• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cool find

Shoot a few emails/calls over to Innova, guaranteed they make up for his wrong doing and now what has become a four page thread about their sponsored players behavior. In my own opinion, I don't know jack **** about disc golf, but that being said, **** him, if he was a dick, go over his head.

Haha I'm not going to email innova...or anyone for that matter. I'm over it. I did what I had to do. Karma will do the rest!

I tell you what, this sounds like the most messed up thing ever. You took time and gas to go deliver him his disc, and he didn't even thank you for the effort? He should have at least said "thank you", maby bought you a beer for your trouble, or give you a piece of plastic (that he probably has stacks of free ones coming his way from Innova). But to do nothing, not even a "thanks". WS has just made my list...:thmbdown: to him.

:thmbup: to you though for doing the right thing.

Watching the final 9, WS looked like he wasn't having a lot of fun compared to the others. Climo was a blast to watch though, and his positive attitude kind of made up for WS looking so glumb with his big ol' dark sunglasses covering his face and subdued looking posture.

While a thank you would have been the polite thing to do, he probably didn't have any idea that you made a drive to bring him the disc. Guy probably has so much plastic out there that he can't remember where he lost it all. I'm just saying, don't over-vilify him because the OP drove out there.

At PW2007, I lost a really important Orc in one of the doubles rounds.

While looking for that disc, I found Ken "Tank" Franks Starfire. After the round, I saw him and went up to him. He was talking with KC about losing that disc and how upset he was. I said "oh Ken, here it is. I found it during the round." Well, he was stoked, obviously.

I then said "yeah I was looking for my Orc on that hole. I'm hoping that returning this disc to you will get me some karma."

Then KC says "oh yeah, I meant to tell you, I found it" and had it with him.

Probably my favorite lost disc story - no b/c it involved KC, just that three people involved happened to be all talking about the discs being lost and we had them all through other people.

WOW!! we have a horrible pro experience and then this gem. damn.

While a thank you would have been the polite thing to do, he probably didn't have any idea that you made a drive to bring him the disc. Guy probably has so much plastic out there that he can't remember where he lost it all. I'm just saying, don't over-vilify him because the OP drove out there.

No, he said he was looking for it for awhile...then walked away.

Lesson to be learned here: Next time we post a "cool story bro" on here...maybe we should get the ending of the story before posting. Just sayin'.

There is no way anyone should condone bad manners that should be taught to someone as a child. I don't care how bad of a day your having, it is completely unacceptable to not give someone a quick "thank you" for returning something of yours. If your having a bad day then I can see not wanting to have a long, drawn out conversation but a "thank you very much. I was looking for that" is a simple, common courtesy that should never be overlooked!

so bad day huh poor guy. He is a pro and representing the sport and the big bad innova. He should be an ambassador of the sport also. What a douche. Op you my friend are a good man I would have kept it in the first place, or if i did figure it out i would have sent him an email saying I have your disc and take it on a cross country adventure!!! ;)

Give Will a break. He is a nice guy, I met him this weekend too. He answers my tweets all the time. Despite being a top pro, he is human and makes mistakes. I bet if he realized he didn't say thank you he would feel terrible! So cut the kid some slack, he was very nice to me and everyone else I talked to.

Side note, favorite pros to talk to this weekend were
Champ (got to play a round with him and Dave at BRP on Thursday)
Yeti (chatted with him for quite a while after the tourney finished)
Barsby (this guy is such a character! Funny as all hell)

Give Will a break. He is a nice guy, I met him this weekend too. He answers my tweets all the time. Despite being a top pro, he is human and makes mistakes. I bet if he realized he didn't say thank you he would feel terrible! So cut the kid some slack, he was very nice to me and everyone else I talked to.

Side note, favorite pros to talk to this weekend were
Champ (got to play a round with him and Dave at BRP on Thursday)
Yeti (chatted with him for quite a while after the tourney finished)
Barsby (this guy is such a character! Funny as all hell)

oh so you met him and he was super sweet to you? then the OP must have been mistaken when the kid was extremely rude to him. oh wait hes not. the kid displayed absolutely no class imo. he obviously hasnt learned what the meaning of "professional" is.

oh so you met him and he was super sweet to you? then the OP must have been mistaken when the kid was extremely rude to him. oh wait hes not. the kid displayed absolutely no class imo. he obviously hasnt learned what the meaning of "professional" is.

Yes, indeed I have. Talked to him after a sub-par round and he was still very kind to me. All I am saying is that he is still just a young disc golfer who made a mistake. That doesn't mean he is a jerk or a terrible person. That is just ignorant to think. Situation is everything. If I talked to you bright and early in the morning before your cup of coffee, I might think you are the rude jerk.

So after alot of people posting how nice of a guy Will is, and Sargeantgeneral saying that he responds to his tweets...I got the idea to send Will a message on FB. I didn't want to just dismiss him as a jerk that blew me off for no reason. I was surprised when he messaged me back! He told me that he was having a rough weekend and was stressed out as well as exhausted from the 90 hole tourney. He did say that he appreciated me taking the time to return his disc, because "everyone else just takes his discs."

I'd like to apologize if I made it seem like I was bashing Will in any way (I don't think I said anything like that, but just in case). He IS human, and is going to have a bad day now and then. Also thanks to the few people that were saying how nice Will is, it led to me deciding to message him.

In the end I think that there is still a cool story that didn't look like it was ending well, but turns out it did! I hope people don't see Will as rude if they did before, he did the right thing in the end.

That is awesome you got to get a hold of him online. I am sure the next time you see him he will be in better spirits.