• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

I actually emailed the PDGA about the raptor and kong and the legality of them being used. I got a phonecall back but was at work and it was someone from the pdga that wanted to talk to me about it but left a nice voicemail. He said that they were going to send a letter to the manufactures because they weren't following all of the guidelines, but also admitted that some of the guidelines are a little hard to meet. He said it is unrealistic for 500 to already be out in the stores before the disc is even PDGA approved. It sounded to me like the guy was saying that they were probably going to change some of the wording or how it works in the future, but also did not sound thrilled with the current situation with the Kong and Raptor. Disclaimer - I could have misinterpreted what he was saying and nothing I said was an exact quote from the PDGA, it was just what I got out of his message.

Man I hate all the rumors people are perpetuating about the predator going OOP. Now that McBeth is throwing one, as well as a few other high visibility players, why would they discontinue it now??

I think it's been established that the raptor is a very different disc, right?

Man I hate all the rumors people are perpetuating about the predator going OOP. Now that McBeth is throwing one, as well as a few other high visibility players, why would they discontinue it now??

The main differences to me are feel & speed. The Raptor so far seems like a speed 8 where the Predator is a 9. The Raptor is more shallow & just feels better overall. We all know the Predator has that sharp feel on a FH grip but people may prefer it for BH since it is deeper.

I always like the flight of the Predator / just couldn't settle with the feel of it.

I think they needed another option for their expanding team. I'm sure the pred didn't feel great for some players so the raptor still gives them that nice stable fairway driver for forehands.

I mean innova has the the eagle-x, thunderbird, firebird, and monster. Which are all incremental bumps in speed and stability. I don't see why Discraft can't do the same.

I'm surprised nobody is throwing crushes. Great FH Disc for between fairway/distance slot.

The predator is on the OOP list so it's not a rumor.

Sent in an email...

Attachments

• 51330601_10218634636723518_1685254392816599040_n.jpg
    51330601_10218634636723518_1685254392816599040_n.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 76
Yeah, I find it hard to believe that they will put the predator oop, especially with Paul throwing one now. We'll see, I already stocked up a little more.

pred flew nice but the sharp rim made it awful to flick

It's all what you get used too. Since I graduated from a champ banshee way back when, the predator has almost always been in my bag and I forehand it just fine - but I also find the firebird and similar rims to be uncomfortable

It's all what you get used too. Since I graduated from a champ banshee way back when, the predator has almost always been in my bag and I forehand it just fine - but I also find the firebird and similar rims to be uncomfortable

what is it about the fb or similar rims that you dont like

Team members are saying it too.

Andrew Kaluk, who works at the discraft factory, posted "Who said they are getting rid of the predator?"

I'd believe him before most anyone else

what is it about the fb or similar rims that you dont like

Just something feels weird in my grip like the notch on the wing digs in

Do we ever get a regular production premium Banger-GT's? ESP MJ's didn't land here in Finland, luckily I found a hidden treasure cove in a neighboring country which had a stack of Elite Z's and Sparkle Cryztal FLX's dirt cheap. I was tempted to buy them all but settled for two FLX's (they only had two) and two Elite Z's. Only about 65e including shipping. I might buy more Z's when I get my next paycheck. I really love the overstable flight of the Elite Z's but I would love to get a few ESP's for those straight stable shots.

Do we ever get a regular production premium Banger-GT's? ESP MJ's didn't land here in Finland, luckily I found a hidden treasure cove in a neighboring country which had a stack of Elite Z's and Sparkle Cryztal FLX's dirt cheap. I was tempted to buy them all but settled for two FLX's (they only had two) and two Elite Z's. Only about 65e including shipping. I might buy more Z's when I get my next paycheck. I really love the overstable flight of the Elite Z's but I would love to get a few ESP's for those straight stable shots.

MJ said it himself that he's pushing for another run of ESP bangers in the future.

Keep your eye open later in the season when ledgestone 2019 releases more Discs. They are doing a batch of ESP-Glo bangers!

Proof please.

I am curious too though do not use a Predator but have wondered if the mold is only going to be in the stiff Paul McBeth ESP or ESP Tuff as I call it. Like they are stopping the mold in any plastic that the pro sponsored player Paul McBeth has used basically catering to only Pual on the team and leaving everyone besides MJ, Nate Doss, and Nate Doss Wife Valery Jenkins who plays for the same disc company now after quitting Innova for not getting a tour disc or a disc mold stamped with her name on it.

MJ said it himself that he's pushing for another run of ESP bangers in the future.

Keep your eye open later in the season when ledgestone 2019 releases more Discs. They are doing a batch of ESP-Glo bangers!

ESP Banger is a disc that needs more attention. MJ can move some plastic but if either of the Pauls were hyping them with 'in the bag' videos that would sell very well.

I am curious too though do not use a Predator but have wondered if the mold is only going to be in the stiff Paul McBeth ESP or ESP Tuff as I call it. Like they are stopping the mold in any plastic that the pro sponsored player Paul McBeth has used basically catering to only Pual on the team and leaving everyone besides MJ, Nate Doss, and Nate Doss Wife Valery Jenkins who plays for the same disc company now after quitting Innova for not getting a tour disc or a disc mold stamped with her name on it.

Paul throws Z Preds, not ESP.

Latest posts