet. It seems to take less effort to get the results I am looking for. I could go with either for my one and only if I had to.

Rocs. They cover all the stability in different stages of wear right now.
:thmbup:
I cycle KC & DX Rocs. The only mids I carry are Rancho Rocs. My go to Roc right now is my laser straight (Beat) DX Roc. It has a Geisha stamp on it. Though the Roc I "can't live without" changes with some frequency because I cycle.
mhYhO7haKdwCK-dJLcH3teA.jpg

Latest posts