• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Course Baggers

Good luck with that. They keep popping up in every corner seemingly right after you bagged everything that way. How many have you played so far?

151 so far including practice areas. And yea, it does seem like that haha

151 so far including practice areas. And yea, it does seem like that haha

Nice!! That's damn impressive though. Eventually you'll get the wandering eye and end up in Minny. Then you'll be in f'n Montana before you know it and forgot about WI. Next thing you know there's a hundred courses in your wishlist. :confused:

I'd like to personally thank you for updating, adding new courses, pics, course info, etc. It's greatly appreciated. :thmbup:

For example, that out of the way 4.5 suddenly looks alot better than those 3 nine holes stocking stuffers...

I agree but then those people who think and play like that are not course baggers. I guess I'm a course bagger for courses around me about 1 hour radius driving and in my area I'm blessed with about 60-some courses.

But beyond that, I'm gonna get way more selective because there's no way I'm going someplace far away for 5 days and pick anything but the best. So I wouldn't count as a bagger outside of that.

Imo, the best courses up there are HBH (obviously), Sandy Point, Rookery Run, and Brandy Lake.

The Tailings was great! I somehow didn't lose any discs and I even got brutally denied by a tree when I threw at the top of hole 11's long pad and still found my disc.

Definitely would go back. Not to mention it's literally half a mile from a pretty decent dispensary :thmbup:

Just wishlisted those 3! Thank you!

May have to head back to Tailings and check out the dispensary. :D Glad you enjoyed the round there!

Nice!! That's damn impressive though. Eventually you'll get the wandering eye and end up in Minny. Then you'll be in f'n Montana before you know it and forgot about WI. Next thing you know there's a hundred courses in your wishlist. :confused:

I'd like to personally thank you for updating, adding new courses, pics, course info, etc. It's greatly appreciated. :thmbup:

No problem man! I've been seeing you getting pictures uploaded on a lot of the new courses in the WI area as well so at least someone's doin it :D

I'll probably end up bagging my first MN courses in a month when I go back up again for another week. I was thinking Carlton's Disc Golf Sanctuary over the border in Duluth right after I bag Superior Municipal Forest.

No problem man! I've been seeing you getting pictures uploaded on a lot of the new courses in the WI area as well so at least someone's doin it :D

I'll probably end up bagging my first MN courses in a month when I go back up again for another week. I was thinking Carlton's Disc Golf Sanctuary over the border in Duluth right after I bag Superior Municipal Forest.

you baggin mont du lac i would guess

Yep. Gonna try to bag all four courses in the same day but I'm sure my legs won't like that.

white cedar will work you

eagles peak will somewhat work you as well

and hidden meadows and backwoods are pretty flat

if youre on a time crunch at least just go for white cedar

if you have extra time the hilltop park in cloquet is a super fun ace run style course and quarry park in duluth has interesting terrain but overall the play sucks

Notched Idlewild today. It was in spectacular shape as there is a big tourny coming up. Great course, but still not my favorite. We played Hobbs under ideal conditions and it blew me away.
Hobbs is great. haven't played Idelwild yet

Notched Idlewild today. It was in spectacular shape as there is a big tourny coming up. Great course, but still not my favorite. We played Hobbs under ideal conditions and it blew me away.

Hobbs is great. haven't played Idelwild yet

I never understood the love for Hobbs. The first seven holes are outstanding. About as good as any start to a course I've played. After that? You have a memorable península water shot and one throwing off a pier. Other than that, the back nine is very average.

I never understood the love for Hobbs. The first seven holes are outstanding. About as good as any start to a course I've played. After that? You have a memorable península water shot and one throwing off a pier. Other than that, the back nine is very average.

Hobbs was in perfect condition when we played it and the weather was perfect. It was probably the best-designed course and most accessible to the most skill groups of any course that I have played. I loved it. I also like N Georgia Canopy tours, Langley Pond, and the IDGC courses a lot.

Sneaking in a little bonus trip next weekend up to the UP. Heading up to Calumet area to hit everything up there. Then Iron Mountain and back to Minocqua. Added an elementary school in Cassell and a brewery course in Alpha that I'll get pics and review. Also added a church course in Marquette while I was at it. Weather looks good as of now. Bug forcast? Not as nice 😁

Sneaking in a little bonus trip next weekend up to the UP. Heading up to Calumet area to hit everything up there. Then Iron Mountain and back to Minocqua. Added an elementary school in Cassell and a brewery course in Alpha that I'll get pics and review. Also added a church course in Marquette while I was at it. Weather looks good as of now. Bug forcast? Not as nice ��

Going up to Calumet area not this coming week long trip but my fall trip so let me know how all those courses up there are.

I'm gonna be up in the north woods again from the 15th to the 23rd of August and was going to bag all the courses in Florence/Iron Mountain area. I was too tired to check out the brewery course next door in Alpha after I played The Tailings so perhaps I'll bag it on the way out to IM.

Hobbs was in perfect condition when we played it and the weather was perfect. It was probably the best-designed course and most accessible to the most skill groups of any course that I have played. I loved it. I also like N Georgia Canopy tours, Langley Pond, and the IDGC courses a lot.

It was in great shape when I played it as well. That doesn't address my concerns with it. When have the course isn't memorable or possess much challenge or excitement, it's a negative. That's what knocked it down a peg for me and why I 'only' rated it a 4.0.

It was in great shape when I played it as well. That doesn't address my concerns with it. When have the course isn't memorable or possess much challenge or excitement, it's a negative. That's what knocked it down a peg for me and why I 'only' rated it a 4.0.
When I played Hobbs in the late afternoon on Feb 6, 2021 the temperature was about 30 degrees, and there was mixed snow, sleet, and rain falling. The sky was gray, dark, and gloomy, and there was tons of mud on the low parts of 2-7. Course conditions were not ideal, and I was the only person on the course. Since the weather was bad I subtracted half a point from my rating... just kidding.

Sneaking in a little bonus trip next weekend up to the UP. Heading up to Calumet area to hit everything up there. Then Iron Mountain and back to Minocqua. Added an elementary school in Cassell and a brewery course in Alpha that I'll get pics and review. Also added a church course in Marquette while I was at it. Weather looks good as of now. Bug forcast? Not as nice 😁

are you playing marquette courses

also idk if youve played keyes but its def over rated at 4.30

are you playing marquette courses

also idk if youve played keyes but its def over rated at 4.30

No Marquette courses this trip. It's just 4 days. Everything in Houghton area and Iron Mountain the Sandy Point and Rookery Run.

And I'll see what I can do about Keyes rating 😁

No Marquette courses this trip. It's just 4 days. Everything in Houghton area and Iron Mountain the Sandy Point and Rookery Run.

And I'll see what I can do about Keyes rating 😁

Please report back on all of the above. :D Enjoy your trip!

Dangit, and now I have three more 9-holers up there to bag this fall! You are doing MVP level work!

Please report back on all of the above. :D Enjoy your trip!

Dangit, and now I have three more 9-holers up there to bag this fall! You are doing MVP level work!

I appreciate the compliment. Your reviews are ultra helpful for this trip too :thmbup:. This will be a nice change of pace from the more open Chicagoland courses and random WI school courses I just got back from. But Baggers can't be choosers :p