• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Courses that make you relieved you shot 8 over

blackhawk in tulsa playing as par 54. sometimes i wish i had a gun on that course to end the torture.

Ozark Mtn! Dave MaCs personal play ground. Was really happy 1st round with a 3 over 75 then 2nd round was happier with a 81 +9. I was tired and it is long.

Cedar Hill in Nashville is another course where it feels insane to have all the holes at par 3... no I don't want to start another "lets argue about if its better to play all holes as 3's discussion".. i'm just saying when you play some of the long pin positions you are like... 3 shots.. really.. really?

O its not that bad haha. But it is for certain holes in the long. Holes 2, 7, 10, 15, and 18 all could be par 4s.

Hidden Lake

Reminds me of Blue Ribbon Pines in it's infancy. At a tourney this spring, winner shot +20 over two rounds, Kyle Pinkman, 1000+ rated player.

Some of my favorites in the really long and tough category are West Lake, Leviathan, Nevin, and Lemon Lake Gold, all courses where anything near par is great for me.

None. 8 over basically means bogeying half the holes and getting no birdies. I would never feel relieved playing like that......unless there were winds over 30mph.

O its not that bad haha. But it is for certain holes in the long. Holes 2, 7, 10, 15, and 18 all could be par 4s.

It wears on you. When you see 500+ and par 3 it makes you feel like you have to rip your first shot. Although on the other hand I did hit 18 in 3 when it was at 580.

Moraine state park in portersville pa. The course has 3 sets of tees, white, blue and gold. Even from the white tees, I'm happy to shoot less than 10 over.

Meant to ask you how you liked that one.

From what I've played, it would be Black Diamond at Emery Park in Buffalo, NY. Even set a a par 70, it will crush you from the gold tees. Hole one is an 1100 ft. hole, and it doesn't ease up from there.

Played Nockamixon myself last summer. Great course but it is extremly hard for some reason. Holes are long, but not unreachable in 3 or 4, it's just......I don't know. You have to play it to understand.

I shot a +8 at Flyboy (103 on a par 95) last weekend and felt like I had a decent round. But Kelly played with us and showed us all up with an 83.

Yeah if I shoot a +8 at Nevin I'm taking out a full page ad in the newspaper for that shizz.

agreed I think that Nevin is about the toughest track I have played. Made me not want to play the game anymore